[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who is the best guitarist out of these four? George Harrison,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_1703.jpg (107KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1703.jpg
107KB, 600x600px
Who is the best guitarist out of these four?

George Harrison, David Gilmour, Johnny Mar or Johnny Greenwood?
>>
Johnny Marr obviously.
>>
>>74970403
Marr
>>
>>74970403
Marr
>>
>>74970403
>George Harrison, David Gilmour, Johnny Mar or Johnny Greenwood?
lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLqoMKbiNZc
>>
George wasn't even the best guitarist in the Beatles

easily Marr
>>
Marr, it's no contest, especially if you're asking specifically regarding songwriting with guitar in ways you don't do with other instruments
>>
The Edge
>>
>>74970471
OP said out of these four, dickwad
>>
>>74970403
Marr and it's not even close
>>
>>74970422
>>74970428
>>74970438
>>74970509
>>74970518
>There are seriously people who think a jangle pop guitarist can even come close (let alone be better) than Gilmour

I'm not trying to be a le Prog intellect meme or anything.
But if this is he state of /mu/.
I might as well just fucking book it.
>>
>>74970662
Okay, well there's the door retard.
>>
>>74970403
Marr, I really love Harrison though
>>
>>74970662
MUH BLOOS SCALE
UP AND DOWN I GO
>>
>>74970662
You don't know anything about guitar if you pick anyone but marr. I'm dead serious.

Yes, Gilmour can do a slow melodic solo pretty well, but that's fucking it. Most Floyd songs aren't even based around his playing, he just solos over the synth in whatever key they are playing in.

Marr is a jangle guitarist, yes, but an incredibly innovative one. the way he wrote songs was brilliant, as he RARELY if ever repeated ideas, ever. Almost every smiths song sounds completely distinct despite the band being exactly the same, and this is all thanks to Marr innovating in some way on every single track. he never repeated ideas. THAT makes him the best, and any real guitarist would be able to immediately recognize that from listening to his music.
>>
>>74970718
Good post
>>
Technically speaking Greenwood is the best, he can play all of the other three's stuff easily. As far as songwriting goes I'd pick George, and his slide playing is unique. Marr is great but I don't like The Smiths at all. And Gilmour can only do one thing (slow melodic blues solos), but he's second to none at that.
>>
>>74970718
Him and Peter Buck innovated that style independently of each other at the same time which is the craziest thing. Btw Buck is criminally underrated
>>
>>74970403
Johhny Marr is the best there
Abbey Road>The Queen Is Dead>>The Dark Side of the Moon>>>>>>>>>>>>>>OK Computer
>>
>>74970422
>>74970428
>>74970438
>>74970518
>>74970579
>>74970692

Muh niggas

Obviously Marr, OP.

Harrison>Greenwood>Gilmour
>>
>>74971232
Also, I must say that even though he's clearly the best guitarist, I much prefer Abbey Road and OK PC to The Queen.
Pink Floyd is ok.
>>
>>74971270
Yeah op should have used s/t instead of queen since it blows their other stuff out of the water and is also the best show case of Marr as a guitarist
>>
>>74971232
>Muh niggas
Why the racism?
>>
>>74970403
Abbey Road > DSOTM > OKC > TQID

Harrison > Marr > Greenwood = Gilmour
>>
>>74971150
That style was already around before they released their first album, Marr just ran with it and mixed it up. The influence is undeniable, especially in their early stuff such as Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMWWBigvbkY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjPhzgxe3L0
>>
>>74972316
Have you actually listened to the smiths s/t, chronic town, murmur, and reckoning? Because the song you linked doesn't really approach what they explored. I do see what you mean though
>>
>>74970403
>dadrock, poprock and gayrock
>good guitarist
hmm...
>>
Greenwood easily
>>
>>74970403
tatyana is better than all of them:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7sZcRMJV5k
>>
>>74970403
>listening to marijuanna based bands
No thank you. What is there to gain from such drole music?

>muh muh plant just a plant just a plant it's just a plant muh plant guys it's just a plant muh plant muh plant
>DUDE WEED LOL
*smokes it once and becomes transended*
I Don't think so sweetie.

Never trust an addict, their brains are being controlled and they will stop short of nothing to protect their precious addiction.

Good music, regardless of the lyrical themes or your position on its themes can simply good music. You can't just deny that something is musically good just because it has lyrical themes that you disagree with. But the fact is that there IS no good druggie music. It is ALL based on their cancer-brained druglaced psuedo spiritual BULLSHIT and I don't like it. Oh its a taste thing right? NO. The music just flat out SUCKS! I don't want to hear some gay ass hippie telling me how WICKED COOL he is because he burned some shityt little plant and breathed it in. Big whoop! Let me know when Bach, Mozart, Tchaikovsky and the other greats of old took drugs just to write good music. Use your brains kids, not your garden.

And before you stoners even THINK about replying to me...
This is the only reply you'll ever get you drug addicted freak, and you're lucky for it. Go impose your destructive drug ideas on someone else. How about you turn yourself into the police, "friend"?
>>
>>74973260
>>
>>74973260
hah trigert
>>
>>74970403
>another thread of fagboy hippies pushing DUDE WEED LMAO bands

Protip BRAINLETS: Music can be engaging and SUBSTANTIVE without things like marijauanna, LSD, and shroms clouding up the mind. Music is an ART that is being defiled and desecrated by LOL DUDE I SMOKUM PLANT NOW I AM THIRD EYE AND SPACE MAN. How is that ART? The drivel of some addict on an acid trip is NOT art. The music composition, structure, and EMOTION of a SANE and IN CONTROL individual is true art...

Next time you commie hippies INDULGE in your devil endorsed bands, you'll think twice about what separates ART from GARBAGE.

Thank you~

t. Soldier of the Fine Arts
>>
Greenwood, but choice has nothing to do with OK Computer.
>>
File: image-disgust.jpg (29KB, 189x207px) Image search: [Google]
image-disgust.jpg
29KB, 189x207px
>>74973379
>tripfag
>>
File: 445.png (622KB, 720x651px) Image search: [Google]
445.png
622KB, 720x651px
>>74973379
>>
>>74972148
I'm black, you motherfucker, I can say nigga whenever the niggatits I want. Don't be a nigger.
>>
David Gilmour by far. his phrasing and timing with his leads/solos is unparalleled by any of the other choices. not to mention he contributed to Animals, one of the best progressive rock albums of the 70's. even well into the 2000's with his solo work he remained untouchable as one of the most influential and skilled guitar players of his generation. and his fucking tone. the man is a genius when it comes to the guitar.
>>
I want to say Gilmour but Marr.
Anyone who doesn't put Harrison last is retarded.
>>
Mark Knopfler
>>
Jonny is objectively the most talented out of those four
>>
>>74970471
can you please leave through the special door
>>
>>74970471
>le fast jazz man
zzzzzzz
grant green is better
>>
>>74974729
>le fast jazz man
>zzzzzzz
https://youtu.be/2eH-xozAMHo
Guess what? He doesn't automatically play fast every time he picks up a guitar. Check this out:
http://nautil.us/issue/20/creativity/brain-damage-saved-his-music
>In a 2014 report inWorld Neurosurgery, Galarza, of the University Hospital in Murcia, Spain, and colleagues from Europe and the United States, wrote, “To our knowledge, this case study represents the first clinical observation of a patient who exhibited complete recovery from a profound amnesia and regained his previous virtuoso status.”
>>
>>74974771
I respect Martino, but it was retarded to try to derail the thread with him
>>
>>74974840
I wasn't the one who posted >>74970471. I even saged >>74974771.
>>
I guess it depends. Probably Marr but George plays a mean slide so I might call it a tie.
>>
Marr > Gilmour > Greenwood > Harrison

>>74970718
If my memory doesn't fail me, he also wrote Rourke's bass parts, which are insanely good, and he was pulling off both. Marr was just on another level compared to everyone here.

>>74973457
That's the argument for Gilmour, yeah. He's one of the few guitarrists that have a very distinct sound you can easily distinguish, another one I can think of being The Edge.
>>
greenwood
>>
>>74973260
I hope to god this is pasta because it's pretty fucking funny

captcha: attention road
>>
>>74970403
Johnny Greenwood >>>>>> Gilmour > Mar = Harrison
>>
>>74973260
dude you just need to smoke more you sound like a huge douche dude
>>
>>74972539
This, hes the most talented
>>
Gilmour > Greenwood > Marr > Harrison
>>
>>74976786
Pleb

Greenwood>Marr>Gilmour>Harrison
>>
>>74976822
>Indie pop and alt rock over rock gods
*vomit emoji
>>
>>74976832
>radiohead is alt rock now
and the smiths are only vaguely indie pop in that they're indie pop rock, and pop rock is what harrison largely wrote as well
>>
>>74976832
>Rock gods
Hi red.dit

Also clearly you know little about Jonny, or Marr
>>
>>74976901
Marr is great but Johnny is objectively no better than Harrison you RYM dick sucking pleb.
>>
>>74970403
Marr
>>
>>74976914
>Buzzwords and childish namecalling
Shouldnt school have started already?

Jonny is the most varied and talented of the 4. Hes a classically trained multi-instrumentalist, who basically shaped modern alt rock and and took radiohead away from being just another rock band
>>
>>74977076
>who basically shaped modern alt rock and and took radiohead away from being just another rock band
One again. You're a moron.
Radiohead was a pure group effort, to think it's Johnny who shaped it is moronic.
And second.
Classical trained =/= better.
Saying this literally doesn't prove anything besides he's musically knowledgeable.
Radiohead fans should stick to their forums.
>>
>>74970403
Marr. If you think differently you don't play guitar.
>>
>>74977865
It wasnt at all at first. Jonny was the only one who didnt want to do pop rock garbage. Hes the innovator. Thom didnt really care until Ok Computer and the rest just followed
>>
File: 1502163797372.jpg (414KB, 1920x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1502163797372.jpg
414KB, 1920x1280px
>>74970403

David Gilmour. Why do you always ask question that you know the answer to anon?
>>
>>74978049
Le blues prog Xd what a master
>>
George, but only because of the guitar solo in "Happiness is a Warm Gun"

Yes I know it's just the melody
>>
>>74978074
>Harrison
>Anywhere but last
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.