[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nigga how the fuck all these lines and dots work

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

Nigga how the fuck all these lines and dots work
>>
paul cant read music
>>
>>74958130
>on /mu/
>doesn't know how to read a music sheet
not sure if bait or actually underage
>>
>>74958155
How the fuck you read this shit it's just lines and dots like wtf
>>
Didnt know how to read a music sheet, thought it was like learning another language

Teacher spent 10 minutes teaching me how to read it when I began music classes

realised you either never took music classes or must be a complete moron to not know how to read a music sheet
>>
>>74958130
this is what's happening in between and during the verses Tyrone is spitting
>>
sight reading when playing is quite difficult, but actually knowing what's going on is pretty easy once you know the bare essentials.

C is on the added line beneath the five ones, then you move up to space between the additional line and the five main ones, and the sound is D (the next white key on the keyboard) and so on. # indicates that the sound should actually be one step higher (the black key to the right of the white), b shows that it should be one step lower (black key to the left. Types of dots and tails indicate the length of the notes. :)
>>
>>74958130
I can sorta read sheet music, just not that well.
How can you tell which octave to play the notes at?
>>
>>74958334
treble clef -> G above the middle C (or C4 if you like midi)
>>
>>74958359
That's what I was thinking, but what about if I'm playing on a guitar? Which C constitutes middle C on it?
>>
>>74958387
fret 1 on string B
>>
>>74958334
the clef outlines a particular note. treble clef is a stylized G which circles the line for G above middle C
>>74958198
developing a facility for reading sheet music rhythm or polyphony or sight singing IS like learning another language. I think part of the reason these guys never bothered is it's like being pulled back into kindergarten, and you can't be creative in the way you're used to until you put a LOT of work in
>>
File: 1493009133052.jpg (161KB, 1890x1417px) Image search: [Google]
1493009133052.jpg
161KB, 1890x1417px
>>74958406
Cool, thanks anon.
>>
>>74958429
now try to figure out the register in which you sing. which C's can you hit?
>>
>>74958467
c3-c4, c5 if i push it some.
>>
>>74958496
you're a tenor! your vocals are best transcribed to the bass or alto clef!
>>
>>74958666
I actually think I might be a baritone, I can go down to A2 pretty easy.
>>
File: yung lean.png (473KB, 609x585px) Image search: [Google]
yung lean.png
473KB, 609x585px
I knew how to read this shit as a kid in middle school, when I had music classes.
Now I had completely forgotten.
>>
>>74958467
>>74958496
>>74958666
>>74958762
I'm starting to think I might have done a mistake and C4 is actually fret 3 on A string, but I'm not sure anymore.

Can someone who knows his shit for sure tell which is the middle C on guitar?
>>
>>74958762
yeah you can whittle it down even further but that's (probably) where they'd stick you in a chorus
>>
>>74958820
your second highest string is B3 in standard tuning. so the first fret on this string is middle C, C4 ( numbers change at every C)
>>
>>74958804
Pretty much this, I stopped giving a fuck at 10 and forgot it all
>>
>>74958840
middle C is 5th fret G string. Remember that guitar is a transposing instrument, sounding an octave lower that written
>>
>>74958150
Yeah he can you dumb fuck, his dad was a jazz musician and taught him how to read
>>
>>74958467
Not that guy, but can I ask you something? I can hit C2-G4, where does that hit, roughly?
>>
I never took a music class in school.

I thought about taking some intro classes for the heck of it, but my college won't let you register for a music class unless you're a declared music major.

Now I've given up on it.
>>
>>74958820
10th fret on the d string, 5th fret on the g string and 1st fret on the b string are all middle c's
>>
>>74959115
probably a bass
But none of this stuff is hard and fast and there are lots of subcategories and usually you can sing in multiple ranges with practice
>>
>>74959176
Yeah, fair enough - I do know that it's nothing set in stone but I never bothered to check the details. That said, I think I got it an octave off, it's more akin to C3-G5. That said, my experience has been that C3 is the middle C, so I might be wrong. In any case, octave lower, octave and a fifth higher.
>>
>>74959272
middle C is C4. It's the fourth C from the left on a full piano, the one closest to the middle
if your range starts at C3 you're probably a tenor
>>
>>74958820
Guitar is written an octave higher than its actual pitches are in relation to concert pitch.
>>
>>74958155
Hurr i can appreciate more if i know music theory hurr
>>
I'm not even trying to act elitist, but this is super simple sheet music, even if you don't read sheet music, if you know the song you could probably hum it and follow along. Can you read this sentence? "The dog barked." it's literally that easy
>>
>took piano classes from 5-19
>proficient sight reading
>stopped taking classes and now i forgot everything

lol
>>
>>74959874
You must be like 82

lol
>>
File: 1504544324807.png (22KB, 612x491px) Image search: [Google]
1504544324807.png
22KB, 612x491px
Where are the tabs?
>>
>>74959921
I'll be 47 in November.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (11KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
11KB, 480x360px
>>74958155
there's nothing on the inside!
>>
lmaooo idfk
>>
Time signature is 4/4 = 4 beats a measure. Hey Jude is usually at around 70 beats per minute. So when you have a metronome on, each tick will be one beat.
The song starts with 3 silenced beats. (hat looking thing = 2 beats. squigley thing = 1 beat) Then it starts on a quarter note. Which is one beat of playing. The note starts on a C5.
And luckily, Hey Jude is in the key of C No sharps or flats). And the only accidentals are B. So most, if not, all B's will be flat.
If you're trying to learn this on guitar, I can't help with fingerings and shit. But if you need help with figuring out note names, here's a rule of thumb. B is at the center of the bar staff. And if you count up the staff, it's all alphabetically. For example, the first note. Find the middle of the staff. B. Move up. That's the C. The next note is an A. Find B. Move down one. A.

Just another rule of thumb for beats.
Quarter note - 1 beat
Half note - 2 beats
8th note - 1/2 beat
16th note - 1/4 beat

So, 8th and 16th notes are going to be a lot faster than the quarter and half notes. The best thing you can do with figuring that out is subdivision. Get a metronome. There's plenty of apps for it. And set the met to where it will count 8th, 16th, etc. And just figure out exactly how fast they will be going in the piece.

I think the hardest thing you will have to do is correctly subdividing the 8th and 16th rests.

But, just learn the note names. Fingerings. And figure out the proper rhythms. You can easily figure that stuff out just by listening to the song "Hey Jude"
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.