[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

are they still as influential as they used to be?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: UZ90wIZU.jpg (18KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
UZ90wIZU.jpg
18KB, 400x400px
are they still as influential as they used to be?
>>
They were never influential
>>
>>74951491
Dude they literally dictated the entire 2000s indie scene.
>>
>>74951515
what a bad scene it was
>>
hipster runoff was more influential
>>
unfortunately yes, they're tied with fantano for the only culturally relevant voices in music

it's a shame they're a ghost of their former self

>>74951524
>"they weren't influential"
>"that's demonstrably false"
>"yeah w-well... they sucked anyway lmao"
>>
File: Pitchfork 2009 to 2015.png (1MB, 1007x1976px) Image search: [Google]
Pitchfork 2009 to 2015.png
1MB, 1007x1976px
>>74951475

Still influential, but losing every year
>>
>>74951491
not sure if bait
>>
>>74951620
what did they mean by this?
>>
>>74951613

I feel Fantano is more i influential to the 22 and under crowd now

P4Ks demographic just keeps getting older
>>
>>74951651
I think Pitchfork meant that colour of skin isn't important but the quality of the music is.
I could be wrong though.
>>
Fantano is arguably the most influential critic of today. This is not b8. This is an objective fact and he's growing only stronger.
>>
>>74953362
God I hope not.
>>
>>74951475
they still there but nothing will ever be the same. Remember ATP ?
>>
File: googly eyes.jpg (67KB, 730x732px) Image search: [Google]
googly eyes.jpg
67KB, 730x732px
Their embrace of normie core poptamism has made them a bland version of themselves. They are no different than Rolling stone or the NME now. They are just coasting off the legacy of the pre conde nasty years when they would post a video of a monkey drinking its piss as a review and would ruin the lives of up and coming bands.
>>
>>74951541
I miss carles
>>
>>74953341
>I think they meant that colour of skin isn't important

Are you sure? Because that picture indicates that they think the exact opposite you dense cunt.
>>
>>74953754
How does it?
>>
>>74951613
>everyone on this board is the same person
>>
>>74951620
Its not like hiphop became wildly more popular, no
>>
Yes. They have more influence now than ever.

Although since around 2009 they've decided to alienate the audience that built them in order to stay relevant.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.