[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does it take 17 people to write a 3 minute song?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

File: 121.png (124KB, 1689x864px) Image search: [Google]
121.png
124KB, 1689x864px
Why does it take 17 people to write a 3 minute song?
>>
>what's sampling grandpa?
>>
that's the only way these niggas get paid
people aren't rushing out to buy Theodore Livingston's albums
>>
>>74946974
>it's an accepted method of stealing songs, boy
>>
File: image.jpg (51KB, 480x477px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51KB, 480x477px
>only one track was written and produced solely by Kanye West
>it's a 44 second acapella titled "I Love Kanye"
>>
>>74946974
Something musicians too lazy to make their own music rely upon very often.
>>
File: bc43a0ff2f00ba245e241d74893767c2.png (283KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
bc43a0ff2f00ba245e241d74893767c2.png
283KB, 1024x1024px
At what point do you stop saying "I made this"?
>>
File: 1329935686616s.jpg (2KB, 117x120px) Image search: [Google]
1329935686616s.jpg
2KB, 117x120px
>>74947023
HOLY FUCK
KANYE FANS BTFO FOR FUCKING EVER
>>
File: nicki_transform.gif (994KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
nicki_transform.gif
994KB, 125x125px
>>74946974
the samples with famous for example would only add 6 writers, so why does it take 11 people to "write" a 3 minute song?
>>
>>74947091
we could get philosophical and discuss where the initial spark of creativity comes from and whether anything can truly be unique or orignal
>>
>>74947153
Yeah... if there was a creative spark to begin with.
>>
>>74946944
probably a sheer lack of talent
>>
it's pretty widely known that kanye will basically hand out writing credits and give em to anyone who's in the room as he makes the song
>>
>Music is inherently bad if multiple people have writing credits
>Everyone who has writing credits automatically played a huge part in the creation of the song
>The amount of writers has any sort of impact on the quality of music

Sure smells like a lot of assumptions in here!
>>
>>74946944
anyone who's in the studio while its being recorded is counted as a writer or someone who contributed
>>
>>74947679
>>Music is inherently bad if multiple people have writing credits

Everything is bad when put together by a committee.

Poptamists should fucking end themselves
>>
I often feel something similar about Belle & Sebastian. Does B&S really need that many people at any given time?
>>
Hip-hop artists have a lack of talent. That's why.
>>
>>74947291
lol this guy doesnt feel the spark
>>
>>74946944
Kanye is the only artistthat can get away with this. Kendrick is drowned in TPAB and DAMN. Beyonce is a manufactured product who they are trying to pass off as an artist by adding more producers. Kanye's ego is so strong that no matter who or how many he collaborates with his vision still comes through
>>
>>74947679
>Music is inherently bad if multiple people have writing credits
>musicians aren't very good musicians if they can only compose new music in groups
fify
>>
>>74947153

You could, but there's a pretty big difference between "my ideas are the product of all my experiences with the ideas of others" and "a group of people literally made all of these sounds for me and I put my name on it." It's pretty fucking disingenuous to conflate the two.
>>
>>74950384
>It's pretty fucking disingenuous to conflate the two.
THIS

No one here is saying that records released under Kanye's name aren't good. It's just completely disingenuous for artists like Kanye to bill themselves as solo artists when they are - in fact - NOT solo artists. If his albums were billed as being by "The Kanye West Experience" or some-such then I'd have no problem.

* this btw is how you know Jimi Hendrix was a true class act - he never once billed himself as a solo artist despite him being the undisputed star.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.