[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SPEAKERS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

File: 71o5w0ZfptL._SL1500_[1].jpg (233KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
71o5w0ZfptL._SL1500_[1].jpg
233KB, 1500x1500px
Where does the speaker setup sweetspot exist where you get maximum sound quality without becoming a pathetic 'audiophile' manchild that spends too much for negligible difference?
>>
>>74943880
Spending between $200 and $500 on a decent receiver and two speakers. Less than $300 on a decent turntable if you're into vinyl.
>>
>>74943880
active speakers from engineering driven manufacturers like neumann/klein&hummel, genelec, hedd, eve audio, geithain, kii, amphion, ...
constantly pushing what's possible with modern speaker designs, materials, amplification and dsp.
of course you're paying more for r&d with the small quantities they're selling compared to a huge hifi brand but that stuff blows 'high end' brands and their prices completely out of the water.
>>
>>74944095
desu your post reads a bot post that learned its vocabulary from scanning audiophile forums and I have no idea what you're saying
>>
>>74944317
I don't see what's so hard to understand.
ask away, mate
>>
>>74944422
spoonfeed me a speaker setup for my apartment.

I don't mind spending money on nice things but am perpetually afraid of regret of spending too much on memes. My entire life is a state of agony and constant fear that I am being lied to by marketing bullshit. I waste hours upon hours researching items for my consumer lifestyle in our capitalist system without ever actually buying anything due to this fear.

I just want my music to sound noticeably great without getting jewed.
>>
>>74944508
then the easiest thing would be listening with your own ears, wouldn't it?
>>
>>74944508
The most common recommendation I see for a good entry into quality speakers is the JBL LSR305. They usually run around $150 each or so but they go on sale sometimes too.
>>
>>74944508
>I don't mind spending money on nice things but am perpetually afraid of regret of spending too much

Speakers are the most important part of any set-up. Really good speakers will last 10-20yrs so think of the $$ you spend amortized over the life of the speakers and it helps ease the pain a bit.

A decent set should cost you $500-$1500 EACH (thats not anywhere close to high end)- but obviously that depends on your needs/room etc...

The most important part is to listen some speakers in a shop with music that you know well. Sometimes the best sounding speaks are not always the most expensive
>>
>>74945476
This guy knows.

If you want quality you are gonna have to pay for it.
>>
>>74943880
Don't be one of those people that will spend 3 grand on a new tv every few years but won't fork over that much for a stereo that will last you decades. If that sounds like you than you are the only jew in the room.

KEF ls50 wireless removes the need for separate amplifiers and comes with built in DSP solutions to help correct for your shitty placement in your apartment. Looking at about $2200.
>>
Only plebs listen to music through speakers. I refuse to listen to music through anything other than a live orchestra in my personal audio-treated basement.
>>
>>74945476
>>74946699
I don't believe you.

$300 for a pair of monitors and $150 for a sub appears to be sufficient.
>>
>>74947884
sufficient for what?
>>
>>74943880
>the virgin listen: headphones
>the chad listen: speakers on full blast
>>
>>74947884
Please don't trust me, go listen for yourself then come back and tell me $300 measures up.
>>
what's you opinion on harman/kardon lads? i tried some 5.1 system (i think it was hkts 15) and it was decent, well above 1k tho. is it a good system? are there better ones in the same price range? keep in mind that it was the whole speakers set + h/k reciever.
>>
>>74945476
>>74946649
>>74946699
These are correct.
>>
>>74948769
Harmon kardon isn't bad at all, but music should be played on stereo or headphones. I'm not a production expert, but d doubt there's much music at all that's recorded for 5.1 or 7.1 audio. 2.1 channel audio is alright but usually too bass heavy.
>>
>>74948769
Tiny satellite speakers and an underwhelming subwoofer make a bad combination for music listening, as most of the time 3 of them are silent
Spend the same money on proper stereo speakers made of wood with some actual internal volume and you'll know the difference
>>
>>74943880
I have those same speakers they're pretty decent
>>
>>74949038
>>74949032
thanks lads. i already have an old stereo system that does the trick (sony lbt-DJ2i) for now, but i want to upgrade it sometime in the near future. any brands you would rec to check out?
>>
https://www.amazon.com/Cerwin-SL15-3-Way-Floor-Speaker/dp/B00JPDMXE4
>>
>>74943880
Tannoys
>>
File: jbl lsr305.jpg (8KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
jbl lsr305.jpg
8KB, 300x168px
>>74943880
I got a pair of JBL LSR-305's to use as studio monitors, but I really love them for casual listening, too. They're honestly the best speakers I've ever had, and I got them on sale for $200. $300 a pair is normal. You can get a matching subwoofer for about $400 if you want more bass. They sound wonderful to me.

Also, they're powered, so you won't need a separate amp.
>>
>>74949654
Here's a list of decent speakers. It's by no means exhaustive, but the brands are all good, and it'll give you a good idea of what you can get for what money.
https://www.themasterswitch.com/best-floorstanding-speakers
Keep in mind those are home-theatre focused speakers, but generally speaking, until you get to higher end stuff, if it does well at one it'll be alright at the other.

I haven't heard them myself, but the Polk audio t-50s are speakers I keep hearing good things about for the price. You can think of them as the speaker versions of Sennheiser hd598's; not bad, especially good for the price, but it's a starting point, nothing that will last too long before upgrade-itis kicks in.

My recommended starting setup: Chromecast audio (or a decent turntable if you like vinyl) > emotiva basx a-100 > Polk audio t-50. The source would be the week point there, but it also supports digital output, so it can be useful even when you upgrade that.
>>
>>74950940
Granted I'm not an audiophile, but if you're going for cheap, I don't think anything beats these in the price range.
>>
>>74950950
awesome, thanks a lot friend. this is a topic i've been really struggling with for the past few months tbqh, so that link is 10/10 what i needed.
>>
>>74951367
No problem. Careful of review sites that buy into snake oil or have paid reviews though. For headphones, headfi is the place to be, but they don't have anything about speakers.
>>
>>74950940

this is the correct answer right here OP>>74943880
>>
I'm currently rocking 4 all original Altec A7 Speakers I snagged when my local theater closed down. Got them all for a grand and it probably has some of the best sound out of any speaker I've every used. Ignore the faggots that are telling you to dump thousands in all new shit that may not catch on and get any legacy support. Almost all modern brands for the are pushing absolute garbage that will not last. Get something tried and true. And make sure whatever it is actually has documentation and parts readily available for when it fucking breaks down. Also I've had good luck Denon shit.
>>
>>74952904
>Ignore the faggots
Why the homophobia?
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.