[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who will Kanye expose next to normies?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

File: bastard.jpg (95KB, 634x943px) Image search: [Google]
bastard.jpg
95KB, 634x943px
He exposed my favorite band - mbv- to fucking normies. Now he has exposed the Pop Group.
FUCK YOU KANYE YOU PIECE OF SHIT. STOP EXPOSING MY FAVORITE BANDS TO FUCKING NORMIES
>>
>>74938665
He's not wearing band shirts, he's wearing designer shirt.
Kanye West doesn't even know what The Pop Group(which is a terrible band btw) or My Bloody Valentine is. Neither will any of the normies who see him wearing these shirts.
>>
>>74938723
idk about that. he seems pretty knowledgable about music from his history of samples
>>
Akira was my favourite movie till dis lil nig stole it
>>
>>74938665
My Bloody Valentine has been known by normies for fucking years
>>
He will expose your insecurities.
>>
>>74938723
He quite clearly has a good taste in music, thats actually one of the few reasons hes music is better than regular pop trash
>>
You guys are sad fucks
>>
>>74938801
>>74938909
The samples are brought on board by his collaborators, not by him.
West listens to Coldplay and U2 and shit. He's a pleb.
>>
>>74938665
hes not exposing music to anyone lol
I guarantee you not a single person didnt already know MBV decided to become a fan after seeing Kanye wear a shirt of theirs
>>
Good song, who gives a shit if normies hear it?
>>
>>74939325
He fucking sampled the doors and Bowie on takeover for jay z back when he was just a producer
>>
>>74939325
Dumbest post in this thread somehow
>>
>>74939551
It's not like the doors and Bowie are unknown bands
>>
>implying you're not the normie for liking such pleb tier music

I'm all for you liking what you like I like Fitz and the Tantrums ffs but there are far more obscure artists out there that will never be discovered by the masses if you're worried about your hipster status, you just need to stop living on the outskirts normiehood and venture into very deep, very dark and completely unnavigated territories to find them.
>>
>>74939585
Never said they weren't but to act as though Kanye doesn't know anything about rock music when he obviously does is wrong. Anyone else remember when he got real butthurt when Thom Yorke gave him the cold shoulder?
>>
>>74939551
The Doors and Bowie are also pleb. Not as pleb as Coldplay, but pleb.
>>
>>74939618
>Anyone else remember when he got real butthurt when Thom Yorke gave him the cold shoulder?

do u really think radiohead is patrician or something
there's a fucking katy perry song where she mentiones radiohead
>>
>muh secret club
>over fucking My Bloody Valentine
For the love of shit, if you have any interest in music you will find about shoegaze and MBV within 30 minutes. It's not an underground band to anyone that has more than a passing interest.

Besides, it's not like the average normie will like My Bloody Valentine. I've heard people claiming Radiohead was too weird for them; MBV is going to be seen as nothing but noise.
>>
>>74939627
is CAN pleb?
>>
>>74939645
Weird memory that came to me out of the blue, but I remember that Radiohead got mentioned in some Disney Channel show in fucking 2009, so Kid A and In Rainbows were already released.

Radiohead is a good band, but it's mot obscure at all.
>>
>>74939741
Can is a Joy Division-tier band in the sense that normies love to namedrop them for the sake of looking deep and intellectual.
>>
File: Naamloos-2.png (138KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
Naamloos-2.png
138KB, 350x350px
>>74939741
It can be
>>
>>74940464
im the one who exposed kanye to mbv.
>>
>>74940464
I hate you
>>
>She Is Beyond Good and Evil is their only memorable song

What did they mean by this?
>>
>>74938723
>>74939593
>>74941508
Congrats, you just exposed yourselves as a music illiterates.
>>
>>74939325
>West listens to Coldplay and U2 and shit. He's a pleb.
But U2 rose up in the late 70s alongside and directly influenced by a myriad of post-punk acts, worked with Eno and Martin Hannett, played shows with This Heat, got Einstürzende Neubauten to open for them at the height of their fame, and their guitarist once made a collaborative album with the members of Can and PiL featuring contributions from Arthur Russell.

Oh and they made great albums in the 80s and 90s and disseminated their influence pretty widely.
>>
>>74941656
no they didn't shut the fuck up
>>
>>74942296
as always, U2 are the ultimate pleb filter
>>
File: PicsArt_08-29-09.25.36.jpg (72KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
PicsArt_08-29-09.25.36.jpg
72KB, 800x450px
>>74941576
>you need to look in more obscure places to find obscure music
>lol musical illiterate
>>
>>74938665
Are you actually this mad that some dude you don't know listens to the same music as you? You're the biggest bitch there is
>>
>>74942912
fuck u
>>
>>74938665
It's not like normalfags are the kind of people to listen to bands by seeing them on a shirt. Hell, they probably don't realize those are bands.
>>
>>74938665
Ree now normies will find out about le obscure bands like My Blody Valentine and Neutral Milk Hotel
>>
>>74941656
Their influence (particularly The Edge's influence) can be heard in many places, such as shoegaze; overall, they are one of the first bands of Alternative Rock, and ended up defining things like the use of guitars as textures and not soloing, practically unheard of in the mainstream then.
>>
When did Thom give him the cold shoulder anyway?
>>
>>74943915
OK, I agree with you, but I'm using your post to adress something else. Depending on where you live, those two band you mentioned can be obscure.
Let's take a non anglophone country. The most known artists will be the mainstream English pop and the country's mainstream pop. Then there's the indie acts, but the country's will take precedence as everyone can understand them AND they can actually tour around, and the radio plays their songs. So, English bands, as obvious they look to you, can fall quite behind there, at least to someone who isn't that involved into music.
>>
File: 1502623868795.jpg (52KB, 708x647px) Image search: [Google]
1502623868795.jpg
52KB, 708x647px
>>74939325
>tfw ywn be as patrician as Yeezy
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.