[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

For a lot of people, heavy metal is today's real rock-and-roll,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: christgau1med.jpg (18KB, 400x266px) Image search: [Google]
christgau1med.jpg
18KB, 400x266px
For a lot of people, heavy metal is today's real rock-and-roll, the music of the people. It's basic, it's rude, kids love it, parents hate it. But a closer look reveals how stupid and delusory it is. Metal is not basic--it cultivates a pseudo-virtuosity that negates content. The values it promulgates are foolish and often destructive. Eighty percent of the "people" who like it are male and 98% of them are white.
>>
>>74938308
BASED CHRISTGAU.
>>
a jew that hates whites?
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (71KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
71KB, 1280x720px
>Eighty percent of the "people" who like it are male and 98% of them are white.
>>
>>74938308
And yet this lisping fag is a punk fan. What are the demographics of "people" who listen to punk?
>>
>>74938308
80% male and 98% white? Sounds good to me
>>
Christgau literally rates artists according to how much pussy he thinks they get. Once you see it, you won't be able to unsee it.
>>
>>74938340
He isn't Jewish though.
>>
>>74938308
> I was bullied in high school and, being unable to move past it like a well-adjusted human being, take it out on the music my tormentors listened to

is there any man more pathetic than Bobby Christgau?
>>
>>74938728
The dude is 75, metal wasn't a thing when he was in high school
he wrote the OP in 1988
>>
>>74938752
true, but he despises masculine music with every fiber of his being

the primordial nu-male desu
>>
File: elvis.png (123KB, 1551x416px) Image search: [Google]
elvis.png
123KB, 1551x416px
>>74938752
You're correct but read this. Lyl.
>>
ersatz shit D+
>>
File: laughing_ayatollahs.jpg (42KB, 500x340px) Image search: [Google]
laughing_ayatollahs.jpg
42KB, 500x340px
>>74938827
> people take this guy seriously
>>
Master of Puppets [Elektra, 1986]

I feel at a generational disadvantage with this music not because my weary bones can't take its power and speed but because I was born too soon to have my dendrites rerouted by progressive radio. This band's momentum can be pretty impressive, and as with a lot of fast metal (as well as some sludge) they seem to have acceptable political motivations--antiwar, anticonformity, even anticoke, fine. But the revolutionary heroes I envisage aren't male chauvinists too inexperienced to know better; they don't have hair like Samson and pecs like Arnold Schwarzenegger. That's the image Metallica calls up, and I'm no more likely to invoke their strength of my own free will than I am The 1812 Overture's. B-
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.