[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is OutKast the greatest hip hop act of all time?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: iu[1].jpg (52KB, 487x362px) Image search: [Google]
iu[1].jpg
52KB, 487x362px
Is OutKast the greatest hip hop act of all time?
>>
yeah
>>
they are comparable to tribe and wu tang
all three are titan groups and it's a matter of preference who you like from the old school.
new school groups like Brock and Odd Future are gonna be the "greats" in a decade
>>
>>74934182
yes
>>
Nah, at this point Kendrick has surpassed them in terms of amount of quality music released.
>>
probably. which is especially impressive considering they were a duo (most hip hop acts have at least 3 people) and from a region where the hip hop scene was unpopular. also the most successful act to not only have large critical appeal, but to have multiple popular hits ("Hey Ya" for example is a cornerstone of modern society)
>>
>>74934243
>Andre-wannabe surpassing the OG King
in your dreams. get cultured kid
>>
No.
>>
NOW THROW YOUR HANDS IN THE AY-UR
AND WAVE EM LIKE YOU JUST DON'T CAY-UR
>>
File: RunTheJewels3.jpg (6KB, 220x220px)
RunTheJewels3.jpg
6KB, 220x220px
RtJ is the closest modern hip hop act of quality id say

>>74934182
Yeah
>>74934243
No
>>
>>74934182
Top 10, possibly top 5, but not top 3.
>>
File: 1499526164001.jpg (62KB, 689x568px)
1499526164001.jpg
62KB, 689x568px
>>74934243
>>
>>74934208
Agree with the first bit, and although I don't want to seem out of touch I just don't think groups like Odd Future will be remembered with the same prowess as Outkast or Wu...
>>
>>74934182
Outkast isn't even the top southern hiphop act
>>
>>74934182
Pretty much. Top 5 certainly.
>>
>>74934956
They wont. They broke up too fast when they got popular. What could have been
>>
>>74934182

heres a better question...why is Andre considered one of the greatest rappers of all time..when all he has released is the love below...

and do you count that album even though it was released as a double album?

while big boi has released one classic under his belt that no one recognized
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.