[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The great debate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: 56598.jpg (298KB, 1202x602px)
56598.jpg
298KB, 1202x602px
The great debate
>>
File: underratedGOAT.jpg (85KB, 600x600px)
underratedGOAT.jpg
85KB, 600x600px
*blocks your path*
>>
Supersonic > What's The Story > Definitely Maybe
>>
>>74933670
Why were people so mad when this came out?
>>
>>74933371
>Potato brothers
No thanks
>>
>>74933713
because people are plebians that can't understand the flush sound at the end of Be Here Now
>>
File: cunt.jpg (16KB, 483x238px) Image search: [Google]
cunt.jpg
16KB, 483x238px
>>74933371
wtsmg is the big fuck off cross over with the normie hits, but DM is the patrician choice nuclear blast that has no equal
>>
File: christgau4.jpg (24KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
christgau4.jpg
24KB, 300x225px
Definitely Maybe [Creation, 1994]

sixties schmixties. back when they were a tribute act, they were the Diamond Dogs ("Supersonic", "Shakermaker") *

What's The Story Morning Glory [Creation, 1995]

*choice cuts* "Champagne Supernova"

Be Here Now [Creation, 1997]

uncle! uncle! let go of my ear! ("D'You Know What I Mean", "My Big Mouth") *

Standing on the Shoulders of Giants [Big Brother, 2000] :(

Stop the Clocks [Sony/BMG, 2006]

One of the many things I never understood about this band is just where the Beatles were. The wit, the ebullience, the harmonies, God, just the singing...uh, the songwriting? Cotton Mather made me understand that when Oasis say they love the Beatles, they really mean the post-Help!, pre-Sgt. Pepper Beatles, but that excuse doesn't fly because A. I fucking love the Beatles from start to finish and B. that stretch includes Velvet Revolver and Rubber Soul, so comparisons are only valid when you come up with songs at least as good as...uh..."We Can Work It Out"? Instead, Oasis, meaning loudmouth bro Noel Gallagher, write songs that resemble the Revolver-era Beatles in momentum and thickened texture, but not in depth, wit, or charm, and then add arena swagger in the size of the drums and bigged-up vocals. This band-selected 18-song compilation captures their sonic moment as fully as anyone needs. My one gripe is that they left off the first album's opener "Rock and Roll Star". If there's one song that sums up these bigheads' message to the world, it's that. B+
>>
>>74934820
keep to your robert wyatt nursery rhymes and get to fuck you boring clueless grey cunt
>>
>>74934820
>shits on them for a few paragraphs
>B+
>>
>>74933371
>>74933670
Pulp
>>
shit band
>>
>>74935146
Fuck off you cunt as you were LG x
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.