[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rick James

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: 1492794790816.jpg (24KB, 400x388px) Image search: [Google]
1492794790816.jpg
24KB, 400x388px
33 chains
>>
>percocets
>molly, percocets
>percocets
>molly, percocets
>percocets
>molly, percocets
>percocets
>molly, percocets
>percocets
>molly, percocets
>>
Top off
That’s a liability
>>
shitty music video

low IQ Negroes can't do anything properly
>>
I'M RICK JAMES, BITCH!!!
>>
File: christgau4.jpg (24KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
christgau4.jpg
24KB, 300x225px
Bustin' out of L-7 [Gordy, 1979]

Fairy funky, sure, although not on the slow numbers. But if this is 'delic, then so is the Strawberry Alarm Clock. C+

Garden of Love [Gordy, 1980]

The latest PR from the P-Funk ministry has been calling him "Slick Rick". Slick Lame is more like it. Here he makes do like crazy with the free-love smarm, such as on "Merry Go Round", a song that takes a utilitarian view of a woman living the free-loving life. C-

Street Songs [Gordy, 1981]

There's never been any doubt that James was commercial, as they say, but this time that's a plus--when he's not rocking, which is mostly, he even comes up with some dynamite love-man bullshit. And the street simulations are convincing enough. But I still want to know whether "The kind of girl you read about/In new-wave magazines" is "kinky" after the manner of the one in "Ghetto Life" who has "pigtails down to her shoulders." 'Cause with her, it may just be the hair. A-

Throwin' Down [Gordy, 1982]

I was so sure that Rick James didn't even want to top Street Songs--might give his fans the wrong idea and he'd have to actually work for a living. Hence there's nothing on here as epochal as "Super Freak". But the fast ones are such bad fun, and he's the nearest thing to a pop musician in the rock and roll sense that today's black charts (as well as today's white charts) has to offer. And in that great tradition, he should never sing a ballad again. B+
>>
Cold-Blooded [Gordy, 1983]

As his head continues to expand, tricks that once seemed expedient now become a necessity. Teena Marie and the latter-day Tempts he could keep up with, but Smokey Robinson shows him up hard, not to mention the absurdity of "P.I.M.P. T.H.E. S.I.M.P." This is not a man who should criticize his peers for dressing funny. B-

Glow [Gordy, 1985]

Rick James was never Mr. IQ to begin with, but this record is an embarrassment. All of which makes his continuing failure to conquer MTV a mystery, since between his fop coiffure, one-dimensional beat, and relentless sexual self-aggrandizement, that's clearly where he belongs alongside Billy Idol, but hey, what's a little grease among professionals? C-

Flag [Gordy, 1986]

I generally ignore charges that political content is commercially motivated, but with James I buy 'em. The real Rick James was the moist romantic fop of Glow, and when his self-expression didn't get off, he churned out some lines at the Rock, honing his craft by-the-by. C

Wonderful [Reprise, 1988]

Freed at last from Mr. Gordy's plantation, James gives up that begged, borrowed, or stolen funk, the highlight being "Loosey's Rap". But he still can't resist ballads, a big mistake for a guy who spells "l-u-v" as "c-u-m". Docked a notch for peeping as the girls go down, and then for suggesting that a devil lesbian go straight by reaching into his trousers and fishing out his dick. C+
>>
I never could get into Rick James because his voice annoys me.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.