[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are you predicting the future of Hip Hop will be?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_2870.jpg (35KB, 600x448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2870.jpg
35KB, 600x448px
In my opinion. It's evolving kind of like how Rock was.
But I want to know what you all think.
>>
I think trap is going to either morph into its own whiter genre separate from hip hop or it's going to die out in the next 5 years and be replaced by minimalist post-trap stuff with a heavier emphasis on melody rather than rapping
>>
We are in the proto punk phase - annoying, mindless testosterone fueled music dominates the charts (trap and hard rock) alongside cheesy pop (neo soul and AOR).
>>
It'll literaly be dead in less than 5 years tops
>>
>>74928445
Jake Paul type shit. Rich kid vloggers come in already with huge fanbases and labels love that because it's nice and safe. Jake Paul is the new face of hip-hop
>>
its gonna continue being just as shit as it has always been
>>
I think we're not going to be able to quote pinpoint what's gonna happen next, but I think someone's going to burst on to the scene in the next couple of years with a game changing style who knows what it'll be tho
>>
>>74928611
Kanye West
>>
>>74928648
he definetly did that for the 2000s but I don't think he's gonna do it again
>>
>>74928445
Kanye will release a 3 hour post hip hop album then kill himself. The album will contain different combinations of genres with hip hop. This will save the genre by creating so many new categories of rap, expanding the lifespan of hip hop a good fifty years.
>>
>>74928445
The future lies in the hands of Kanye West, he's the only person big enough in hip-hop to have an impact along with the only one who wants to experiment with the genre as a whole. As soon as Kanye drops TG16, a swarm of underground rappers will steal his style and we'll see a rap renaissance
>>
>>74928665
>doubting Yeezy

This will be your undoing.
>>
>>74928665
He changed the game two (debatably three) times.
What >>74928675
For being a new artist. He already has a legacy. And is still making music with every album being hyped to hell.
>>
>>74928509
Didn’t this happen already???
>>
>>74928513
We are in the pop punk phase actuallly transitioning to emo
>>
>>74928693
he ain't shit
>>
>>74928809
>he hasn't taken the yeezypill yet
what are you waiting for
>>
>>74928875
nuclear war why?
>>
>>74928789
for sure, uzi is scene af, trippie redd is emo, so is peep n tracy, gbc etc
>>
>>74928533
People were saying this five years ago.
>>
>>74928671
that would be insane. I want Yeezy to do his own version of the White Album (Beatles) and split himself into four separate entities and lock himself in a room deliberately focussing on various styles of hip hop and rap.
>>
>>74928445
rap started in its punk phase. whats happenning right now is nu metal. in the next 10 years hip hop will die and be replaced by some other TBD genre while the lofi hip hop bullshit remains somewhat popular among indie teens obsessed with alternativity
>>
>>74928985
>>74928533
I think rap still has a while left in the mainstream. As long as the popular artists stay fairly young it'll be popular among teenagers. You could tell rock was aging out when guys like Phil Collins were the popular artists and I think it's gonna be a while before we see that in hip hop
>>
>>74928445
Hip hop is going to splinter a lot.
There'll be the X/Peep emo rap kids, there'll be a full-scale revival of 80's/90's gangster rap (west coast revival is already being planted), there'll be some really artsy post-rap, a lot more poppy influences will go into rap, and cloud rap will be a big thing. There's going to be a new big white rapper but he won't be emo. Emo rap will be dominated by white people though, and we'll look at it like we look at nu metal now. Waverap (chillwave beats and hip hop verses) will be big in the next 5 years, calling this rn.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.