[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Say something nice about Slipknot

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 7

Say something nice about Slipknot
>>
Their early stuff is surprisingly less cringy than their newer material.
>>
>>74925085
vol.3 is a great album
>>
>>74925085
wait and bleed and disasterpiece are bangers desu
>>
>>74925149
do you like Spit it out and No life?
>>
self titled is p good. great lifting music
>>
I DID MY TIME
AND I WANT OUT
>>
>>74925186
are you built or what bro
>>
>>74925233
ha no, just started. i've noticed some growth in my traps, which is good because my shoulders are so dam narrow. I just wish i could deadlift or squat to boost my test more
>>
They're pretty great if you ignore most of The Gray Chapter.
>>
>>74925262
what do you dead lift then bro
what's your regime
>>
>>74925262
fat girls and skinny faggots deadlift
>>
iowa is uniquely a great album from start to finish. the lyrics are lame but who listens to lyrics when it comes to metal. unlike the first album it's got less dumb rap shit and more straight up death metal sounds. which i love.
and then vol. 3 is a lot more melodic and three nil is legit one of the best metal songs i know.
the rest is trash.
>>
>>74925085
Self-titled and Iowa are both pretty great and Vol. 3 is decent.
>>74925263
And most of All Hope is Gone
>>
Spit it out's good
>>
>>74925085
I like how heavy "all hope is gone" is
>>
>>74925539
>the rest is trash.
stopped reading right there
>>
>>74925641
well that's good since that was the end of my statement.
>>
>>74925539
no idea why three nil isnt a staple of the live shows
>>
Slipknot hail from Iowa and play what is fundamentally death-metal, but they do so with two novel ideas: they are a large ensemble, not the stereotypical quartet, and they wear horror costumes. Thus Slipknot (Roadrunner, 1999) leverages turntables, samples and percussions, not just guitars, to achieve maximum ferocity, in a manner that makes Slayer and Sepultura pale.
The music is excessive and furious, with frequent changes of pace, and a wealth of sonic detours. The grotesque panzer dance of Sic lets the vocalist scream his vulgar outrage over tribal drums and mad guitars. A similar farcical posture, conjuring images of a witches cancan, underlies Surfacing, while the turntables hark back to the industrial devastation of Cop Shoot Cop. The limping pace and the agonizing guitar riffs of Eyel E SS sound like a vaudeville sketch in hell. The epic rap of Spit It Out indulges in wild dynamics, for example repeating the refrain in two completely opposite tones, that demonstrate the difference with, say, Kid Rock. This style that straddles the line between tragic and comic reveals its desperate face in Liberate, not a song but an act of vomiting, and No Life, not a song but a schizophrenic duet between an evil and a wise selves.
In the middle of this uncontrolled havoc, the bands suddenly turns into Nirvana copycats with the relatively catchy refrain of Wait And Bleed, while Tattered And Torn is an avantgarde piece masquerading as a personal exorcism. And the album closes with the total chaos of Scissors (nine minute), a Freudian descent into a damned soul. There is enough variety to engage the listener in a re-examination of her metal stereotypes.
>>
I appreciate that they made the song Wait and Bleed. It sounds nice.
>>
>>74925575
This. Early Slipknot's drumming was really good, and I think Corey Taylor was a talented vocalist. But AHIG was radiometal and super generic/boring. Grey Chapter I'm willing to forgive, because even if it wasn't as heavy, it at least had flavor. I'd argue it was as good as vol. 3.
>>
>>74925641
You're an idiot lol
>>
>>74925960
>Grey Chapter I'm willing to forgive, because even if it wasn't as heavy, it at least had flavor.
>I'd argue it was as good as vol. 3.
No.
>>
>>74926005
Oh.
>>
>>74925085
They literally made a patrician Swans track
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9PF09URHdQ
>>
INSIDE MICHELLE
>>
>>74925960
Sarcastrophe, AOV, and The Negative One were the only good tracks on The Gray Chapter imo.
>>
>>74925675
>fundamentally death-metal
wat
>>
File: james_murphy_coffee_640_410_90.jpg (64KB, 640x410px) Image search: [Google]
james_murphy_coffee_640_410_90.jpg
64KB, 640x410px
I don't have to listen to them
>>
Their costumes are legitimately spooky.
>>
>>74925085
the best nu metal band
doesn't say much but take it as you will
>>
My ass is on fire
>>
>>74925085
truly unique band
impressive and detailed songwriting and production from s/t to Subliminal Verses
>>
It was cool before they tried to be linkin park
>>
>>74925960
iowa > vol 3 (((((power gap))))) all hope is gone/slipknot/grey chapter
>>
One of my favorite bands t b h.
>>
>>74926225
I though the best ones were SOAD and Deftones?
>>
>>74926681
those bands are alternative metal. nbu metal has rapping in it.
>>
>>74926099
I liked if Rain is What You Want.
>>
>>74925085
The Nameless off of 9.0: Live is far superior to the album version.
>>
>>74926640
Oh come on, that's gotta be bait. >>74926783
Deftones' early work had rapping in it. >>74926681
I would argue both of those, and KoRn all bring something to the table, and are good contenders for that title that nobody actually wants. Imo: Slipknot was the most mainstream. SoaD had the most consistency of quality. Deftones aged the best. And KoRn stayed true to the genre for the longest, had the strongest debut album, and were probably the most experimental for their time.
>>
>>74925085
Listen to them every time I go to the gym
>>
>>74926948
I fucked the formatting of that up. My bad.
>>
>>74925085
they are fun to see live
>>
>>74926997
I saw them about 9 years ago and they did that zero bullshit thing. Was fun.
>>
>>74926660
what do you like about them
>>
>>74926948
deftones first album was a korn knock off and everythnig after it is alt metal
>>
>>74926948
>KoRn stayed true to the genre for the longest
As long as we disregard the Skrillex collab album maybe.
>>
>>74925085

self-titled is a good nu-metal album (if there's such a thing)
>>
File: bobbeh.jpg (32KB, 615x456px) Image search: [Google]
bobbeh.jpg
32KB, 615x456px
>mfw people don't filter tripfags
>mfw people actively engage in coversation with tripfags
>>
Iowa possesses the emotional equivalent of lightning in a bottle.
>>
>>74926681
>>74926948
Early Incubus is the best nu metal band dummies
>>
Corey Taylor is one of the best metal vocalists ever. That's all I can think of really.
>>
Scissors is a neat song. Only because Corey Taylor sounds genuinely insane towards the end but still.
>>
I PUSH MY FINGERS INTO MY!!
>>
File: IMG_0441.jpg (39KB, 385x382px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0441.jpg
39KB, 385x382px
The Gray Chapter, is a good album. Theyre a meme band with too many members but you cant deny they have talent.
>>
>>74927185
Heavy, catchy and relatable.
>>
Slipknot is a good band desu
>>
>>74926681
They are
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-09-03-00-27-17.png (624KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-09-03-00-27-17.png
624KB, 720x1280px
This is my favorite song from them atm, King Song is 742617000027 paired with (Sic). Also I find the lyrics of (sic) to be deep cause at the end when they chant "You can't kill me, 'cause I'm all ready inside you... (Sic)!) Due to the definition of (sic), as it was originally, it means it's been inside you since birth.
>>
>>74925675
>no mention of Prosthetics
That aside, can't get enough of them.
The "fuck you" at the start of Interloper gets me chuckling every time.
>>
>>74925085
Eyeless is their best song and Self Titled is best album.
>>
Spit it out is bretty gud
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.