[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you know whether jazz is good or not?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: maxresdefault.jpg (54KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
54KB, 1280x720px
How do you know whether jazz is good or not?
>>
>>74914951
it's all bad
>>
>>74914976
but how do you know
>>
>>74914991
Zero emotional intelligence

Essentially elevator music. The equivalent of a rococo painting
>>
>>74915083
You're not even trying.
>>
>>74914976
>>74915083
OP, these guys are trolls

The truth is, if you have no technical knowledge of jazz, you can't really appreciate the complexities of jazz the same as other jazz musicians.

This doesn't mean that you can't enjoy jazz though. I suggest you just listen to whatever you think sounds good and then you'll get the most enjoyment out of it.

If you want, I can list some different jazz albums in different styles for you to check out and then you can decide which kind of jazz you want to listen to more of.

Hopefully this helps :)
>>
>>74915131
Good music doesn't need "understanding" you fucking corporate babble moron. You're just further proving jazz has no value besides it's technicality, i.e. a rococo painting.
>>
the worse it sounds, the better it is.
>>
>>74915160
>corporate
>Good music doesn't need "understanding"
I guess all those top 40 acts and boy bands were good after all.
>>
File: The_Stolen_Kiss.jpg (110KB, 950x793px) Image search: [Google]
The_Stolen_Kiss.jpg
110KB, 950x793px
>>74915160
What have you got against the rococo? What's your preferred painting era?
>>
>>74915160
I wasn't saying you can't enjoy it, but you can't appreciate bop the same way. You have no idea what you're talking about
>>
>>74914951
these people are all full of shit. if it makes you feel something the same way looking at a painting you love does then it is probably good jazz. jazz is expressionist by nature because of the improvisation so judging jazz the same way you would pollock or rothco is an okay start. you dont need to know theory or have context, just if it makes you feel good then it is good.
>>
ITT: plebs, especially >>74915163
>>
It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that swing
>>
File: yuh.jpg (21KB, 300x269px) Image search: [Google]
yuh.jpg
21KB, 300x269px
Can anybody set me up with albums with the same absolutely fucking non-experimental basic ass feel as this gem
I'm talking about playing something during dinner for people who wear socks and sandals and listen to C-span
>>
>>74915131
How do you start learning technical knowledge of jazz?
>>
>>74915741
by listening and really paying attention to a lot of jazz and how the players interact with each other and how the songs are structured
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.