[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MY SMILE IS STUCK I CANNOT GO BACK TO YOUR FROWNLAND

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: Trout Mask Replica.png (159KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Trout Mask Replica.png
159KB, 300x300px
MY SMILE IS STUCK
I CANNOT GO BACK TO YOUR FROWNLAND
>>
Protip: Captain Beefheart was a schizo asshole who beat the shit out of his band mates to make an album that sounded like it was made by people who don't play instruments

>"In preparation, the group rehearsed Van Vliet's difficult compositions for eight months, living communally in a small rented house in the Woodland Hills suburb of Los Angeles. Van Vliet implemented his vision by asserting complete artistic and emotional domination of his musicians. At various times one or another of the group members was put "in the barrel", with Van Vliet berating him continually, sometimes for days, until the musician collapsed in tears or in total submission to Van Vliet. According to John French and Bill Harkleroad these sessions often included physical violence. French described the situation as "cultlike" and a visiting friend said "the environment in that house was positively Manson-esque." Their material circumstances also were dire. With no income other than welfare and contributions from relatives, the group survived on a bare subsistence diet. French recounted living on no more than a small cup of soybeans a day for a month and at one point band members were arrested for shoplifting food (with Zappa bailing them out). A visitor described their appearance as "cadaverous" and said that "they all looked in poor health". Band members were restricted from leaving the house and practiced for 14 or more hours a day. Vliet once told drummer John French he had been diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia and thus he would see nonexistent conspiracies that explained this behaviour"
>>
IT'S THE BLIMP IT'S THE BLIMP FRANK
>>
>>74915494
Just decadent
That's right!
The mascara snake
Fast and bulbous
Tight also
>>
>>74915456
It's impossible not to be some level of schizophrenic in post industrial society.
>>
>>74915552
>tfw you will never beat up your bandmates, lock them in a house and make a crazy album
>>
>>74915576
actually i could, but i won't
>>
>>74915576
Reminder that the psychoanalyst would have everyone walking along in a straight line if he could muster it.
>>
>>74915456
Mfw when it resulted in a fucking awesome album
>>
WHERE A MAN CAN STAND
BY ANOTHER MAN
WITHOUT AN EGO FLYING
AND NO MAN LYING
AND NO ONE DYING BY AN EARTHLY HAND
>>
>>74915610
Imagine if other bands locked their members in houses and beat the shit out of them
>>
File: 1453784276085.gif (2MB, 400x267px) Image search: [Google]
1453784276085.gif
2MB, 400x267px
>ywn be a crazy obsessive locked in a house experimenting and making music
>>
His later music was pretty decent too
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkzC8RYT1vY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liF8a4caFc8
>>
File: Fall.jpg (57KB, 600x434px) Image search: [Google]
Fall.jpg
57KB, 600x434px
>>74915456
Why is it that whenever a dictatorial figurehead of a band abuses his bandmates it results in good music?
>>
Did it really surprise anyone else when they found out that Moonchild was written by David Gates from Bread?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.