[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>he hasn't sampled everything on the Nurse With Wound List

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: jej.jpg (2MB, 1500x1471px) Image search: [Google]
jej.jpg
2MB, 1500x1471px
>he hasn't sampled everything on the Nurse With Wound List
>>
but half of the list is shit
>>
>>74909393
Life is too short to waste time on poseurcore shit for the sake of impressing a bunch of losers on a Nepalese tire enthusiasts' chatroom.
>>
The fact that they were able to find all this shit back then shows how privileged these guys were. With all this privilege, they were exposed to such a wide variety of music that very few people around that time would've had access to. In a way this gives them a head start on understanding, appreciating, and making music on the overwhelming majority of others trying to do the same thing. What do they make from having this advantage? Among the most boring, repetitive takes on musique concrete, sound collage, drone, and noise out there.
>>
>>74909423
Well said, anon
>>
File: jej.jpg (186KB, 600x394px) Image search: [Google]
jej.jpg
186KB, 600x394px
>Anons are furthermore also not aware that the image of the list with its central gash and the rectilinear logic of its lettering, bears a (purely coincidental yet fun to notice) striking resemblance to the initial impact hole on the North Tower

>>74909423

Yes. Finding and actually listening to and being aware of weird stuff back in the 70s required actual effort and legwork.
>>
Is the album even good
>>
>>74909568
Yeah
>>
>>74909568

If you're referring to the debut NWW album with which the list was included, it depends on your taste. I like it fine but much better stuff came later. The first album is just raw and weird and three guys jamming and fucking around. Production techniques did improve sharply on the next few albums - I especially like Merzbild Schwet and Homotopy to Marie.

Describing the three selections in reverse order...
The long track (the final one) maintains an eerie atmosphere throughout, and is a bit childish, but never really bores. They're basically jumping from sound-maker to sound-maker and jamming weirdness. The second "loud" track is a bit of a chore at first but there's a sort of catharsis-bit in the middle where things get really loud and this unearthly scream comes in at moderate-high volume and goes all crazy, sounds like some voodoo, though the track does come in for a landing of sorts. The weak one is probably the short opener which is again atonal and slightly weird, something you might hear on a Can album, but with more conventional rock instrumentation just doing atonal stuff but with discernable and recognizable rock language and pitches and timbres.
>>
>>74909568
its too stripped down but it's ok
>>
>>74909422
>life is too short to try new things
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.