[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any of you know about artists that go on extended grooves or

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 40 watt sun.jpg (49KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
40 watt sun.jpg
49KB, 500x500px
Any of you know about artists that go on extended grooves or jams, no soloing just playing extended vamps on four or so chords, for minutes on end preferably?

I'm digging these guys for that reason. They sound like they're playing live, they've got a really melodic bent to them, I like the guitarist's phrasing. I'd love to check out more bands with any of those attributes.
>>
>>74908491
Another band that matches this general description is Earth.
>>
File: gloomy adonis.png (20KB, 1106x1012px) Image search: [Google]
gloomy adonis.png
20KB, 1106x1012px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrPPF6gzMJ0
>>
Gottsching
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtRHvIpBiws
>>
>>74908491
Have you tried the work of Roy Montgomery
>>
>>74908816
Not feeling it at the moment, it needs a bit more groove, a little too out there. I dig the production though so I'll give this one a try later

>>74908904
This is more along the lines of what I'm looking for. I'm digging this

>>74908832
I love Ashra's first album and it's exactly the kind of stuff I'm looking for. What are some other albums of his that are in that same vein?

>>74908907
I have not, what songs/albums would you recommend?
>>
>>74909010
Early water with Hoenig and Gottschring. 50:00 jam session with Hoenig on sequencers and Gott on guitar

Harmonic Ascendent
New Music for Cathedrals
Transfer Station Blue
French Skyline

... so what exactly do you want? Because repetitive melodies is pretty Berlin school like

If you want something more contemporary maybe the continuing story of counterpoint? It's three hours of the same sort of them played slightly differently. My 2nd favorite album(s) of all time
>>
>>74909010
Well Oiled by Harsh Jar Tempo
>>
check out the groove that get's started around 1m40s in here and then tranformed over the course of the song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWVc3mnbHzQ&t=100
>>
>>74908491
Spacemen 3 and its offshots
Skullflower
Loop to a certain extent

Hope ya like noisy guitars and droney psychedelia
>>
>>74908491
Not extended in the sense that songs last 10 minutes and over, but Holy Fuck does this rather well. Variations on a chord progression or someting
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.