[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>A lot of people at my school could play Keith Emerson synth

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

>A lot of people at my school could play Keith Emerson synth solos, but they couldn’t play the three note arpeggios of a Klaus Schulze song if their life depended on it because they didn't have the strength or ability to do it. But all I did was practice that, and the style that I eventually fell into is more focused than people would actually imagine.
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>74907418
Never heard of this guy, but TD/Schulz were using sequencers from 1974 onwards. Who the heck plays it by hand? That's RSI territory.
>>
>>74907418
NOW YOURE PLAYING WITH POWER
>>
lol hes so pretentious
>>
lol dude deliberately missing the point of that Kevin Shields quote just so you can meme it
it takes like endurance and full body engagement to strum like Joey Ramone. it's a big motion that you have to do very fast and relentlessly. Ramone was also known to exclusively employ downstrokes, which means he moves twice as quickly as your average open chord folkie at similar tempos. Jimmy Page is amazing, but he never played in such a physically demanding way, even if he might have moved his fingers around the fingerboard more, he used a lot of legato on very light strings and played rhythm in a relaxed manner much of the time.
>>
>>74910470
This better be ironic. If you honestly believe playing power chords on a guitar is physically demanding, you're beyond saving. Not to mention that you're taking an unfunny forced meme seriously.
>>
Classical/jazz guitar is much harder to play than any fucking rock guitar.
>>
>>74910975
The way Johnny Ramone played them IS physically demanding.
>>
Page played pentatonic riffs and standard blues rock solos, there wasn't anything special about his style of playing.
>>
>>74910975
...what?
>>
>>74910975
Disclaimer: not that guy.

The physically demanding part is more on the rhythm, he could be just strumming without anything in particular - it's really on the speed and rhythm which is hard to keep up, especially for how long they played with barely any breaks (listen to It's Alive, which pretty much encapsulates everything that made the Ramones somewhat worthy).

And yeah, I kinda get it's a forced, unfunny meme, much like "emotionally dishonest" or "Jesus Christ this album is shit". But honestly, the guy just wants (You)s.
>>
Take for example Stevie Ray Vaughn. His stuff doesn't sound that technical, but he played _really_ aggressively with heavy strings. Had he lived longer, he would have really fucked up his hands.
>>
Page did have a very light touch, you can tell from his guitar tone that he never bashed the strings in like some players.
>>
>>74907418
I'm spitballin' here but I think he's questioning what people see as good musicianship.

People praise Clapton's solos but not post-punk riffs. So there's a whole lot of guitar players out there copying Clapton while ignoring the ingenuity of Fugazi or The Smiths.
>>
>>74911356
FWIW, Korn did some very creative things with their guitars as well but they never get the same level of appreciation as blues wankery guitarists.
>>
>>74911379
>>74911356
That's just because normies/dadrockers like Clapton while post-punk and industrial is too inaccessible to most people.
>>
Clapton is great live but his studio stuff is like drinking a shot of Nyquil.
>>
>>74910975
Do it with full barre chords and without a high gain amp for an hour or 2 non stop and tell me it's easy.
>>
>>74910975
Anon, your pleb is showing.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.