[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Holy shit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: R-74260-1227014818.jpeg.jpg (186KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
R-74260-1227014818.jpeg.jpg
186KB, 600x600px
Holy shit
>>
Yeah, I didn't expect it to be that boring.
>>
>>74906425

yeah it's pretty annoying but the autistic fucks on this board are usually pretty spot on with the /mu/core albums, you need to be in the right mood but all of them are pretty fucking good when they hit.
>>
emotionally
>>
>>74906425
It's great.
>>
dishonest
>>
>>74906425
My favorite songs have old men crying in them.
>>
>>74906551
What can I even say about Godspeed You Black Emperor? Their music is obviously reverse engineered to tug at certain emotions. "Let's make a 14 minute song that will make you feel sad and then exultant".
Give me a fucking break. When Slint or prog rock bands before them composed long songs it was with songwriting and honesty behind them. There were slips and falls and imperfections, but that's what made them great.
Godspeed is focus group, carefully marketed meme material for people who need to be told how to think and feel. Each song practically screams a specific reaction, each one coincidentally beginning with "Dude this song is totally ____".
People who like this band have never heard a good song before. They only know what it's like to have their professors tell them what to think or have their Facebook feed shovel garbage into their head. They are herd animals, children, robots. Count me out. I prefer to have music that explores what someone is feeling without running it by a marketer to determine how profitable it will be first.
>>
>>74907152
I unironically agree with this
>>
>>74906425
I saw them play last year and it was pretty shit.
>>
>>74906425
emotionally dishonest music

fuck OFF
>>
I really like F#A#oo

Nothing that album feels formulaic, nothing sounds uninspired, and most of all, there is not a boring moment on the album.

Unfortunately, I get none of those things on LYSF but maybe that's just me
>>
>>74907152
>People who like this band have never heard a good song before. They only know what it's like to have their professors tell them what to think or have their Facebook feed shovel garbage into their head. They are herd animals, children, robots. Count me out.

pretty in depth bait but holy shit this is some try hard retarded contrarian shit.
>>
>>74907152
I am so glad I am not as """"woke"""" as you.
>>
>>74907326
not an argument
>>74907152
agreed
>>
>>74907595
>Their music is obviously reverse engineered to tug at certain emotions.
What does this even mean? There are countless songs by different bands who use the same formula of "sad to exultant" that have never been seen as that. Its a common structure used in music. The only argument here, in short, is that there isn't any singing. Like any other band, if you don't like the shit then why even focus so much on it? And the whole last part of that is just some projecting to make people feel bad for liking something the former doesn't. for what?

Still, like I said before this is probably just bait. Hope it is.
>>
>>74907152
You seem like a fun person to be around
>>
>>74907152
underrated pasta
>>
>Stick my finger in the babys eye
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.