[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What am I missing here? Ys is probably my favourite album but

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: homm.jpg (109KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
homm.jpg
109KB, 600x600px
What am I missing here? Ys is probably my favourite album but this feels so shallow in comparison.
>>
>>74904602
I think it combines the intimacy of The Milk Eyed Mender with the complex structures of Ys to create a moving album.
>>
>>74904602
I have literally just finished listening to it for the first time. Loved it. It can be more daunting than her previous works, but you can't say it's shallow
>>
It's more conventional, restrained and personal which is probably what you're picking up on, but I wouldn't call that "shallow". I don't know what to say other than just spend more time with the songs. As much as I love and admire Ys, parts of it just feel like Joanna showing off (which isn't a huge criticism, the fact that she can even "show off" through songwriting shows how adept she is at it) while everything on Have One On Me is purposed and dripping with sincerity.

At the risk of sounding like some corny tumblr post, Ys wows me with its grandeur, HOOM devastates me with its heart.
>>
>74904602
I find the highs on have one on me to just be higher than those on Ys. Songs like Baby Birch, In california and Kingfisher blow me away every time. Although some of the songs are definitely slower, such as you and me bess and most of disc 3, these grew on me alot, when they did I think that was when I started liking HOOM more than Ys.

What were your favorite songs from the album OP?
>>
>>74904602
It's definitely not shallow. I think >74904710 and >74905114 make some good points. Ys is a masterpiece but I prefer HOOM and Divers. Each album is better than the last in my opinion.
>>
>What am I missing here?
Taste
>>
>She's married to Andy Samberg

huh, no shit
>>
Garbage retarded babby voice and some decent arrangement.
Musical vomit.
>>
>>74904710
Very well put.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.