[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

About the love for Yeezus.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: serveimage.jpg (189KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
189KB, 1024x1024px
I've noticed that a lot of you /mu/tants love Kanye's Yeezus, why is that? I mean, it's not the worst thing Kanye has done, but it is pretty bad.
>>
>>74903082
i think it's pretty solid, wish the lyrics weren't so shit tho
>>
>>74903082
Yeezus is a meme.
>>
There's just nothing like it and some songs make you go crazy.
>>
Only album by Kanye I find decent
>>
I'ma let you finish
>>
File: tumblr_mvz2ckiu2I1s5ojq6o1_500.jpg (88KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mvz2ckiu2I1s5ojq6o1_500.jpg
88KB, 500x750px
Yeezus can only truly be understood if you experienced it live. Plebs missed out.
>>
>>74903575
True patrician never leaves home.
>>
>>74903575
fuck I still regret missing this tour
>>
>>74903082
i like how he takes the music industry so seriously
>i like him ironically

the Yeezus album is not great but not bad.
he made a good example of entrylevel experimental hiphop. love the industrial loops.
>>74903575
seen it.
>>
It's really good. Every song is so theatrical. There is a lot odlf structure here. Lots of ideas are packed in to a single song. It's majestic and well orchestrated, the way all the parts fit in the song Slaves is my favorite song on the album. The end coda is one of the best Kanye moments. Most of all it's a good workout album.
Yeah among Kanye's album it's the black sheep.He has a lot of better albums. The ranking for me probably goes MBDTF>College Dropout>Late Registration>Yeezus>TLOP>Graduation>808s
>>
It was a failed attempt at experimental music. Imo, imo.
>>
>>74903082
I don't, it's full of gimmicks, i feel it's too generous to say it has at max 3 good songs
>>
>>74903082
http://www.talkhouse.com/lou-reed-of-the-velvet-underground-talks-kanye-wests-yeezus/

Lou hits the nail on the head mostly.

If MBDTF was about anything, it was a combination of an apology and declaration of complete consciousness.

Yeezus, literally as the title suggests, compares yeezy to Jesus. Presumably, Kanye thought that, like Jesus, would be rejected by the masses as soon as he spoke his mind and eventually embraced after his 'crucifixion'.

The neat thing about the album is the change of emotional perspective from its predecessor. The hate, the disrespect, the ignorance is all very intentional (the only fault the album have might be how obvious this idea is, "how much do I not give a fuck, lemme show you right now 'fore you give it up).
>>
It singlehandedly changed the way hip-hop sounded like from 2013 to the present.
>>
>>74903082
It's my favorite kanye album, and I think even his worst album, graduation, is still a 7.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.