[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mono or stereo?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0984.jpg (363KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0984.jpg
363KB, 1000x1000px
Mono or stereo?
>>
>>74896335
stereo makes it easier to pick out individual bricks that made up this masterpiece and is more pleasurable on headphones, so going for stereo
>>
>>74896358
I find stereo to sound cluttered at times, might be because I listened to mono a lot first
>>
>>74896358
This, mono just sounds like a big mush
>>
>>74896335
Stereo sounds great. The space really helps in appreciating how good the arrangements are.
>>
>>74896335
Both.
Mono for vinyl, as if you want the closest to the original sound. Wilson was deaf in one ear so he intentionally made his songs in mono.
Stereo for regular listening.
>>
my old mono vinyl copy is fucking trashed, I don't know
>>
Mono, it isn't even close
>>
>>74896525
WRONG
>>
Stero is better in every way
The only way you can ever justify buying it is if that was the original pressing/or you want it to be more accurate to how it used to Sound (so you want it to sound shitty
>>
>>74896536
>>74896579
>>74896407
>>74896395
>>74896358
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wall_of_Sound
>>
>>74896335
this is one of the very few 60s albums that has a good stereo mix
>>
>>74896614
I hate the Spector's production sound, and Wilson's version of it is not much better sounding for me. I don't care about the creator's intent, I'll choose what sounds better (clearer) to me - stereo.
>>
mono

brian wilson was deaf in one ear
>>
keep in mind that the stereo mix was assembled in, what, the mid-'90s or something? like 30 years after the original release
>>
Mono tends to be for tryhard losers. Like those kids I knew back in school who could play the "Stairway to Heaven" guitar solo but couldn't play three chords of a Ramones song if their life depended on it because they didn't have the strength or ability to do it
>>
Mono if you want to experience it as it was meant, Stereo if you want clarity and distinction in the arrangements
>>
>>74896719
this is a good meme
>>
>>74896719
i love you kevin
>>
Mono if you have any sense and have read at least one wikipedia article worth of information in your life, stereo if you're a dumb fucking retard /mu/tant with the taste of a high school valley girl.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.