[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Beastie Boys are the best thing to come out of the hip-hop genre.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: Beastie Boys.jpg (1MB, 4475x3343px) Image search: [Google]
Beastie Boys.jpg
1MB, 4475x3343px
The Beastie Boys are the best thing to come out of the hip-hop genre.
>>
Far from it.
>>
>>74895052
Prove me wrong
>>
>>74895026
>>>/pol/
>>
>>74895065
>liking the beastie boys is now /pol/
>>
>>74895065
Racist
>>
>>74895064
Alright, off the top of my head here are some projects that are better than the Beastie Boys:

Public Enemy - Apocalypse 91
Digable Planets - Reachin'
Raekwon - Only Built 4 Cuban Linx (or anything Wu-Related really)
Jay Z - Reasonable Doubt
Camp Lo - Uptown Saturday Night
Anything by Common
Madvillany
Little Brother - The Minstrel Show
Isaiah Rashad - The Suns Tirade
>>
File: MUDD13.jpg (89KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
MUDD13.jpg
89KB, 600x600px
The Only Beastie Boys one needs is Pollywog Stew or Some Old Bullshit!
>>
>>74895130
>Madvillsny
lol
>>
>>74895158
Wow, you said 'lol', that'll discredit the album!

And even if you do hate that album I listed 8 others.
>>
>>74895026
They're good but I prefer quite a few hip hop artist to them.
Kanye West
Outkast
Nas
A tribe called quest
Mobb Deep
>>
>>74895026
Definitely one of the best I'll give you that. Name another rap artist/group that released five great albums in row. Kanye? Beyond that it gets difficult
>>
>>74895227
Parroting another anon I'll add Outkast to this, but I think that's it
>>
>>74895227
I unironically think Danny Brown is on the right track to do that
>>
>>74895227
DOOM.

O.D., Geeorah, Viktor Vaughn, Madvillainy, MM FOOD.
>>
File: 1489070236141.jpg (195KB, 798x770px) Image search: [Google]
1489070236141.jpg
195KB, 798x770px
>>74895065

>three good Jewish boys triggering you this much.
>>
Licensed to Ill is the fucking GOAT.
>>
>>74895026
Death grips. шaх и мaт
>>
>>74895181
with absolutely no reason for why they're better, your argument is just a longer version of lol
>>
>>74895026
>start out as a shitty punk band
>make a novelty rap album based on the fact that none of them can rap
>put out one decent album that's decent because other people made their beats for them
>go back to shitty gimmicks, bad experimentation, hard rock cliches, really annoying reddit-tier yelling
>it gets a pass because "it's all ironic brah xD"

What's your excuse for listening to this band in 2017?
>>
>>74895637
that the music is actually good
>>
>>74895637
All of them can rap
>>
>>74895681
how retarded are you
>>
What about the Jew-Tang Clan? Hard as fuck.
>>
>>74895026
Paul's Boutique seems to be their only truly worthwhile cohesive album experience.
A Tribe Called Quest, OutKast, and Public Enemy are the most consistent hip-hop groups.
The issue with the genre is all the one-album wonders like GZA, Nas, and Wu-Tang Clan.
That's why Kanye and Kendrick get so praised, because their discography is more consistent, accessible, and has major crossover appeal.
>>
>>74896981
idk there's a lot of people who would at least consider licensed to ill and check your head classics.

i'm not much of a fan of licensed to ill myself but they definitely have their place
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.