[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

so what's the story?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: The_Glow_Pt._2_(Front_Cover).png (165KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
The_Glow_Pt._2_(Front_Cover).png
165KB, 300x300px
so what's the story?
>>
>wahhhhh im a depressed neo-male now let me make a whiny bloated lo-fi album and call it experimental to stroke my ego
>>
The 'story' is similar to Hospice by The Antlers in the respect that it's really about a breakup but told THROUGH the comparison to an experience.

Hospice is a breakup told symbolically through the story of a cancer patient and his/her caregiver.
The Glow pt 2 is a break up told symbolically through the idea of getting lost in the woods and freezing to death overnight.
>>
>>74889320
>>neo-male
epic fail
>>
>>74889320
I dunno but it sure is comfy.
>>
It's really a break-up concept album but used via an analogy. Main character goes camping and dies in a forest or something.
The 'story' part is super subtle and not exactly apparent.
>>
>>74889388
The Glow PT 2, AIA: Alien Observer and Giles Corey are the only albums I can think of that are both comfy + sad simultaneously.
It's a hard feel to pull off successfully.
>>
op here. i should elaborate. i need a song by song break down.
>>
>>74889423
>Giles Corey
Gotta disagree w/ that one. That album makes me wanna kill myself. Too sad to be comfy.
Grouper however is super comfy as well.
>>
>>74889451
watch the bald melon's review of the album
he mentions it there
>>
>>74889458
Idk, I think The Haunting Presence is really dark and intense but the rest of it is just melancholic.
Lyrics are horrifically dark but instrumentally it's really pleasant. Tracks like Blackest Bile, A Sleeping Heart and Spectral Bride are great examples
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.