[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did I start with the right Fleet Foxes album?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

Did I start with the right Fleet Foxes album?
>>
Yes, the best one. Although, Crack-Up is trash but the self-titled is pretty good.
>>
>>74889319
what didn't you like about crack-up?
>>
>>74889319
>crack up trash
Nice meme opinion retard.
>>
>>74889325
its execution. the songs the frontman performed live when he opened for Joanna Newsom sounded fine. the execution is just all over the place imo. the opener to the album is a perfect example. it tries to accompany three parts but just ends up sounding goofy and tryhard. at least to me.
>>
>>74889359
No meme at all. Third of May is unironically a 10/10 though. The version he performed live was fine but the album version really knocks it out of the park. They really organized that song perfectly. The rest of the album is pretty hit or miss imo.
>>
HB > SG EP > S/T > CU
>>
Helplessness Blues is the best album to start with, though Crack-Up is probably their best. Self-titled is a lot of fun but it's not particularly profound or impactful.
>>
>>74889369
I fucking love the album, but I can definitely see the criticism that it's overstuffed. The interludes between almost every song, how almost every one is composed of different movements, even the ton of themes running through it... I can see that being a little much for a lot of people. I had to listen to it like four or five times before I could digest all that the album had been stretched to accomodate.
>>
HB>CU>FF=SG
>>
I'm slightly biased because I listened to each record as it came out, but I think the self-titled is a better starting point.

Helplessness Blues is their best record though.
>>
>>74892539
I agree 100% with this
>>
HB has a few god-tier songs, but everything else is meh. s/t is the superior album.
Haven't listened to Crack-Up yet.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.