[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does /mu/ like Punk?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7

File: Punk.jpg (367KB, 680x520px) Image search: [Google]
Punk.jpg
367KB, 680x520px
Does /mu/ like Punk?
>>
reminder that london calling is not punk
>>
>>74887851
Yeah I know it can be just called New Wave.
>>
>>74887831
I know 4 albums on this chart and I only like 3 of them
I like post punk and post punk revival better
oh and Daft Punk if it counts (it doesn't)
>>
>>74887974
Which ones?
>>
>>74888035
Nevermind the bollocks, London calling, fresh fruit for rotting vegetables
I'm not big on the Ramones
>>
>>74887974
Some of the bands there are classified as Post-Punk. Television, Pere Ubu and Wire.
>>
File: 61dXyVB1sJL.jpg (68KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
61dXyVB1sJL.jpg
68KB, 500x500px
>>74887831
pic related doesn't get the attention it deserves. The perfect comp and the only thing you need from him (maybe the first half of suicide sessions too). It has hilarious stage banter, so many quotables, and is pretty fucking catchy more often than not.

>le no fun allowed meme
>le so edgy meme

shiggy
>>
Post-punk is better in every way possible.
>>
>>
>>74888145
Oh, I agree I just don't see normal Punk discussed here often. I actually I see early Post-Hardcore in the same level as Post-Punk.
>>
>>74888145
>sad low test beta (fe)males who cry about the world and their problems > angry high test betas who rebel against the world and their problems

nope
>>
>>74888123
>le no fun allowed meme
Getting raped and having shit thrown at you is really fun.
>>
>>74888234
>can't enjoy the music but abhor his actions
>wouldn't go to GG show

plen
>>
File: 220px-Ggallinfirstalbum.jpg (10KB, 220x220px) Image search: [Google]
220px-Ggallinfirstalbum.jpg
10KB, 220x220px
>>74888123
Young GG and Old GG are far different people.
His early albums are some of my favorite punk albums
>>
Punk is dead
>>
>>74887851
It's good though
>>
>>74888527
G8 B8 M8
>>
Depends. I don't like most "classic" sounding punk, street punk or the stuff that emulates/continues the sound of either 77 bands or Crass/Dead Kennedys/etc. I do like the more melodic side of punk, goth, some post-hardcore, and current trend of goth hardcore.
>>
>>74888586
Why don't you like Dead Kennedys?
>>
File: R-501472-1212547593.jpeg.jpg (119KB, 600x599px) Image search: [Google]
R-501472-1212547593.jpeg.jpg
119KB, 600x599px
yes
>>
I like punk quite a bit. When I think about the origin, I guess it all goes back to my school days, really. When a lot of kids I knew could play the "Stairway to Heaven" guitar solo but I took more of a liking to the Ramones. Then it hit me: These kids couldn't play three chords of a Ramones song if their lives depended on it because they didn't have the strength or ability to do it.
>>
>>74888682
Just not my thing. Not putting them down as a band or anything, I just never got into the old school angry punk sound
>>
>>74887831

yes, but what came immediately after in 79-84 is infinitely better and IMO if stacking british post-punk (off all sorts, not just Joy Division) against american hardcore trajectory, the brits followed up punk much better than americans.
>>
File: 0000279542.jpg (118KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
0000279542.jpg
118KB, 500x500px
>>74887831
Actually London Calling doesn't belong in that group of albums. Pic posted does.

Other than that all the albums you posted are GOAT classics!
>>
>>74890461

more on that point, english post-punk bands that relied on aesthetic experimentation and like idk just kind of saying fuck it re: how melodies, riffs, arrangements etc. are supposed to work and then playing that as aggressively and sloppily as possible (think the fall, the flying lizards, and swell maps) were able to summon punk energy in a more idk authentic way than even really good american hardcore bands that just played really fast and yelled. like ive always felt that a band like minor threat is invigorating when youre listening to them in the moment because the music is so energizing that it rubs off on you but a group like the fall playing some insane riff over and over again and then mumbling and screaming gibberish over it is at times equally energizing but also is more of an aesthetic subversion of norms, more of a fuck you to how rock is supposed to be played than hardcore bands who kept their music relatively straightforward. idk as pretentious as this sounds american hardcore is punk in the moment when youre listening to it but english post-punk is maybe a bit less punk in the moment but actually much more punk if you think abt what they're after you've stopped listening.
>>
>>74888094
Actually Pink Flag is punk as fuck.Chairs Missing also has it's punk moments, but it's when the transformation began.

Television always sounded like they picked up where The Velvet Underground left off. And Pere Ubu? Well, they're Pere Ubu. What more can I say? Good album though. So's Dub Housing.

>>74888413
I agree. Nobody needs any post 1985 GG. Everything prior to that is GOAT.

>>74888722
>posts meme
>Gets dubs anyway
>>
I hope this thread stays focused on the music and doesn't turn into a screaming match that belongs on /pol/ like the last thread did.

Arguments between the alt right and antifa don't belong on /mu/ no matter what bands you like or what the lyrics say.
>>
>>74888234
Only a beta cuck like yourself would get raped
>>
>>74888207
>angry high test betas who rebel against the world and their problems
>nope
I guess Malcom McLaren's plan is still working.
>>
>>74888543
>GATE

It's like I'm really on 4chan!
>>
I like punk. Punk in Melbourne is really good right now, I can post some recs if anyone wants
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.