[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How come nobody talks about Mazzy Star?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

File: tumblr_nkohmoOdX41txc83uo1_500.jpg (28KB, 500x494px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nkohmoOdX41txc83uo1_500.jpg
28KB, 500x494px
How come nobody talks about Mazzy Star?
>>
>>74887584
But anon, we're talking about them right now
>>
mu is full of plebs
>>
Cause they're just nice really. Not that much to say about them other than that and also the fact that the gal has cute little tits I wanna flick and suc
>>
Everyone just kinda regards them as pretty good around here it seems. Among My Swan a best.
>>
>>74887610
Came here to say this
>>
>>74887610
Only because i brought it up
>>
>>74887584
It's Rick & Morty-core
>>
>>74887624
Alright no need to complicate things dweeb.
>>
Bells Ring and STTIMS > Fade Into You
>>
>>74887620
I think she hangs brightly is best. Halah be my angel and give you my lovin are great songs
>>
>>74887651

Bells Ring is pretty good but I'm about dat Mary of Silence.
>>
>>74887661
that one had to grow on me desu
>>
>>74887660

It has my favorite album cover of theirs at least, no doubt about that. I prefer the stuff that came after in general but they're all good albums.
>>
>>74887661
Mary of silence reminds me of something the doors would produce
>>
>>74887683
Agreed anon
>>
I'm sad because I dig the instrumentals in their songs but really can't stand the singer's voice. I want to like them.
>>
I need bands that sound exactly like Mazzy Star (that isn't Warm Inventions). Something dreamy and twangy, and more psychedelic than Mojave 3.
>>
So I'm super into neo-psychedelia and dream pop and I was really interested in listening to Mazzy Star but the vast majority of their material bores me to death. It seems to be the most basic possible chord progressions mixed with these really vague, mediocre lyrics that don't amount to much, sung in the most disinterested way possible. What am I missing?
>>
>>74887584
Underrated
>>
>>74887752
they capture the feeling of being half asleep and do it really well
>>
>>74887637
LOOK ON DOOWWNN FROM THE BRIIIIIDGE
>>
>>74887829
Unironically the best mazzy star song
>>
>>74887726
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7C7Y3IvvQ4
this JAMC album sounds like what you're looking for but not really psychedelic. also featuring hope sandoval on the 3rd track
>>
>>74887584
ever since they were in that ricky mortin episode i think they've gotten a bit more coverage
>>
>>74887921
I think this is the first time I've seen someone else show appreciation for that album. Most people seem to dislike it because it's so different from their usual sound, but I love the shit out of it.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.