[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If this happened today, how would people react?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

If this happened today, how would people react?
>>
Same way dude it happened a few years ago.
>>
>>74886201
This is perfectly fine. The black man is overthrowing the oppressive white female who won the trophy through white suppremacy!
>>
They'd put him in an institution again
>>
>>74886201
Nobody would care because they make dad rap / mom pop
>>
>>74886201
nobody would care. who still watches the vma's?
>>
>>74886201
Everyone would be on Kanye's side.
>>
Itd be career killing for Kanye. He's at the tail end of his career and Taylor is basically at the peak of hers. He'd look like a washed up superstar trying too hard to stay in the limelight.
>>
Kanye was right all along
Everyone remembers the Single Ladies video, I don't even remember what song Taylor's video was for
>>
They might be a little more upset this time. There's only so many times you can hijack another musical artist's award acceptance without it getting old.

Just like there's only so many times you can play the "Stairway to Heaven" guitar solo without being able to play three chords of a Ramones song without it getting old.
>>
>>74886213
a lot of bullshit has happened in just a few short years
>>
>>74886373
You know, I just looked it up. I'm surprised, learned something new.

For one, it was You Belong With Me, which I absolutely remember, and it was also competing with Poker Face. I'm surprised it won, but it really was a good "video", and it was only in the Female category.

Single Ladies still won video of the year. There was no point. She still had the best video, she just didn't get both. Odd.
>>
>>74886373
i see his nigger psychology worked on you.
>>
thinkpieces about how Kanye is a hero for taking the award from a privileged whitey
>>
At least she made a very subtle pop diss track many years later about her whole thing with Kanye for revenge when literally everyone else didn't care anymore.

She sure got him good!
>>
>>74886370
Taylor is almost done, Kanye just got off his best album to date, in a never-ending series of masterpieces.

Taylor is finished.
>>
>>74886201
Kanye would probably be a lot better received. I'd argue that the backlash from the whole incident basically sent Kanye's career on a spiral that eventually resulted in MBDTF and basically reinvented his whole image (well, more came to terms with the reality of it).

In the alt OP universe Kanye never does this. He releases maybe one or two more 808s tier albums and gracefully backs out of the industry as a well respected if not eccentric artist who released a lot of nice soul-infused hip hop.

Considering the current stance towards modern hip hop in the media, Kanye comes out of it fucking spotless and Taylor, who without the Kanye drama to pit her as the victim and create an empowering hero saga starts seeing decline in her own career, comes off as kind of a bitch. But it's overall a very minor incident that gets brushed over in a week.
>>
>>74886213
It's been like 8 years
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.