[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is fucking shit.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

File: Slintb.jpg (346KB, 1920x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Slintb.jpg
346KB, 1920x1920px
This is fucking shit.
>>
shut the hell your mouth
>>
I've been saying that for years but nobody would agree with me and I could never understand what made mumbling over a lethargic acoustic backing track so god-tier to /mu/ but now that you're here our voice of dissent and reason can be louder together
>>
File: Bowie stare.gif (1MB, 257x200px) Image search: [Google]
Bowie stare.gif
1MB, 257x200px
Cunt
>>
>>74886157
It's good. Goord Morning Captain is a great song, but it's and overrated album.
>>
>>74886220
Dude I listened to it five times. Five fucking times just to prove I wasn't being a contrarian faggot to this stupid board.

It got progressively worse on each listen. It's grating, unenjoyable trash. This album fucking sucks and I have no idea why this board holds it in such high esteem. I've wasted my life listening to this dogshit. I'm so mad.
>>
>>74886157
Why do you think it's shit and what is your favorite album

You won't answer this if you were just shitposting
>>
>>74886277
we get it, you dont like it
move on
>>
>>74886157
Its the shit.
>>
It's way better than the other Louisville hardcore that was coming out at the time, so fuck you OP

it's like a gem frozen in time and place, can't believe it's quarter of a century old
>>
>>74886302
I find the instrumentation unbearably bland and the mumble-tier vocals add nothing to the tracks and only make for a frustrating listen. The tracks just aren't compelling or interesting in anyway and there's nothing really unique about them.

I really enjoyed American Football but this is just garbage.
>>
>>74886277
True. Meme shit for basement dwelling mouthbreathers. Truly a horrible album from beginning to end.
>>
just don't listen to post-hardcore ever then
>>
>>74886157
>>74886220
>>74886234
>>74886277
>>74886379
>>74887105
Well, looks like you need another listen.
>>
you guy know you don't have to like every "classic" album, right?
>>
>>74888015
Wait, what? I can have my own opinion even if it's shit?
>>
it's proto-emo shit

former scene kids trying to legitimize their life choices by delving deeper into the history of their embarrassing subculture inevitably end up lauding this album because it's the least embarrassing thing that they can appreciate.

It's still shite for self-pitying autists though
>>
>>74888192
Regardless of the pathologies you think the fanbase may have the album is still kinda innovotive. Shitty critique my friend.
>>
>>74888235
innovation is not an inherently good thing. The album has to sound good for innovation to be good
>>
>>74886277
>I'm so mad

kek

pls new meme
>>
>>74888258
Eh. Alot of people enjoy the sound, including myself, and I was never a scene kid and I never really registered the emotional content explictly until later listens. I just appreciate a well set theme when I hear one.
>>
File: yaranaika-3.png (4KB, 303x314px) Image search: [Google]
yaranaika-3.png
4KB, 303x314px
It's not even shit, it's just shapeless and uninteresting, literally all 2 notes and mumbling.
>>
such fucking pleb taste here holy shit
>>
>>74886157
t. retard
>>
You know I was just listening to this album again right now at this very moment. I was thinking during this, wow I've never seen anybody every bash this album on /mu whether as bait or serious. Not anymore though. Good job faggot.
>>
>>74886379
>I find the instrumentation unbearably bland
The instrumentation pretty unique for a rock record. What's bland about it? The mumbling vocals point, I agree with somewhat. I prefer the louder vocal parts, but apparently they made Brian McMahan physically ill to yell over the guitars, so I get why there isn't as much of it
>>
Eh. Maybe you just have shit taste.

There were a lot of kids at my school who could play the "Stairway to Heaven" guitar solo but who couldn't play three chords of a Slint song if their life depended on it because they didn't have the strength or ability to do it.
>>
>>74888535
lmao I like this meme
>>
>>74888516
are u a peanut brain? this album is one of the most bashed mucore albums
>>
>>74888794
They're all bashed and all the better for it I say.
>>
>>74888192
You say emo like it's a bad thing, 90s emo is pretty good.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.