[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Post albums that got their reputation BTFO by just one review

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 1477495328974.jpg (24KB, 201x300px) Image search: [Google]
1477495328974.jpg
24KB, 201x300px
Post albums that got their reputation BTFO by just one review
>>
>>74885074
>doesn't even link to the review
this thread is shit my nigga
>>
>>74885575
it was just some left wing pedophile crying about cultural appropriation or something. not worth posting

sage
>>
>>74885575
s an orthodox christian it's sort of frustrating to see these reviews - 'dark ages hymning and bell ringing,' seriously? these hymns and ringing patterns are done at my church and every orthodox church in russia/ukraine/former yugoslavia/bulgaria/belorussia every single sunday at the least, some of the monasteries every single day. there's nothing 'dark ages' about it, even from a historical standpoint (modern russian/slavic bell ringing and liturgical chant began in the 15th century for god's sake)

not to mention the fact that everyone upvoted byzantine chant when it's like, factually not, except for like twenty seconds in one track where they do a hymn in the old modes. byzantine chant has not been sung in russian (or other slavic) orthodox churches since perhaps the tenth century after the conversion of the kievan rus - it pretty quickly evolved to znammeny chant, and now since the liturgical rework and switch to polyphony under patriarch nikon the chant has absolutely nothing to do with byzantine chant at all. but you posers like 'byzantine' because of its ancient and mysterious connotations, and dont bother to actually learn things or understand why people care about them
>>
>>74887121
>>74885575
'm not sure what the creators of this were trying to do, but they've taken the atmosphere of orthodox christian liturgy, at times by performing it, and turned it into what all these outsiders have interpreted as some 'mysterious' thing thats oh-so-mystical. whatever the case, those people are entirely missing the mundanity of it, the ubiquity of it: the mystical power of liturgical music lies precisely in how it structures life and is omnipresent, not in how it is hidden or mysterious - how it fills the halls and shapes the calendar, how it literally organizes the life of devout people, not how it is something to discover for those looking for something 'moody'
>>
>>74887145
>>74885575
>>74887121
this thing is used for posing by people who dont have any idea about the heritage it's playing with, just because it seems cool and foreign and dark to them. i'm not exactly out to criticize this release, and i don't want to write reviews of music here, but i DO want to make a statement about the attitude i've seen toward religious music on this site, without pointing fingers. trivializing people's heritages for one's image without actually bothering to try to understand or learn about those heritages and how they work is disrespectful, colonialist, and orientalist. you are alienating millions of people by acting like their daily experience is some Experience you're cool for being into. it wouldnt be okay with african music (and dont get me started on how rym treats african music) and it's not okay with religious music from eastern christians either. you can still like this album, you can still love orthodox liturgical music (how can you not?), but please, please stop using it for your image if you don't know a thing about it beyond the half-attentive listen you gave it while browsing 4chan one time.

and speaking of which, armenian church music... ok well i'll stop here
>>
>>74885074
this is actually a good album, you have no taste, op. and the review is bad
>>
>>74887202
t. poseur
>>
>>74887202
t. poseur cuck obsessed with image
>>
File: Centipede_Hz_album_cover.jpg (71KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Centipede_Hz_album_cover.jpg
71KB, 400x400px
>>
>>74887306
>>74887338
t. j(ailbait)marvin
>>
>>74887431
stop \ wearing \ my \ supreme
>>
What a strange thread
>>
>>74885074
NYC Ghosts & Flowers
>>
>>74887306
>>74887338
>anything non-Oasis is bad
nice one
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.