[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is this the only good jazz album? elitist pls don't reply

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 3

File: 1504216545445.png (1MB, 800x796px) Image search: [Google]
1504216545445.png
1MB, 800x796px
is this the only good jazz album?
elitist pls don't reply
>>
all japanese jazz sounds plastic.
>>
haha upvoted!
>>
lmao
>>
But seriously though, you should check out Miles Davis. He does a lot of different styles of jazz, from something called Bebop (which sounds like Bee Bops) and other stuff like Cool Jazz (which is really smooth listening) and Jazz Rock Fusion (which is self explanatory). He is really a great artist. But my personal favorite (Davis is really good, really diverse, but I have my own favorite) is ths guy named Mingus. And my favorite Mingus album is The Black Saint and Sinner Lady. And I swear it's not like any other jazz album. It feels directionless and full of direction at the same time. It doesn't feel wanky or long-winded, but really experimental and fun. He has other good albums too.
>>
>>74883253
I think you can answer that yourself when you found this album through youtube recommending it no matter what you watch and you have to see that cover over and over oh my god kill me.
>>
Its not even his best album tbqh
>>
The only thing that distinguishes him from thousands of other amateur pianists is that he's Japanese and there aren't a lot of Japanese hard bop pianists.
>>
there are some albums prior to fukui that i think are a bit more interesting. bill evans and thelonious monk have some easily digestible piano based stuff if that's what you're looking for. otherwise Mingus's more popular stuff got me into jazz some time ago.
>>
>>74883253
Ironic that he asks elitists not to reply, he is himself being elitist, albeit a Fukoi- rather than Jazz-Elitist. What is the intender purpose of the post, I wonder? To foment discussion on the album or to seek recommendations are two possibilities.

>>74883735
It seems to be attacking a perceived Jazz-Newbie or Jazz-Hipster?I don't think this is copypasta. What is the purpose of this post? Is this a disgruntled jazz fan seeking to steer a Fukui-listener either from Jazz, presumably for having poor taste)?

>>74883837
This post is nonsensical. What is the purpose of this post? Is this person high? Are they of around 12 years of age?
>>
>>74883253
No , that'd be Juju

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soJvqZHSHxk
>>
If you aren't a musician you couldn't possibly appreciate jazz. If you listen to jazz and don't play in instrument you couldn't possibly be more pretentious. these are the FACTS.
>>
>>74884953
What is the purpose of this post? Is this person mad? Is he 12 years old? Is he trying to be an elitist? Is he high? What did he mean by this?
>>
>>74885024
haha no.
>>
Hi, guy who doesn't really care about jazz here.
I really like Herbie Hancock's Head Hunters (especially Watermelon Man), and I like Relaxing with the Miles Davis quintet.

A few other good albums from Miles and John Coltrane.

Don't know any other work by this guy, but listen to Barney Kessel play Autumn Leaves: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BAsEfhU2Ehg
>>
File: MI0003706271.jpg (39KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
MI0003706271.jpg
39KB, 500x500px
>>74883275
wrongo
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uww2R-Cql1o
>>
>>74885024
(You)
>>
This board attempting to talk jazz will never be anything short of hilarious
>>
>>74884953
Ironic that he analyzes everything only to be analyzed back. Why does this happen tough? What is this place? Why are we asking so many questions? Why are you reading this thread?
>>
I don't get why this album is a meme on this board

It's not even that good. The fact that he was doing that out-dated style of jazz in the 70s is fucking laughable...
>>
I too had Ryu Fukui appear in my recommended list OP. You math rock listening faggot.
>>
>>74888806
>>74883837
Exsqueeze me?
>>
Unironically Swing Holic are amazing swing/jazz band, even though they're weeaboo shit.
>>
https://youtu.be/-yg7aZpIXRI
i like bebop and monk
>>
>>74887732
Because this album comes from Japan. And you're on 4chan.
I hope you're not really this deluded about the nature of this website.
>>
>>74889145
I have also gotten it recommended on YouTube and I never listen to jazz or even Japanese music in general
>>
is this a new meme? god this place has gone to the dogs.
>>
>>74885024
>You are pretentious because you listen to jazz and don't play an instrument
>This only apply to jazz, because jazz is special, and so am I

Your argument is pure shit. Going by your logic if I played on a fucking tambourine I wouldn't be pretentious anymore.
You're the most pretentious in this thread by far if you say stuff like that.
>>
>>74887172
by far the best nujabes song IMO
>>
>>74883253
Yes.
>>
>>74883903
Link me up senpai
I really wanna get into jazz and he seems very entry lvl friendly
>>
>people use this as their "entry point" to jazz instead of Bill Evans

Literally why
>>
MUH BILL EVANS. At least Fukui wasn't a helpless junkie.
>>
>>74893596
Same reason people use futurefunk and city pop for 70s dance genres instead of proper funk and disco.
>>
>>74883253
That's not even his best album, so probably not.
>>
I'm a normie
I want to listen to some saxophone
I need some jazz, blues or whatever artists to casually listen to
>>
>>74885024
Nah, I understand what's going on in Jazz, know a lot of trained musicians and can follow it all perfectly fine. Not everyone has an intellectual disability that prevents them from understanding things.
>>
>>74895510
try Naked City, John Zorn is a brilliant saxophone player
>>
>>74895510
Cannonball Adderley, Charlie Parker, Stan Getz
>>
>>74885024
ah so thats why nobody gives a shit about jazz
>>
File: bae.jpg (1MB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
bae.jpg
1MB, 1500x1500px
check out lonnie smith, thelonius monk
>>
>>74893490
mellow dream you fucking newfag faggot
>>
>>74883253
no
>>
>>74887014
Barney Kessel played on Pet Sounds
>>
>>74896767
Mellow dream is his best album yes.
>>
>>74895510
Mingus
>>
>>74895795
>I'm a normie
>try Naked City
What are you doing?
>>
>>74883253
yes
>>
now i'm really curious to know why a lot of people get this album recommended by youtube. It's easily the one that i get recommended the most too
>>
>>74900476
That's how (((they))) want it
>>
>>74900476
obviously
but why
>>
>>74900529
>>74900496
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.