[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are Green Day a bad band?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: greenday-feat.jpg (277KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
greenday-feat.jpg
277KB, 1000x1000px
Are Green Day a bad band?
>>
nah
>>
>>74881249
No. Some of the best pop punk, actually.
>>
File: nightwalklamplightcurb.jpg (690KB, 1600x1067px) Image search: [Google]
nightwalklamplightcurb.jpg
690KB, 1600x1067px
>>74881249
Green Day is exactly what Green Day wants to be. They sold a billion and one records, made it to the rock and roll hall of fame, and dominated mainstream punk culture for two or more decades. What more do they have to prove? They could retire right now and blow coke off of the erect dicks of thai ladyboys for the rest of their lives and still have hundreds of millions of dollars left over. Not to mention the legions of eyeliner-wearing fans who probably rode their dicks the entire time.
>>
>>74881249
Politically, yes. But I try not to pay attention to that since it only shines through in a few songs that I don't even care for.
>>
>>74881249
yessir
>>
>>74881249
No, a really good band actually. Everything before 21st Century is consistently good, only recently they've stopped giving a fuck
>>
>>74881317
Not really, they only turned to eyeline-wearing post-American Idiot, what with Boulevard of Broken Dreams and Wake Me Up When September Ends. Around the time of Dookie and Nimrod they were like the majority of pop punk at the time - songs about being slacker stoners doing slacker stoner stuff. Pretty visible if you compare the clips When I Come Around to Boulevard of Broken Dreams, for example. And yeah, they pretty much have been one of the most famous bands of the last 20 years, while making music that for their own genre is surprisingly good. I wouldn't say they're good or bad as I don't really care for them, but to ignore them is to ignore probably the last huge rock scene that wasn't touted as "saving rock", they just were.
>>
>>74881374
I'd say up to 21st Century Breakdown they're still doing alright, even though 21CB is kind of mediocre and being overambitious. Still, they're quite good overall. That said, that was their last "decent" record in like... fucking 2009.
>>
>>74881249
god they picked the absolute most punchable fucking faces for those album covers
>>
>>74881404
>>74881374
nice nostalgia goggles you guys have on fags haha
>>
>>74881385
>but to ignore them is to ignore probably the last huge rock scene that wasn't touted as "saving rock", they just were.

This is pretty depressing desu
And I never ignored them, and I enjoy some of their stuff, but damn if the culture alongside rock music trends hasn't dried up entirely.
>>
They're alright just don't listen to anything post 2004 because it isn't amything essential. Also Pinhead gunpowder is Billie Joe's superior band
>>
>>74881404
>21CB
>Not one of their only good albums
>>
>>74881425
I find that kind of surprising. The last bands that were touted as good rock bands without praise from the industry claiming they were "saving rock" were from that Californian scene of pop punk which spawned blink-182, Green Day, The Offspring, Bad Religion, as well as more than a handful of other, similar bands. It's kind of interesting how their themes were often themes of desillusion in an otherwise fairly standard stoner/slacker life, which is surprisingly mature for what they were.
>>
>>74881249
Nimrod > Dookie > Insomniac > American Idiot > Kerplunk > Warning > Shenanigans > 1039 Smoothed Out Slappy Hours > 21st Century Breakdown > Tre! > Revolution Radio > Dos! > Uno!
>>
Objectively no, bassist and drummer are very talented musicians and Billy Joe is a good songwriter. Personally yes because their music isn't for me.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.