[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gorillaz - Rhinestone Eyes fan-made animated video

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: RhinestoneEyesFinished.png (261KB, 632x317px) Image search: [Google]
RhinestoneEyesFinished.png
261KB, 632x317px
Gorillaz fans will remember that when Plastic Beach undersold and had all of its marketing budget pulled by EMI, all of the virtual band aspects were abandoned - the flash games, the interviews, the animated videos, etc. Jamie Hewlett released a hand-drawn storyboard version of Rhinestone Eyes which showed roughly what the eventual music video would have looked like, but the budget for the full animation never materialised.

This Gorillaz fan has been animating the storyboard to try and re-create what the official video was supposed to be like before it got cancelled, he just released it today and it looks fucking amazing - anyone who was disappointed by the cancellation should check it out. I was massively skeptical that a fan-animation by one person could ever live up to the fully budgeted, professional Gorillaz animations made by entire teams of people, but fucking hell I was wrong. Check it out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-iPq3qWeQQ
>>
File: 1500578621871.jpg (38KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1500578621871.jpg
38KB, 400x400px
>>74880462
Yo, thanks for sharing this!
>>
>>74880462
And I always thought the Plastic Beach story was incomplete.
Bump
>>
>>74880462
>Gorillaz
*holds up spork*
>>
>>74880730
I know right? Been waiting for this for five years :D
>>
The new videos suck in comparison to plastic beach. Sleeping Powder is kinda funny but the stroblite video is trash.
>>
>>74881053
>The new album sucks in comparison to The Fall
ftfy
>>
>>74881053
Saturnz Barz is pretty cool though. I love the running joke where monsters and demons basically follow the band to every new place they move in to, and yet they keep thinking that they're just unlucky enough to keep moving to already haunted places
>>
>>74881053
I enjoyed Saturnz Barz. Thought the whole 360 video was an interesting take and I enjoy the song too.
>I just wish the rest of the album could hold up as much.
>>
>>74881136
Oh yeah I forgot about that video. It's ok but no stylo.
>>
>>74881161

Damon basically said in an interview a while back that the music industry is just fucked as far as expensive music videos go - it's the same reason they've massively scaled back the interactive aspect this time. Anything they've done so far has been sponsored by someone - Saturnz Barz was paid for by Google to showcase the as yet underused 360 feature, the phone apps are being sponsored by Beats, the most recent update to those apps was sponsored by a car manufacturer, etc. Sadly it's just the way it is. If the live shows sell well enough we might see a reinvigorated cartoon aspect to the band next year when more singles and b-sides will be coming out.
>>
>>74880462
this is fucking great, awesome job on that guy's part
rhinestone eyes really deserved a video and this feels almost official. the animation is almost perfectly gorillaz.
>>
>>74880462
it's really really good but it does not compare to the work of a studio (obviously)
>>
I wonder when the Super Deluxe edition of this album will release so I can delete the shitty tracks and replace them with better alternate takes.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.