[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will there be another Radiohead Album?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

File: thom sad.jpg (36KB, 770x487px) Image search: [Google]
thom sad.jpg
36KB, 770x487px
Seriously, there's not that much unreleased material after AMSP + OKNOTOK cleaned out the backlog
Additionally I don't really see a direction the band could really go from here after AMSP

Thoughts?
>>
there's enough unreleased material to make an album, what you on about
>>
>>74879255
The members are gettting in their 50s

soon they honestly are just going to be a nostalgia touring act
>>
I'd be happy if they stopped desu, AMSP was easily their best album since Amnesiac and would be a good point to end it on.
It's not like any of them need more money or can't have solo careers
>>
>>74879321
I just want an amnesiac style album of the stuff worked on during AMSP and I can die happy
>>
Not only do they have more than enough unreleased material, but the best song on AMSP (Tinker Tailor Soldier Sailor...) was written during its sessions iirc
>>
Didn't Thom mention he's going to put out a new AFP album soon?
>>
I think Thom said in an interview recently that they're not stopping anytime soon
>>
I want a studio version of Cut A Hole. Could've easily been on the special edition of AMSP instead of Spectre.
>>
>>74879255
I predict a new album c.2020-2022
>>
Their next album will be their magnum opus, and take heavy influences from the likes of AJJ and Ghost Mice
>>
Follow Me Around better be the closer for the next album. I think it could work really well at the end if they slowed it down a notch and mostly just left it acoustic. No drums needed.
>>
Songs likely to have been worked on during AMSP sessions:
Follow me Around
Cut a Hole
Skirting on the surface

Songs still floating around:
I Froze up
I lie awake
Riding a Bullet
Wake me (Before they come)
Impossible Knots
Not the News
Traffic
Slave
Dogwander
>>
i can't be the only one hoping for all new shit with an inpenetrable sound a la TKoL ...
AMSP just felt disappointingly soulless to me, from the production to the structure to the vocals... (present tense is fantastic though)
>>
>>74879826
I prefered the wider room AMSP gave to the songs, it feels like they had more room to breathe
I love the songs on tkol, but the fact that they feel so rigid on the album makes it a bit harder to digest (I honestly just play live from the basement when I want to listen to them).
Wish they would do more stuff like the Butcher tho, adore that track
>>
>>74879325
Rae Sremmurd & Radiohead - Wipe Out?
>>
>>74879826

I thought AMSP was basically IR stretched out and textured with TKOL-style loops. It's a much more meandering, dreamlike album and I adore that quality about it.
>>
>>74879500
i NEED EEETTT
>>
They can and always have done whatever they wanted, it's not like they won't go in some direction
>>
>>74879539
>AJJ
Fucking fuck off
>>
>>74879255
They will. But not for a while until they feel a spark.
>>
>>74879655
>Dogwander
oh shit they made a song about trip
>>
>>74880658
damn...
>>
I wouldn't be disappointed if AMSP was the end, it's one of their best records. That said, I think they've got at least one more in them. But we'll be waiting a while.
>>
slightly off topic but listening to that oknotok cassette was an incredible experience
>>
>>74879255
Why? just let it go.
>>
>>74880764
lighten up, squirt
>>
dreamers......... they never............ learn........
>>
I want them to make one last album then break up. Then we will have 10 radio head albums.
The last album should be "happy" radiohead, or maybe dance songs. Its the only final conclusion to the radioheads
>>
>>74881265
it would be great too if it had one massive hit on it like creep was at the time. they would have come full circle
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.