[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is 22 too late?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: 22164_1238858294_large.jpg (105KB, 800x1026px) Image search: [Google]
22164_1238858294_large.jpg
105KB, 800x1026px
Do you guys think 22 is too late to learn piano to get to a point where you can play and compose your own pieces?
>>
It's never too late. I read somewhere that Ryo Fukui learned to play piano in his 20s

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Hrr3dp7zRQY

inb4 he's japanese so you can't do it
>>
>>74878919
no, it's never too late to learn an instrument
>>
Is a teacher necessary to learn to play piano?
>>
>>74879015

I want to know too, I plan on saving for a piano & teacher since my time is limited and I cannot waste a lot of time gathering resources and making and attack plan by myself.
>>
>>74879015
>>74879061
A teacher would be ideal as they can keep an eye on any bad habits sneaking in as well as guide you (you don't know what you don't know), but you can do it without if you don't have the time/money. If you already play another instrument teaching yourself will be a lot easier as well.
>>
>>74878919
nope
you'll just be old by the time u git good.
>>
>inb4 ryu fukui
>>
>>74878919
Leonard Cohen was in his 30's when he released his first album.
>>
You can learn to play just fine, but you'll never be a crazy virtuoso unless you start developing memory and habits from a younger age.

If you're a NEET you're better off because you can devote entire days to practice instead of having to break it into sessions.
>>
>>74878919
Nah
I-is 18 too late to learn the cello

>>74879264
pretty irrelevant since he's never been known as musician as much as a poet, and had already published a bunch of stuff by the time he released his first album
>>
>>74879372
It's not too late but learning strings outside of childhood will take sometime.
>>
>>74879459
Yeah, I'm very apprehensive especially because I'm left handed, and after playing guitar left handed for eight years the idea of fingering with my good hand and rhythm with my weak hand is terrifying
>>
>>74879514
If you already play guitar, you'll pick it up way easier (due to senses of pitch and rhythm, not because of "liberated" fingers). Don't worry about your hands, the stark difference in technique means that very little skill in terms of fingering transfers over. I'm a guitarist that took strings as a unit in uni (did violin not cello though) but several of my friends did cello and within a year where able to sound more than passable. Also props on choosing cello, it's a lovely instrument and also a lot more forgiving on beginners than the higher strings.
>>
>>74879636
Thank anon, I've wanted to take it up for a while now but have been unsure as to whether it'd be futile
>props on choosing cello, it's a lovely instrument
Yeah, always loved the timbre of it, thought it was beautiful since I was little
>>
>>74878919
>too late

If you start anything right now, in the future you'll be that much further along than if you started later. You're not dead are you nigga? Get up ya ass and sit down at a piano and learn that shit. You're gonna be a shit shitter player at first but who gives a good God damn. Keep at it u lil nigga and practice regularly and you'll become good in no time
>>
File: Gwiazdka (28).png (548KB, 895x802px) Image search: [Google]
Gwiazdka (28).png
548KB, 895x802px
>>74878919
It's never too late to pursue something you're passionate about :)
>>
>>74878919
>I'm thinking about giving up before I even try
>>
>>74878919
Is 22 too late to try and get a mathy punk band off the ground tho?
>>
>>74880217
You'll be doing that in a year if you're at all musical and practice consistently.
>>
>>74878919
>too late
no
>to compose your own pieces
depends on how autistic you are

I'm only salty that I stopped playing piano at 13
Considering picking up guitar or bass now though, same age as you
>>
>>74879337
>If you're a NEET you're better off because you can devote entire days to practice instead of having to break it into sessions.

Nope, NEETs rarely have the motivation to get out of bed in the morning and take a shower, they do not possess the self discipline nor motivation to become a accomplished pianist.
>I can practice tomorrow, I have all the time in the world
>>
File: whinging intensifies.jpg (15KB, 257x193px) Image search: [Google]
whinging intensifies.jpg
15KB, 257x193px
my dad bought me musical instruments when I was like 7 or 8 but he failed to realise that I'd never git gud without a teacher and I never progressed. At the age of 13 I was slightly wiser and convinced him to get me a teacher but I would've been much better if I started learning from a younger age.

the thing that annoys me is that my parents were bretty rich so they weren't limited by poverty, just by their musical ignorance.

remember to like and subscribe for more drunken whinge posts
>>
>>74883442
That is true to an extent. I suppose I meant more that if he's a NEET that isn't a worthless spineless beta cuck piece of shit (I know, an oxymoron) it will be easy for him to learn since he has all the time in the world.

Also I don't think all NEETs are/behave like hikis
>>
File: 1492546783742.png (224KB, 409x409px) Image search: [Google]
1492546783742.png
224KB, 409x409px
>>74883442
>Nope, NEETs rarely have the motivation to get out of bed in the morning and take a shower, they do not possess the self discipline nor motivation to become a accomplished pianist.
t. ragie wagie
>>
piano is easy as fuck dude. literally the single easiest instrument to play and learn theory with.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.