[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You have 30 seconds to name me a better album, with sound reasoning.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 12

File: images (2).jpg (17KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
images (2).jpg
17KB, 225x225px
You have 30 seconds to name me a better album, with sound reasoning.
>>
chocolate starfish and the hot dog flavored water
>>
>>74877779
>no reasoning whatsoever
Into the trash it goes.
>>
>>74877652
not sure if baiting, or truly a fucking pleb.
basically any album by any other band ever. i'd pick some stupid shit over this full retard shit any day of the week.
>>
File: Van_Halen_album.jpg (17KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Van_Halen_album.jpg
17KB, 300x300px
>>74877652

fuck off.

is that good enough reasoning?
>>
File: pink tape.jpg (166KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
pink tape.jpg
166KB, 1000x1000px
Pic related by virtue of it not being by RHCP
>>
>>74877652
I cant this is the best of all time
>>
>>74877813
it's lit
>>
What is it about RHCP that makes /mu/ so eternally asshurt? Is it that they're one of the most consistently successful and cutting-edge rock bands of the last 30 years?
If you honestly think the Chili Peppers aren't talented, you're literally in the minority of people that have heard music before. No group that "sucks" can go on having top selling albums and concerts for 2 decades.

You might dislike funk rock, and that's fair. You might think the lyrics suck, and sometimes they do. You might be a reddit fag who memes about "RHCP with no vocals is better than real RHCP" but really you just have no taste in music.

Anthony Keidis is an amazing rapper and has a unique, soft singing voice that's improved through the years. Jon Frusciante is a god of guitar, and the most talented musician alive today. Flea is a world-class bassist who's toured with some of the biggest bands regardless of the Peppers' status. Chad Smith LITERALLY couldn't be more consistent if he tries, and he looks just like Will Ferrell. As usual, though, 4chan has to be contrarian.
>>
Dark side of the moon dude
>>
>>74878011
you're confusing commercial success with actual merit in music. just because a band sells out shows and has top records, does not automatically mean they are amazing. describe what is actually cutting edge about rhcp?
i used to be really obsessed with them. then i grew up and realized that there are bands who write songs that are ACTUALLY cutting-edge. anthony's far from a talented singer/lyricist. frusciante was the driving force of the band but left. flea is cool, but kind of a gimmick. they are mediocre at best. nothing about being contrarian- they just lack good, interesting, thoughtful music.

pic related if you wanna hear something cutting edge.
>>
>>74878068
>hillbillies covering The Beatles on a 4-track
>cutting edge
>>
>>74877652
Blood Sugar Sex Magik
>>
>>74878011
I'd agree that RHCP are objectively a good band, but consistently selling records is not an indicator of that.
>>
File: 600x600bb.jpg (109KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
600x600bb.jpg
109KB, 600x600px
>>74877652
probably dumb bait but anyways...
I'm gonna let the band itself do the reasoning
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3FHXXP5T3U
>>
>>74878131
this, not even the best red hot chilli peppers album, whereas Blood Sugar Sex Magik doesn't have a single bad or boring song.
>>
File: cali.jpg (17KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
cali.jpg
17KB, 300x300px
This is the best California album
>>
>>74879976
my niggah
>>
>>74879517
Agreed, however One Hot Minute was a brave fucking album!
>>
File: cosmicinterception.jpg (126KB, 597x595px) Image search: [Google]
cosmicinterception.jpg
126KB, 597x595px
>>
File: IMG_2203.jpg (86KB, 900x570px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2203.jpg
86KB, 900x570px
What the hell is it with these horrible groups people talk about? I haven't even been here for long – maybe I'm delusional – but, the only music in the catalog now are garbage Pop-women, garbage 90s rock, threads talking shit about good albums, soundtrack rappers/trappers, and non-music related threads. People used to talk about interesting music and give good recommendations. It was a retarded word, but the fact that "patrician" is now looked down on just shows how people no longer care if what they're listening to is even remotely good. Fricking hell, you lads should be embarrassed.
>>
>>74877652

If I were you, I'd ashemed of myself to consider that LP, the best ever made in history of rock.

Imagine to google "best album ever made" and to get that CRAP as first result. I would seriously laugh out loud.

Fuck off.
>>
>>74877779
you are my hero
>>
>>74877652
Californication is not even the best RHCP record

Blood Sugar Sex Magik any day
>>
File: Icp-ringmaster.jpg (23KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
Icp-ringmaster.jpg
23KB, 225x225px
>>74878011
>No group that "sucks" can go on having top selling albums and concerts for 2 decades.
Like ICP.
>>
>>74877652
>people are now unironically posting on this board claiming that Californication is the greatest album of all time

who knew /mu/ could become even more of a cesspool
>>
>>74878011

>No group that "sucks" can go on having top selling albums and concerts for 2 decades.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argumentum_ad_populum
>>
>>74880561
It will only get worse as more children grow up.
>>
File: file.png (2MB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
2MB, 1200x1200px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waFWyc9pOg0

no contest
>>
>>74877652
oh i get it SOUND reasoning hahahah good one.
>>
>>74878011
I'm going to sound fake but trust me in this one. I used to listen to RHCP non-stop for most of my adolescence, from when I was 13 until I was 18. I went to a Rock in Rio just to see them (I didn't go to a lot of shows because I was poor as shit). I worked while living with my parents and I made months of money just to buy a legit Fender Stratocaster. I kept reading and watching every piece of rarities and shows and documentaries about them, I was really passionate about it whenever I saw them referenced in any media. By now I think you get the point.

After I got out of this blind spot I was at, mainly through /mu/ (and later discovering how /mu/ was a blindspot by itself but that's a whole other talk), I had for once realized how mediocre and bland they actually are. Flea is a good showman but that's it. He's not the greatest bass player on the planet as I used to think. He's just there for a good stage perfomance. The same goes for Kiedis, but add to that a lack of vocal performance which I thought was some sort of "artistic expression". Chad is good but that's it as well.

About Frusciante, though. Now this guy is awesome. I love his solo stuff to this day and I truly believe he's great. But not in the Chili Peppers, that was just a job. His 9 to 5. Simple as that.

They're not cutting edge, they're not good musicians, they don't really speak to the music lover type because they don't have anything great to offer to someone with a little bit more references. I mean, they're showmen. And they're great at it, but don't take them as the almighty gods of chilled rock and deep emotions because at the end of day... they're really not.
>>
>>74882341
>tfw spent a lot of timing writing this down and the dude it was for is not even here anymore
>>
Good band but the wikka wikka muh California gets old.
>>
dude calfornia heroin fungalunga ding dang lmao
>>
>>74882341
>(and later discovering how /mu/ was a blindspot by itself but that's a whole other talk
>>74882415
You seem to have some free time, can you expand on that, I'm curious.
>>
that album has fucking awful production, and not awful like lo-fi, awful like it's actually awful.
literally every alternative rock album with a handful of decent songs is better than it solely because of the production.
>>
>>74877813
>No reasoning for your own choice.

You're a fucking retard. The album is great album dou.
>>
>>74882415
Not OP but I appreciate your post and can identify with it 100%
>Chad is good but that's it
I love this part
I bought my first drum kit in 1999 and never understood people complimenting chad smith, he just play what it's expected, that's it. He those a good job doing so but it can't possibly blow your mind. The same principle applies to Charlie Watts, but he has grace and plays in an elegant manner, Chad is just Chad, plain and square.
And let's not forget that when Frusciante wasn't around they had Dave Navarro who seems like the douchiest scumbag ever

>>74882857
>expanding on /mu/ being a blindspot itself
I've been in and out of /mu/ for 8+ years
as >>74880257 stated, there use to be this concept of "patrician" music. People would spend lots of time explaining why some albums that no one cared about were patrician as fuck. A particular thread about a swedish (I think) Christian album comes to mind, I lost it along with a whole hard-drive years ago and been looking for it ever since but can't remember anything googleable about it,
Back to the point, the "patrician" mindset encouraged discussion. /mu/tants created their own opinion about a subject and shared it.
Years passed, people got dumber, newfags flooded everything and the concept of patrician evolved into mu-core.
mu-core is basically: this shit is approved
It's a super basic change of paradigm but it totally killed the real /mu/
Instead of having a bunch of people forming opinions and discussing them we now have a bunch of people who is totally ok with being told what to listen to and what to think.
I blame it on millenials raised by Fantano but maybe that's cause I'm an old, grouchy man.

>>74877652 (OP)
They are much better live
https://youtu.be/5sT0WSwgHLc?t=41s
>>
>>74877652
That's an immortal album for sure. It will be remembered for ages and I'd say decades despite the ennui out there and in here trying to downsize their entire career.
Anyway, that's pretty much it. Some late '90s hits.
>>
>>74885448
according to your reasoning, Britney Spear's Hit me baby one more time is legendary.
>>
>>74877652
Frusciante was so above the other three it was getting embarrassing (Flea almost quit a couple of times because Frusciante came up with better bass lines than him). I'm glad John left because he was probably exhausted after writing all the music and overdubbing a billion guitars on Stadium Arcadium. Shit, listening to the guitar tracks alone is sometimes better than hearing Kiedis rap about muh california. Flea is a great technical player, but he always plays the same licks, and Chad is a competent drummer. Now they have Klinghoffer, who is a pretty good player and singer, but he's no songwriting genius, so all their new songs are pretty mediocre and forgettable.
>>
File: Ween-TheMollusk.jpg (25KB, 304x300px) Image search: [Google]
Ween-TheMollusk.jpg
25KB, 304x300px
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.