[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Holy shit, I finally get it. This album finally clicked for me.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

File: Wildflower_Avalanches_cover_art.png (210KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Wildflower_Avalanches_cover_art.png
210KB, 300x300px
Holy shit, I finally get it. This album finally clicked for me.
>>
What is there to "click" with Wildflower? its a pretty straight forward and easily enjoyable album.
>>
I don't get why people need to listen to any album multiple times to get it

If you're paying attention the first time, what would be different?
>>
>>74876359
>>74876366

I originally didn't understand the concept. I just thought it was tons of sampling with light tweaking. I did not appreciate the skill it took to mix these tracks.
>>
>>74876366

sometimes i just don't like an album

i've tried sufjan stevens illinois album since it was released and for the longest time i thought it was quirky bullshit but then i listened a couple of weeks ago and really enjoyed it
>>
mediocre
>>
>>74876366
it really takes at least two listens to get the click moments for some people. the extra time helps commit things to memory and react accordingly
>>
>>74876344
It's fine, nothing can top SILY though, and that's sad :-(
>>
>>74876366
Because the familiarity of a lot music can really increase the enjoyment of it. If i'm trying to get into something new, i'll usually have to listen to albums several times before i start really liking them. I think it pays off.
>>
DONT MAKE ME CLOSE MY EYEEESSS
>>
It's one of those "positive vibes" albums and there are only two times I can truly enjoy it.

1.) When I wake up and feel like it's gonna be a really good day, and some of the airier tracks on Wildflower make everything all the better to embrace that vibe.
2.) When it's 90+ degrees (low-mid 30s or higher for you Euros) and I'm on the beach, drinking >fruity shit out of a fake coconut glass.

Any other time it's not quite as good.
>>
>>74876344
Favorite 2016 album and favorite summercore. What Brian Wilson wishes Smile could have been.
>>
>>74876366
The majority of albums get better for me over time.
I agree that there's not a lot to 'click' on Wildflower, but I found more and more to enjoy each time I listened to it
>>
>>74876444
... have you not listened to since i left you?

get on that
>>
>>74879146
I have, i originally liked it much better
>>
>>74876366
[1]
Most people here don't actually pay full attention. Active listening is fairly rare in my experience.
>>
>>74877713
wow you kind of just explained this all way too perfectly
>>
>>74876344
>it finally clicked
an album made up of fucking childrens music
>>
>>74880357
?
>>
>>74880357
> samples of many sounds from movies, cds, live performances

> childrens music

What did he mean by this?
>>
File: 1490921468375.png (99KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1490921468375.png
99KB, 1000x1000px
>We gonna sing out the letters of the alphabet, and every letter you shout out A to Z
>HARRRMOOOONYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
>>
>>74877713
but I always want positive vibes
Isn't "on the beach drinking fruity shit out of a fake coconut glass" the kind of emotion you'd love to feel daily?
>>
>>74876366
>>74876359
expectations can ruin the experience while listening to music
sometimes it takes a few times to adjust your expectations
>>
>>74881700
Well then maybe this album is the one that would give you that feeling, then! For me, it just doesn't quite do it. Weezer's White Album actually puts me in that mood all the time though... why was 2016 so full of positive vibes?

>>74881127
Best moment on any song from 2016.
>>
>>74876344
>Holy shit, I finally get it. This album finally clicked for me.
>>
File: 1492124294896.jpg (41KB, 585x501px) Image search: [Google]
1492124294896.jpg
41KB, 585x501px
>>74882540
That meme was dead like two weeks after the album released lmao
>>
>>74876444
>>74876366
If it's a sound you're not familiar with it can take a few listens for you to get used to it so then you can start enjoying it. For instance, if you never heard a punk song in your life, listening to a punk album can be pretty off putting at first, even if it's the best Punk album of all time.
>>
>>74882563
>That meme was dead like two weeks after the album released lmao
>>
AAAHHHHHHHHHH
>>
>>74882600
>>74882540
AAAHHHH I remember this meme!
>>
DUDE WEED LMAO
>>74876366
get b8d m8
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.