[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this the most underated album of the decade?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_0902.jpg (288KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0902.jpg
288KB, 1280x1280px
Is this the most underated album of the decade?
>>
No in terms of rap alone that's any Earl Sweat album
>>
>>74876109
Yeah but I don't think people listen to kanye for pure rap. It's more about the production as a whole.

Honesty, I don't think anyone listens for pure rap anymore
>>
Actual criminally underrated album. (if you include bonus tracks)
>>
>>74876109
the more you think about this, the more sense it makes
>>
>>74876084
That's not Yeezus though
>>
File: goncern.jpg (12KB, 253x199px) Image search: [Google]
goncern.jpg
12KB, 253x199px
>>74876346
It was trash anon
>>
>>74876346
That's from last decade
>>
I don't care if it's "ironic", that album cover is literally the worst idea any musician has had this decade.
>>
>>74878028
Guess you still need more time.

>>74878058
Shouldn't we count from 2007 on for a finished decade and all?
>>
>>74876346
I think his rhymes and lines on Relapse are some of his best ever, but damn that accent he does is annoying
>>
Nah, it got rated pretty fairly. That said, I revisited it the other day and I dug it a bit more than usual. I forget just how radiant this album's highs are, even if its lows are just as spectacular.
>>
>>74878398
The most frustrating thing is imagining how much better it'd sound without them.
>>
>>74876084

Fuck no- what are you a pleb?
>>
>>74878205
I think OP meant 2010+ as 'this decade'.

Either way they're both pretty weak albums.
>>
>>74878120
This, also I don't think he was being ironic
>>
>>74879728
He simply copied Madonna.
>>
>>74878120
I really like it
>>
>>74876084
Yes, TLOP is deeper than MBDTF thematically and more abstract than Yeezus. He also gives bars and has a flow reminiscent of his LR days, while still keeping the blunt and engrossing nature of his Yeezus days.
>>
>>74876084
...no. Not in the slightest. It's shit compared to Yeezus.
>>
>>74880132
This. There's so much going on in TLOP. It's unironically one of Kanye's best works.
>>
And I still drove 30 hours.
>>
the only reason it's underrated is because he never fucking released it properly

it's one i've smashed many many times, sung and cried to

i wonder if there were too many hurdles for legal re: samples and this led to the schizo release timeline
>>
its a great album but too inconsistent, some songs i dont like on it, but the good songs are some of the best of his career
>>
>>74880654
there's too much going on though, it's not composed. you can't have no more parties in LA, 30 hours, FML, and Feedback on the same album. they're all great songs on their own, but they don't mess together at all thematically or musically.
>>
NOW IF I FUCK THIS MODEL
>>
>>74882109
Cohesiveness isnt inherently good or bad for me, so I dont see the problem. Though I understand if it turns you off
>>
>>74876084
Yes
>>
why is the first thing I hear on this album an annoying ass screaming child. god kanye sucks

somebody shut that motherfucking kid up jesus

why the fuck would you make people listen to that
>>
>>74882109
wasn't that the point? i'm sure the messiness was intended, i see it as this unconventional sort of collage of an album, in total it's pretty underrated but it's biggest weakness is the lyrical aspect, listening to a beautifully produced track with lyrics about bleached assholes makes you feel pretty retarded
>>
>>74876084
Yes
>>
>>74882240
nah kanye is willing to be crucified for saying exactly what he wants to say how he says it; it's a perk. he says a lot of what he needs to say as a cultural figure, but not everything has a deep meaning behind it. some things really are as simple as 'i like having sex,' and there's nothing wrong with that.
>>
>>74882210
WE DON'T WANT NO DEVILS IN THE HOUSE
>>
>>74882109
>you can't have no more parties in LA, 30 hours, FML, and Feedback on the same album. they're all great songs on their own, but they don't mess together at all thematically or musically.
Well that's just your opinion. I love MBDTF because it feels like a story that goes through the motions perfectly. But I also love TLOP for basically the opposite reason. Like the cover, the album itself is a collage of Kanye's feelings. That's why you can have FML and Real Friends but also have Highlights and I Love Kanye. It works for me, but I could understand why someone wouldn't like it
>>
>>74882380
don't get me wrong, i like the album. it's just not a huge artistic statement. it's some throwaways and filler (quality nonetheless, but still), and top heavy with neo-soul tracks featuring glossy production he should have fleshed out fully. the fact that he didn't have something really focused does highlight the stage of life he's in, but i don't think he did it as a statement in itself. he clearly still has the attention to detail to make a full album of good songs, but maybe not to make a full album showcasing a direction of his own.
>>
rap isn't music
>>
TLOP would've been better if the whole thing sounded like Pt. 1
>>
>>74876084
>>74880132
>>74880654
>>74882285
Literally a 6.5 on a good day
>>
>>74876084
No.
>>
>>74882668
nah thats not underrated or overrated
>>
yeah it's a 9.0
>>
>>74882760
It's a gem in the modern hip hop landscape that's way more than has way more going for it than just nostalgia. It's without a doubt Tribe's best album and that's saying something considering The Low End Theory and Midnight Marauders. The Abstract's lyrics are just as strong as they are subtle and smart. Yet for some reason Life of Pablo got put on second place on the Rolling Stone top rap albums list of 2016 for the dumb reason that it represents how influencial Kanye has become in fashion and pop culture.
>>
>>74882668
Great album, literally can't find anything wrong with it.
>>
>>74876084
Kanye West is garbage.
>>
>>74882919
What he did a lot for hip hop as a genre and commercial appeal, but he's far from ideal now as he fails to keep up with younger artists and actually expressing himself in new and innovating ways.
>>
File: mike jazzclasa.jpg (78KB, 1024x934px) Image search: [Google]
mike jazzclasa.jpg
78KB, 1024x934px
>>74882668
God I hate you fucking pretentious fuckboys who listen to some meme tier rapper's mixtape made in a basement and then go "10/10 perfect album". Fuck you faggots so much.
>>
File: 1504131465708.png (279KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1504131465708.png
279KB, 500x500px
>>74883041
>a tribe called quest
>meme tier rapper's mixtape made in a basement
tasty bait
>>
>>74876084

How tf could it be underrated? It got TONS of hype at release, and every one here in NYC was bumping this album for most of 2016.

TLOP owned 2016.
>>
>>74883081
>muh trube called quest
fuck you fag. You have to hide behind the defense that it's bait because you have no counterargument and just want to shit on me.
>>
>>74882109
>you can't have no more parties in LA, 30 hours, FML, and Feedback on the same album.
uhh, why? youre just saying this, but youre not explaining it, what theme do they each have and why do they collide? parties in LA and 30 hours seem pretty similar to me at least
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.