[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tim Buckley - Goodbye and Hello

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: Goodbye And Hello.jpg (47KB, 500x492px) Image search: [Google]
Goodbye And Hello.jpg
47KB, 500x492px
Any other albums like this? Been listening to it for a long time but I don't really know my way around 60s music.
>>
Self bump
>>
>>74874061
try Townes Van Zandt - Townes Van Zandt
>>
>>74874061
tim buckley is the greatest
listen to the rest of his stuff in order
just gets better and better
(at least to starsailor) - after that gets p shitty
>>
>>74874569
I'll check this out now thanks

>>74874595
I listened up through Greetings from LA a while ago and liked some of them but definitely not Starsailor other than Song to the Siren of course
>>
>>74874595
Happy Sad God Tier
>>
>>74874685
starsailor is an album that takes time to get into, but is probably his masterpiece. it sounds completely timeless and avant garde even now

you would probably like dreamletter live

>>74874704
such a good album
>>
>>74874595
Greetings From L.A. is actually pretty good, but near the level of those preceding it. Everything after that isn't all that good though.
>>
>>74874061
Moondance and Astral Weeks by Van Morrison
>>
I tried listening to Tim Buckley the other day and it just sounded terrible? Like Lorca literally was not enjoyable at all, am I doing it wrong?
>>
>>74874804
do you listen to much other folk or avant garde folk ?
happy sad might be the best way into his music
the things that he's doing in lorca are pretty fucking cool but hard to appreciate at first glance.
driftin' is great maybe try that again
>>
File: TimBuckley9.jpg (58KB, 360x475px) Image search: [Google]
TimBuckley9.jpg
58KB, 360x475px
>>
>>74874817
>>74874817
I listen to a considerable amount of folk, some that could be considered avant garde so that's why I was confused at how I didn't like it. Just didn't really like how that deep voice he does sounded. I'll listen to driftin' now and see if it does anything for me
>>
>>74874735
I'll give it another try sometime then
>>
>>74874804
I had the same experience with Lorca. I then listened to his first albums chronologically and realized he's an amazing artist.
>>
File: TimBuckley8.jpg (36KB, 314x541px) Image search: [Google]
TimBuckley8.jpg
36KB, 314x541px
>>
>>74874061
Goodbye and Hello is probably my favourite Buckley's album, an amazing collection of folk songs.
Try Roy Harper - Stormcock
>>
>>74874569
>>74874685
It was pretty good, some parts reminded me of Bruce Springsteen.

>>74874977
I'll listen to this next
>>
>>74874977
This was also pretty good. I've also heard his song I hate the white man or w/e and that too is amazing
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.