[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Albums that the artist has disowned/denounced

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 167
Thread images: 15

ITT: Albums that the artist has disowned/denounced
>>
Pantera pretend Cowboys from Hell was their first album
>>
RHCP have disowned Mother's Milk (sort of)

KISS used to disown Music From The Elder (they still hate it, but recognize it as part of their catalog now)

Janet Jackson disowns her first two albums

Heart disowned Magazine due to a legal dispute
>>
One I recall was Van Halen III. I remember the band's official website didn't list it in their discography. It just vanished off the face of the earth. I'm sure Eddie would prefer to forget, but everyone else still remembers so why deny it?
>>
>>74873334
I don't think anyone needs to remember the existence of that one.

>>74873316
RHCP disowned One Hot Minute, I thought?
>>
bork
>>
I know the Clash disowned Cut The Crap and Emmylou Harris disowned Gilded Bird. I also recall that Tori Amos disowned Y Kan't Tori Read and those Alanis Morissette teenybopper albums.

Sometimes I think they're disowned because they were of an abortive launch in a different style, or they were a band trying to live on a name after too many membership changes, an ill-advised reunion, or because they only came out due to some contractual obligation crap.
>>
>>74873367
>>74873316
RHCP pretends everything before Californication besides BSSM's hits and Me and My Friends doesn't exist.
>>
First three Kraftwerk efforts. Very different stuff to the bouncy disco most folks know. Much more industrial and dark sort of sound.
>>
Squeeze, particularly Glenn Tilbrook, disown the song "853-5937." I rather like that song.

And Al Jourgensen of Ministry disowns With Sympathy. Sure, some of the songs are goofy (like "What He Say"), but it's one of my favorite '80s new wave albums.
>>
>>74873316
>KISS used to disown Music From The Elder (they still hate it, but recognize it as part of their catalog now)

A lot of their fans also hate it, and I can see why. It's really nothing like you'd expect a KISS record to sound, kind of a moody concept album produced by Bob Ezrin and Lou Reed even collaborated on it--there's moody ballads along with the more rocking numbers. The album completely bombed and didn't even go gold, the only KISS release to flop this hard.
>>
File: Manicstreetpreachers_lifeblood.png (50KB, 308x308px) Image search: [Google]
Manicstreetpreachers_lifeblood.png
50KB, 308x308px
>>74873267
and it's one of their better efforts too
>>
File: 81wn5pg842L._SL1406_.jpg (457KB, 1406x1406px) Image search: [Google]
81wn5pg842L._SL1406_.jpg
457KB, 1406x1406px
>>74873267
obvs
>>
Elton John disowned Leather Jackets, it was his only album to not get remastered, which is understandable because it's complete garbage, yet somehow the equally terrible Fire & Ice made it through.
>>
>>74873537
And yet, Victim of Love not only stayed in print, it got remasters sold outside of the US. Why.
>>
>>74873537
LJ is indeed a horrible, horrible album although I kind of like Ice on Fire. Did Elton ever say anything about VOL, which is widely considered a career low? I wouldn't doubt if he's disowned that one, I also wouldn't be surprised if it never got a CD release.
>>
>>74873535
Mostly creep
>>
>>74873553
>Did Elton ever say anything about VOL, which is widely considered a career low? I wouldn't doubt if he's disowned that one, I also wouldn't be surprised if it never got a CD release.

Victim of Love did actually get CD releases in some countries if you can believe it.
>>
Roger Waters and I think Dave Gilmour have both snubbed Atom Heart Mother, I remember reading somewhere that Waters said all the money in the world couldn't convince him to play any of those songs live.
>>
>>74873334
They got some hits off VH3, did they not? I recall it wasn't a total flop.
>>
>>74873574
Thats retarded
>>
Alice Cooper didn't airbrush his first two albums out of history, but he doesn't really go out of his way to draw attention to them either and I don't think he ever played anything from them live after 1971.
>>
>>74873535
Jonny said it was underrated
>>74873529
It actually is quite misunderstood i think. I mean i love it at least
>>
>>74873574
>>74873599
Dave Gilmour has indeed been scathing about Atom Heart Mother as well; I recall an interview wherein he dismissed it as amateurish tosh and wonders what they could have been thinking. Which just goes to show that you can't trust artists to have proper perspective on their work - IMHO, Atom is probably their best album.
>>
>>74873613
Well Jonny is the best member, so of course hes patrician
>>
>>74873614
I wpuldnt say best but top 5 for sure alongside Meddle Animals and Piper
>>
Mick Jagger really doesn't think much of Between The Buttons, he's said that Backstreet Girl was the only good song on there.
>>
RHCP want nothing to do with One Hot Minute, a shame because I think it's one of their best.
>>
Ozzy has disowned a few of his..The Ultimate Sin and Speak Of The Devil(Live Set). Quite silly to be sure..and replacing bass and drums on the earlier Randy Rhodes stuff is just...what.
>>
The Lemonheads never, ever play anything from their first two albums (the punk rock ones).

Goo Goo Dolls also haven't played anything from their first two albums since the early 90s although I don't know if you can say they disowned them per se.
>>
Until fairly recently and certainly during their 80s-early 90s heyday, the Scorpions pretended that all pre-Lovedrive albums didn't exist.
>>
>>74873405
>I also recall that Tori Amos disowned Y Kan't Tori Read

Technically it was a band and not a solo act, but it should count, most of her fans wouldn't want anything to do with that material either, although it is pretty funny in an absurdly goofy, over-the-top 80s way.
>>
Oasis disown every album they release, except for their debut "Definitely Maybe." Doesn't say much about the talent of the band when they spend years trying to surpass their first album.
>>
>>74873535
Not true, Johnny said it was pretty underrated. It's pretty good alt rock.
>>
Kraftwerk- everything before autobahn
>>
As someone else said, Alanis Morrisette has dismissed those early teenybopper albums of hers, although I think she has played a song from one of them live recently.
>>
John Lennon disowned Sgt. Pepper and Magical Mystery Tour saying they were both utter crap, and that, at the time The Beatles were full of themselves as well as every drug they could get their hands on.
>>
File: zenyatta mondatta.jpg (10KB, 225x224px) Image search: [Google]
zenyatta mondatta.jpg
10KB, 225x224px
Sting has said everything but the two singles and Driven to Tears were rubbish. All three have expressed disappointment over it and tried to re-record both Don't Stand So Close To Me and De Do Do Do. Yet, according to the fans, it's their best effort and my personal favorite of theirs as well.
>>
Disown may be too strong a word, but whenever Licensed to Ill comes up in an interview, the Beastie Boys seem to try to steer the conversation away from it as quickly as possible and seem embarrassed when they do talk about it (as some proof of that attitude, none of their subsequent albums sound anything like it).
>>
Eminem has written off Relapse and to an extent Encore.
>>
Debbie Harry has never said anything good about The Hunter.
>>
>>74873876
No but Chris Stein seems to like The Hunter and they've also played Orchid Club live fairly frequently (although a lot differently than how it sounds on the album).
>>
>>74873438
Man, I wish they'd finally remaster those albums.
>>
>>74873704
I wouldn't say denounced per say, Tori has never actually tried to airbrush that album from history and has played parts of it live over the years. Back in the 90s however, Atlantic made a very concerted marketing effort to act like Little Earthquakes was her inaugural release, and she has taken issue with the marketing/image/cover art/production of YKTR, and it's not hard to see why. The name, production, and cover are embarrassing, but the songs themselves aren't that bad.
>>
>>74873316
>Janet Jackson disowns her first two albums
Is there any reason in particular other than that they generated no major hits?
>>
>>74873857
He's definitely rejected Infinite and says he doesn't want to ever see it re-released. He really hadn't found his signature style yet and the production is more R&B than he became known for.
>>
St. Anger
>>
The Who used to act like A Quick One was their debut album and brush off My Generation, possibly because it was more R&B and not as rock as they later became, and they were trying to shed that Mod image.
>>
>>74873267
Yeah Priest definitely denounced this one except for "Never Satisfied". The mixing was gruesome and the songs just feel like 70s rock cliches with no unique sound of their own.
>>
I think it's a shame that Bob Seger rejects any of his pre-1975 material back when he actually rocked instead of doing MOR garbage.
>>
Gerald Casale has pretty much disowned all post-1982 Devo, although he said that Shout had some good songs before they went overboard with the Fairlight.

Kate Bush doesn't exactly disown her "Lionheart" album, as she said it still turned out good considering the fact that she had to rush it, but she thinks it's her weakest album. She hates the quasi title-track "Oh England My Lionheart", though: she has said it makes her "want to die".
>>
I thought Jewel had said she doesn't think Pieces of You was that good.
>>
>>74874044
Really? Wow. I don't remember ever hearing her complain about the album. Source?
>>
>>74873942
I think it was because she was pretty much just a kid at the time and she didn't write or produce any of the songs herself. Starting with the appropriately-titled "Control", she began handling the songwriting/production.
>>
Bad Religion kinda disowned their second album "Into the Unknown". To this day it has never been reissued.

Damon Albarn once stated that Blur's debut album Leisure was awful. It's a meh album but it could have been a GOAT 5/6 songs EP.
>>
>>74874031
>Kate Bush doesn't exactly disown her "Lionheart" album, as she said it still turned out good considering the fact that she had to rush it, but she thinks it's her weakest album. She hates the quasi title-track "Oh England My Lionheart", though: she has said it makes her "want to die".
Sauce?
>>
>>74874056
I think right after her second album, Spirit, came out, which was more mature and cohesive, she might have thought POY was a little underwhelming, but she certainly seems very proud of the album nowadays and has always performed at least 1-2 of its songs at every concert she does.
>>
>>74874076
The exact quote is from a 1993 interview:

Q: Which of your old songs make you wince?

A: My God, loads. Absolutely loads. Either the lyric's not thought out properly or it's just crap or the performances weren't well executed. But you have to get it in context. You were doing it at the time and it was the best you could do then. You've got to live with it. Some of those early songs though, you think, What was I thinking about? Did I write that?

Q: Like what?

A: I can't name one. There's not just one. There's too many to mention. But I was very young, so I can be gentle on myself for that. Having said that, I think some of my lyrics were just, well, mad really. And why not! You've got to be prepared to fail and get a bit hurt or bruised along the way.

Q: As someone who's written a very stirring song about England (Oh England My Lionheart), will you always be happiest here?

A: (Astonished) Do you like that one? That's one of the ones I meant. It makes me just want to die. There's just something about that time. It's such an old song. Ooh God, I haven't heard it for so long. Must have been on tour in 1979.
>>
Cyndi Lauper has called album #3 "A Night To Forget".
>>
Two of the album's three singles made the top 10 on the Billboard chart, the album itself crashed and burned. If you haven't listened to VH3, do yourself a favor and don't.
>>
>>74873517
Yeh it's way too art rock-y and Gene and Paul have said they hate pretentious music and that rock and roll should be simple, direct, and fun.
>>
>>74873304
I know, right? Vinnie Paul won't consent to rereleasing those 80s albums at all.
>>
>>74873428
I don't get it either, they're always talking about Hillel Slovak yet they won't play anything from the EMI era live.
>>
I think Van Morrison has denounced more than half his entire discography.
>>
>>74874189
When you have 142,000 albums spanning six decades, inevitably you'll produce a few lemons.
>>
>>74874146

>Van Halen III
>it's actually their 11th album
>>
>>74873629
>>74874175
I heard they don't play those songs because it doesn't fit their style anymore or some shit like that, though recently they actually played Aeroplane in some of their shows of the current tour.
>>
>>74873574
Just goes to show how much of a hack they both are
>>
>>74874210
They didn't play OHM stuff after 1997 because John Frusciante wanted nothing to do with those songs and he says he won't listen to that album either because "It's the equivalent of watching someone else fucking your ex-girlfriend".

Having said that, since he left, they have played Aeroplane a few times. Other than that, Pea is the only OHM song to remain in the setlist post-1997.
>>
ELP--Love Beach
>>
File: images (2).jpg (14KB, 383x384px) Image search: [Google]
images (2).jpg
14KB, 383x384px
It's not even that bad
>>
Deftones rarely ever play stuff from self titled or Saturday Night Wrist live, probably because it brings back bad times for the band

Omar Rodriguez-Lopez once said that he can't listen to Relationship of Command because of how overproduced it is
>>
Mick Jagger has kind of disowned Exile on Main Street for being too long and not having enough variance in its sound.
>>
>>74873267
am i the only one who enjoyed rocka rolla
>>
Bad Religion released a 'prog-influenced' album called Into the Unknown, which they later disavowed.
>>
Roger Daltrey said that It's Hard was just a wrapper for a hit single.
>>
Some solo career Ringo Starr albums were never reissued on CD, I know that Bad Boy wasn't and Old Wave didn't even get released in North America.
>>
Alice Cooper's early 80s period. He's completely disowned those albums and doesn't even remember making them.
>>
>>74873438
Those first three Kraftwerk records never actually existed, they're just an urban legend. Trust me, Ralf said so. :^)
>>
>>74874720
Bad Boy did come out on CD. Also Old Wave did get an eventual US release under the Right Stuff label, although the original 1983 LP never made it here.
>>
Billy Joel has criticized Cold Spring Harbor, The Bridge, and Streetlife Serenade.

Elton John dislikes Caribou and says his 90s output was mostly forgettable.
>>
U2 seem to not like Pop very much which is strange because it's the last album of theirs worth owning.
>>
>>74874749
IIRC he spent most of the early 80s in an alcoholic haze and those albums sold about 10 copies. I think he dislikes that period more because it reminds him of substance abuse than because the albums themselves were bad, in fact I recall him saying Dada was the scariest record he ever made. It's a weird album but p. good.
>>
Hall & Oates ignore their 1977 release "Beauty On A Back Street," pretending it doesn't even exist. Who knows why? My dad saw them live once and after the show, Daryl Hall was doing autograph signings and he asked him to sign his copy of BOABS and he just said some nasty remark about the thing.
>>
>>74874447
>>74874517
>artist makes their best work but disavows it
But why?
>>
Check it out https://soundcloud.com/wordplay904
>>
Stevie Nicks disowned Street Angel, rightfully so because it's an astonishingly boring album.
>>
>>74874865
I think they dislike War Babies as well?
>>
>>74874890
H&O weren't crazy about War Babies for a long time, but they seem to be cool with it now and the box set even had some nice comments about some of its songs while BOABS has just...been completely excised from their canon altogether. It's not in the box set and the booklet included with the thing didn't even list it in their discography.
>>
>>74873405
>and those Alanis Morissette teenybopper albums

She's played Too Hot live from time to time and a 2004 music video included clips from some early 90s vids.
>>
>>74873304
>>74874167
I don't get it either. That first album came out before Kill Em All, Dime was still in high school at the time. I think they took it too seriously when people would jibe about them being a former hair metal band. I mean, thrash metal didn't even exist yet.
>>
File: 220px-Ykanttoriread.jpg (12KB, 220x218px) Image search: [Google]
220px-Ykanttoriread.jpg
12KB, 220x218px
So what exactly does this thing sound like anyway?
>>
>>74873574
"Atom Heart Mother is a good case, I think, for being thrown into the dustbin and never listened to by anyone ever again... It was pretty kind of pompous, it wasn't really about anything." —Roger Waters, Rock Over London Radio, March 15, 1985

"I wouldn't dream of performing anything that embarrassed me. If somebody said to me now, 'Right, here's a million pounds, go out and play Atom Heart Mother,' I'd say: 'You must be fucking joking. I'm not playing that rubbish!'" —Roger Waters, BBC Radio 1, June 9, 1984

"Atom Heart Mother was a good idea, but it was dreadful. I listened to that album recently. God, it's shit, possibly our lowest point artistically." —David Gilmour, Mojo, 2001.
>>
>>74874967
It's really shitty synthpop.
>>
>>74874749
He didn't disown them, but he's kind of disowned the first two albums. Admittedly the band hadn't found their sound yet, but the energy and experimentation on them is cool.
>>
I think I remember reading somewhere that Tony Iommi said Dehumanizer was the one album he's recorded that he really wishes had never happened.
>>
Paradise Lost seem to disown their albums from Host to self titled
>>
>>74874944
Their whole shtick from Vulgar Display onwards was being anti-trend so it's pretty easy to see why they'd never acknowledge it.
>>
Carl Palmer has said that ELP only made a couple of decent records. Rick Wakeman said that Tales From Topographic Oceans is like a woman wearing a padded bra--"It looks great from the surface, but when you peel it off there's nothing there."
>>
Lita Ford has trashed her "comeback" album Wicked Wonderland, saying it was the idea of her control freak ex.
>>
Whenever Gerald Casale is asked about Shout, the blood drains from his face.
>>
>>74875024
Really. I'd think if anything, he'd want to curl up and die when Forbidden is mentioned.
>>
Not really an album but David Bowie disavowed his "Thin White Duke" persona because it was when he was a coke-addicted nazi. It was also when he released his best work.
>>
>>74873646
The Ultimate Sin is fine as far as the songwriting and the band's playing was ace, but Ron Nevison was clearly the wrong guy to be producing a metal album, he made the thing sound like Starship or Journey.
>>
Elton John said he couldn't even remember the name of The Big Picture until looking it up. He said in one interview "That's the classic example of an album you make for no reason at all except for the sheer sake of making an album."
>>
>>74873267
frippster called lizard unlistenable
>>
>>74875197
Ozzy calls that one "The Ultimate Din". It's been out of print in the US since 1995 and was excluded from the 2002 remasters effort. So was "Speak of the Devil", another album he's dismissed.
>>
>>74875225
You sure you don't mean Leather Jackets?
>>
It's safe to say that Weird Al will never consider "Peter and the Wolf" as part of his catalog.
>>
>>74875276
Lyl maybe. When you have 120,000 albums like Elton John does, it's pretty easy to get them mixed up with one another.
>>
>>74873716
They've only disowned Be Here Now. In fact, most band members seem to prefer some the later work to DM and MG.
>>
>>74874871
To be fair, Mick Jagger has criticized almost every Stones album at one point or another and BTB was recorded at a really awful time for the band, he probably can't separate the music from the chaos.
>>
>>74875262
IIRC he also didn't like Bark at the Moon?
>>
>>74874749
>>74874846

Flush The Fashion is his best solo album.
>>
st.anger and LULU
>>
>>74874926
Yeah Alanis has not exactly denounced those early albums or pretended they didn't exist, besides one of them sold over 200,000 copies which would be pretty hard to cover up. She said one time "It's not like I'm ashamed of that music, I mean I wasn't doing a Playboy photo shoot or anything like that, there's nothing to hide."
>>
>>74874967
Cool On Your Island is a neat one, she's played it live from time time over the years.
>>
John Mellencamp won't even talk about his first "Johnny Cougar" LP.
>>
Queen's 'Hot Space' took flak. It wasn't entirely rubbish but it was getting further away from what made them great in the first place. There was no going back after this one.
>>
Risk--Dave Mustaine said he thinks it shouldn't have been released under the Megadeth name.
>>
How about Quiet Riot's two Japan-only releases prior to Metal Health?
>>
>>74875225
>>74875315
Victim of Love is the one and only of his albums that he's never played anything from live, except a TV appearance in Europe once where he did Johnny B. Goode.
>>
The Motley Crue S/T with John Corabi. It might have turned off their established fans at the time, but it was a really good alternative rock album and showcased a lot more maturity.
>>
>>74875571
They've never denounced this record or said it was crap, they just didn't perform any of its songs live after Vince Neil came back because he couldn't sing John Corabi's vocals.
>>
>>74874820
The Edge seems to think it's fine, maybe not the other guys.
>>
File: bjork1977.jpg (278KB, 600x606px) Image search: [Google]
bjork1977.jpg
278KB, 600x606px
Also there's this on It's Oh So Quiet

>It was sort of a joke really. It was a song Guy Sigsworth used to play on the bus when we were touring. Ever since, I almost regret doing it bacuse I wanted to put so much importance on making new music. So many people are doing old music and you’ve even got new bands doing old music. If I put something out in this world, it would be the courage to go ahead and invent things, so it’s ironic ’It’s Oh So Quiet became my biggest song. The best bit was the video.

Bowie knew NLMD and Tonight were bad, called this period his "Phil Collins years." He really likes some of the songs but he didn't like the way they were produced, there's a great version of Loving The Alien he does on the Reality tour saying it's the way it probably always should've been done.
>>
>>74875352
Too many keyboards and he thinks they recorded it too soon after Randy Rhodes's death.
>>
File: 1987_nlmd_cvr_800sq.jpg (81KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1987_nlmd_cvr_800sq.jpg
81KB, 500x500px
>>74875761
Never let me down is one of the only albums I've ever heard that's bad in a way that's really funny, every time I think about it I laugh. Bowie is such an amazing musician but it's so fucking bad and corny, just look at the fucking cover
>>
>>74875938

Yeah people always bring up Reality in bad album covers threads but this is much worse.
>>
File: FANFARE-FOR-THE-COMIC-MUSE.jpg (102KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
FANFARE-FOR-THE-COMIC-MUSE.jpg
102KB, 650x650px
Neil Hannon disregards his debut because it's bland R.E.M. worship and completely different from their orchestral pop stuff
>>
>>74873529
They should disown everything after Everything Must Go
>>
>>74873716
If I was them I'd have disowned all my albums, sold my guitar and become a postman
>>
>>74874979
>possibly our lowest point artistically
>this is the man who led the band into A Momentary Lapse of Reason
how can someone have such bad taste in their own work?
>>
>>74873716
It's part of their marketing schtick.

>Oh that last album was rubbish, pay no heed to that. We're getting back to our roots on the new album.
>>
File: never let me down.jpg (54KB, 500x494px) Image search: [Google]
never let me down.jpg
54KB, 500x494px
>>74875196
bowie probably only made up the coke shit because people got mad at his nazi larping.

Pic related is what bowie regrets

loving the alien is still a breddy good song i think, but the production on the album is like you injected pure strain 1980's into your veins
>>
File: christgau1med.jpg (18KB, 400x266px) Image search: [Google]
christgau1med.jpg
18KB, 400x266px
Atom Heart Mother [Harvest, 1970]

Believe it or not, the, er, suite on the first side is easier to take than the, gawd, songs on the second. Yeah, they do leave the singing to an anonymous semi-classical chorus, and yeah, they probably did get the horns for the fanfares at the same hiring hall. But at least the suite provides a few of the hypnotic melodies that made Ummagumma such an admirable record to fall asleep to. D+
>>
Jeff Lynne pretty much ignores the last 3 ELO albums in interviews (losing interest in ELO around that time, only put out for contractual reasons), but to me, they're the most enjoyable material he's put out.
>>
Bjork kinda denounced Volta because she expressed distaste for it before
>>
Neil Young--Time Fades Away which he won't reissue.
>>
Doesn't Radiohead hate everything before Kid A except for some of OK Computer's songs and like two from The Bends? I'd fucking kill for them to play Electioneering, Trickster and Faithless, The Wonder Boy live again but they really seem to despise any song not named "Paranoid Android" that involves Jonny Greenwood playing a fuckdamned solo
>>
Has really no one mentioned Velvet Underground's Squeeze??
>>
Lou Reed kind of dismissed Sally Can't Dance because he was very busy at the time and only contributed lyrics/vocals while having no other part in the production or anything else.
>>
>>74876482

Yeah she thought it was "okay" She really likes the live versions though.
>>
>>74876486
I don't think 1974 on the whole was a good year for him. He's also said his good 80s material could fit on one album.
>>
After Prince became a Jehovah's Witness, he disowned most all of his great, sex-charged funk numbers.
>>
I think I've heard Dr. Dre dismiss the two N.W.A. releases after Ice Cube had left the group, "100 Miles and Runnin'" and "Efil4zaggin," but both are filled with some of the most powerful tracks Dre's done in his whole career.
>>
>>74876497

Probably because it was well known at the time it wasn't a VU album and the record company essentially forced Doug to make it.

I also think it's fairly underrated. It's just bad because it was released as a Velvet Underground album.
>>
>>74876497
Haven't listened to this but wasn't this just a solo album by some literal who somehow got the rights to TVU's name?
>>
>>74876332
I don't understand why Waters and Gilmour dismiss the pre-DSOTM material either. It's a lot more interesting and mysterious than the commercial plebcore they did >1972.
>>
>>74876595
One thing I've learned is that a lot of artists often fail to appreciate their own work when they should and too often tend to rate an album by how much money it made them or the amount of radio play it got. For example, David Bowie was notorious for this as is Paul McCartney.
>>
Korn hates their self titled debut album right? All that shit about Jonathan's babysitter touching his wenie, I believe the only song they actively kept playing live prior to the album's 20th anniversary was Shoots And Ladders
>>
>>74876593

The literal who was Doug Yule...
>>
I don't think autechre likes their first two, which is crazy to me
>>
>>74876486
wut, its probably in his top 10 of all albums. He should disown anything done past he year 2000
>>
File: Download (18).jpg (9KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
Download (18).jpg
9KB, 225x225px
>Ctrl+F
>No Weezer
>>
>>74875155
Interestingly enough, Iommi seems to think the songwriting and playing on Forbidden were fine, only that the production was shit. He claims they originally had a much rawer mix than the slick hair metal-like sound they got.
>>
Cher has criticized a whole bunch of her hits and hates performing them live.
>>
>>74876644
They only said they were cheesy. They still play tracks from their first 3 albums during their mixsets.
>>
>>74876486
Heart of Gold was played at every show he did until 1976 when he dropped the song and wouldn't play it anymore. I guess he just got sick of it.
>>
Madonna: "I'm not sure I could ever sing 'Holiday' or 'Like a Virgin' again unless somebody paid me $30 million or something. And I love how when you're out shopping or in a restaurant and people come up to you and think you want to hear your own songs. It's usually 'Like a Virgin' and it's usually the one I don't want to hear."
>>
Lyl Lady Gaga now admits that Telephone was shit, both the song itself and the music video.
>>
>>74874631
It is not a "classic" like the most of their 1970s output, but it is perfectly enjoyable.
>>
Underworld consider their first two albums (which were synthpoppy electrofunk, opposed to the techno/trance they are widely known for today) to be by a completely separate entity.
>>
>>74873574
speaking of roger, he also disowned radio kaos, which was a good move desu
>>
About the shitty mixing on Rocka Rolla, Rob Halford said that "We had no idea what we were doing. I recall we sat in the studio, played, and watched as they moved around knobs on a mixing board. We were so in awe of Rodger Bain because he'd produced Black Sabbath that we were afraid to say anything. I don't know what happened with the mix, it sounded so weak and thin. And I remember we played _loud_."
>>
>>74876590
definitely yeah I completely agree it's a pretty good album, but it doesn't live up to the vu name at all
>>
>>74876766
I completely agree with them on that. Incunabula and Amber are pretty heavily rooted in that early 90s ambient techno sound,and tracks like Silverside lay on the cheesiness pretty thick, but if I'd never heard Tri Repetae, I could probably be convinced it came out recently.
Thread posts: 167
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.