[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Starting my last year of college here, been frequenting this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_3426.jpg (60KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3426.jpg
60KB, 800x450px
Starting my last year of college here, been frequenting this board for at least 5 years now

I've been thinking about getting old and what it's been doing to my taste/approach to music

How do I stay relevant? How do I avoid the meme curse of dad rock? I don't want want to fall into the trap of growing conplacent, but it feels like every generation is doomed to do so.

I'm still 21 right now, but I know I won't be that way forever. I don't want to turn into that shirtless old guy in the middle of a mosh pit pretending not to notice the age differences at shows, how can I navigate this going forward?? Any advice/discussion is appreciated
>>
>I've been thinking about getting old
>I'm still 21 right now
there's nothing you can do
>>
Although if you really want to then I guess the best you can do is live in a large city and don't get married or at least don't have children.
>>
In 10 years music won't mean shit to you anyway. You'll be too busy starting your life, career, relationships, children, etc etc. It's a self-correcting problem. Unless you decide to be a manchild and never grow up. In which case, just develop some social savvy by the time you're 25 or so and don't make music your identity. Easy.
>>
>>74871901
>>How do I stay relevant? How do I avoid the meme curse of dad rock?
If you are a millenial or Gen Z this won't happen. Rampant consumer culture and superficiality of human interaction have made it so that cultural nostalgia won't be a thing for us like it was got the Boomers and Gen Xers.
>>
>>74871975
Huh, doesn't this worry you though? I mean, don't you want to discover something early on that will mean the world to you for the rest of your life?

If every passion is doomed to die within 10 years, what's the fucking point
>>
what the fuck kind of person listens to music because it gives them an identity instead of to enjoy it? why would you care about this at all? you're basically saying you're worried that what you enjoy might no longer be accepted by who? /mu/?

>21
that explains it
>>
>>74871994
I'm 30, so this is old news for me. Yeah, it sucks, but it's life. Get used to it.
>>
File: 1503964473100.jpg (59KB, 716x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1503964473100.jpg
59KB, 716x1024px
>OLD MAN TAKE A LOOK AT MY LIFE IM A LOT LIKE YOU

>I NEED SOMEONE TO LOVE ME THE WHOLE WAY THROUGH
>>
>>74871901
You don't, you embrace it. Dad rock is rad anon, admit it.
>>
>>74871987
Fuck off Carles
>>
>>74871994
>what's the fucking point
there is none
>>
>>74871901
ask your senator to loby for stem cell and genetic research. We can almost reverse the process of being a faggot
>>
>>74871994
>If every passion is doomed to die within 10 years, what's the fucking point
So, are you going to lose a passion for life and kill yourself in 10 years? And it's not just you who has that passion. What you'e proposing is ridiculous.
>>
>>74874661
What you're*
>>
>>74872048
Pack it in OP, it's over.
/thread
>>
>>74871975
>In 10 years music won't mean shit to you anyway.
How do you know this? Provide a source. And what do you know, there are those rare and weird people called musicians. Really takes the ol' noggin for a joggin', doesn't it?
>>
>>74872079
>Yeah, it sucks, but it's life. Get used to it.
No, do your best to make your life the exact opposite of that.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.