[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Smashing pumpkins thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

Smashing pumpkins thread
>>
no thanks
>>
most overrated band of all fucking time. they honestly fucking suck

>shit singing
>shit lyrics
>boring guitar work
>wrote one of the worst songs of all time in Disarm

yeah no thanks
>>
Best band of the 90s

>>74869110
lol, not even worth arguing about. You're a shit taste pleb.
>>
>>74869110
soma ? and amazing guitar work
>>
>>74869173
>Best band of the 90s

HAHAHA, yeah, I'M the one with shit taste. Whatever helps you sleep at night kiddo. Have fun listening to the same octave chords run through the same big muff for like every single fucking song this shit band ever made
>>
>>74869151
desu worst song on gish
>>
File: d'arcy.gif (968KB, 244x312px) Image search: [Google]
d'arcy.gif
968KB, 244x312px
>>74869084
90s D'arcy was so fucking cute.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-_Q8znGMRg
>>
>>74869207
stfu songs like
geek u.s.a
soma
luna
sweet sweet
a girl named sandoz
i am one
crush
rhinoceros
and wayyy more are better than the shit you listen to
>>
>>74869200
>amazing guitar work

do you play guitar?? corgan is one of the shittiest guitarists I have ever heard front a major band ever. Like I said here >>74869207 almost every song they fucking do is octave chords through a big muff pedal. If this qualifies as AMAZING to you then holy fuck heaven forbid you listen to some fucking Hendrix, I'm afraid your mind might melt.
>>
>>74869230
darcy was the highlight of that show i hated adore
-_-
also this album
>>
>>74869241
i do play guitar actually and can play all of siamese dream
corgan layered up to 50 tracks of guitar on single songs and used way more than just a big muff
KILL YOURSELF
>>
>>74869241
Rock music doesn't need technical complexity to be good. Its fun music for teenagers, nor high art. Corgan is a great songwriter, which is more important. What was the better band, the Beatles or whatever band that Swedish guy with the hard to spell name was in? Regardless, Chamberlin is a pretty great drummer.
>>
>>74869241
lol, fucking kys
>>
>>74869318
chamberlin is an amazing drummer and corgan is an amazing guitarist and highly underated just listen to soma
>>
File: adore.jpg (88KB, 564x564px) Image search: [Google]
adore.jpg
88KB, 564x564px
>>74869257
I lost the fucking tape.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uWwvQKGjLI
>>
>>74869345
cool man i used to have mellon collie and it broke in my book bag i was pissed
<mfw 6 grade plebs destroy my favorite album
>>
>>74869358
>mfw i didnt green text
>>
>>74869289
>i do play guitar actually and can play all of siamese dream
Off course you can just like any other fucking middle schooler because the whole album is one basic ass technique repeated over and over and over for every fucking song

>corgan layered up to 50 tracks of guitar on single songs
Well that's just embarrassingly unnecessary if it's true, which I highly doubt.

>KILL YOURSELF
It's never been more embarassingly obvious of the fact that I'm arguing with an underaged

>>74869318
>Rock music doesn't need technical complexity to be good
Of course not. I don't believe it does. I was simply arguing the fact that the other poster said Billy was an amazing guitarist, when I think it's pretty obvious to anyone who knows their shit that he's a pretty huge hack.

I do think the guitar work is so boring that it's distracting when I listen to their music, however. I also think that Billy's vocals and lyrics are god awful. And I think Disarm is one of the worst songs ever written.
>>
>>74869458
>sure im underaged
reported. now you can take your shit music away from this board, thanks.
>>
File: 1504068382728.jpg (240KB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
1504068382728.jpg
240KB, 2048x1365px
Siamese Dream and Pisces Iscariot are miraculous. No idea what happened after that, Mellon Collie is so fucking shockingly average for "the album that defined the 90s", but it certainly has its moments (Thirty-Three, By Starlight, 1979). Set The Ray To Jerry is my personal favorite.
>>
>>74869458
I can't beleve people still unironically use the word ecstasy
>>
>>74869151
>Been thinking about Daydream lately
Check out the acoustic version
>>
As a wrestling fan my experience with billy corgan is enjoying his music and the mighty saga of him trying to buy TNA wrestling from a southern debutante
>>
>>74869084
Finally we have one of these!
I'd just like to say I think their work outside of Siamese Dream and Mellon Collie is way underrated. Gish is good, Adore is great, and Machina is alright.
Not to mention, The Tale of Dusty and Pistol Pete and Try, Try, Try are two of the best songs ever written.
Even though Billy is a real ass, no one writes romantic songs like him.
Spin his records and you'll get any girl.
>>
Sd is quite literally perfect.
>>
>>74870774
try listening to Machina II. it's by far their most overlooked work IMO
>>
File: 2010-10-11-Malkmus.jpg (55KB, 460x320px) Image search: [Google]
2010-10-11-Malkmus.jpg
55KB, 460x320px
What exactly was his beef?
>>
I had this funny dream where I was gonna go to a Smashing Pumpkins concert that was playing at my old university's theatre. I was in my dorm room doing line after line of coke to get pumped up and have a good time but I just kept doing coke instead of going. Anyway I finally was like fuck, I've been doing coke for a long time. So I went to the theatre, which was next door. There it was revealed that it was just Corgan with a drum machine and a headset microphone. And it was like this Nicolas jarr show I went to earlier last month. Anyways he was closing with 1979 and running around and through the crowd. It was lit tho.
>>
i want soma and/or mayonaise and/or 1979 played at my funeral
>>
>>74869084
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4vCTat6SL4

little hidden gem
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.