[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's with the line through 18 khz?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

File: Capture.png (666KB, 925x540px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
666KB, 925x540px
What's with the line through 18 khz?
>>
I don't know
>>
That kind of thing happens a lot, generally it's from the recording gear and it wasn't loud enough for anyone to notice when mixing.
>>
>>74869070
why not
>>
i think thats the peak, music generally doesnt go past that line or else it'll sound really loud
>>
>>74869115
This is a spectrogram, genius.
>>
>>74869063
upscale/transcode
>>
>>74869330
transcoding doesn't add things like that, it's obviously in the original recording
>>
>>74869063
High pass filter on part of the mix, most likely.

I know you guys think preserving the entire spectrum of inaudible junk up to 37 khz is desirable, but there's actually a lot of situations where engineers deliberately constrain the upper end. Frequencies in the upper spectrum of human hearing are usually pretty unpleasant to listen to.
>>
>>74869364
>High pass filter on part of the mix, most likely.
how the fuck does that make any sense?

a highpass filter isn't going to add a constant tone at 18 kHz
>>
>>74869063
Is that Take a Bow by Muse? I'm really asking. Perhaps is something like that. Listen to Muse - Take a Bow, they have some sort of synth way up high.
>>
>>74869063
It's there to piss off everyone who isn't an old fart who can't hear 18K
>>
>>74869092
This is the most likely answer
>>
>>74869063
>intro
>verse
>chorus
>verse
>chorus
>bridge
>chorus
>outro
Song looks boring desu.
>>
>>74869432
I don't think you know how high 18khz is
>>
>>74869063
intentional artistic liberty taken by the recording artist
>>
>>74869395
Not him but the plugin might've added it in
>>
>>74869432
I think I do. Have you heard the song while paying attention?
>>
>>74869522
Meant to quote

>>74869469
>>
>>74869487
No. That's not how filtering works.
>>
>>74869395
That doesn't have to be a constant tone. The spectrogram is a visualizer. If there's a component of the mix with an 18 khz wall it may have just built the visualization that way.

If that's a rip rather than the original CD track, there's also a strong possibility it's just circuit crosstalk from the computer used for the rip and wasn't actually present in the original.
>>
>>74869630
>That doesn't have to be a constant tone. The spectrogram is a visualizer. If there's a component of the mix with an 18 khz wall it may have just built the visualization that way.

Okay, no. A spectrogram doesn't take artistic license. There are different ways to display it (frame size, window function, interpolation between frames, gain, etc.) but it doesn't do shit like that. That's obviously a constant 18 kHz tone.

>If that's a rip rather than the original CD track, there's also a strong possibility it's just circuit crosstalk from the computer used for the rip and wasn't actually present in the original.

That part is actually plausible.
>>
>>74869689
This.
>>
>>74869432
Something from Disraeli Gears, can't remember
>>
>>74869555
Idk at 18khs I don't think anyone cares
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.