[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Masters of Music that /mu/ couldn't give a damn about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

File: Susumu Hirasawa.jpg (14KB, 234x351px) Image search: [Google]
Susumu Hirasawa.jpg
14KB, 234x351px
Name the gods the patricians dared to shun
>>
I don't think /mu/ gives a shit about any masters, they only want the most mediocre pleb shit they can find.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpa_xDePRC4
>>
>>74859194

I made a thread on him the other day, about how his studio albums are incredibly underrated compared to his anime soundtracks. Got like three replies, mostly nothing to do with his music.

He's a genius. Amazing that his voice still sounds the same at 63, if not better actually, some of his highest and lowest notes have been on his last few albums.
>>
>>74859580
I wish I had seen that thread, I would have also posted there.

His studio albums are actually his better work - Paranoia Agent comes close, but Planet Roll Call is a masterpiece without peer.
>>
People like you are annoying. You point out that something is underrated or not talked about enough yet I know that you fucking know very well that it is not even what would naturally be discussed a lot anyways. It is completely reasonable why certain artists are "overlooked", a word which has seemingly become synonymous with being a great artist even though it is pretty obvious that there is a lot of great music by a lot of great musicians that is not going to constantly be the buzz around /mu/ or any social circle for that matter. You'd have to change the fabric of human nature in order get your desired result, or at least remove those who do not conform as part of your desired sample group.
>>
>>74859675
Imagine, if you can, hearing an artist that made you feel transcendant. Every note was pure love and you could listen to that artist for years without end and never once tire of their sound.

Now imagine that despite your best efforts to tell the world of your discovery, no one seems to care. They are too busy discussing lesser artists whose musical worlds are flat and uninspired. Would it not drive you insane that your musical god is not given their proper due - or any attention at all - while musicians who do less for the world of music in their entire discography than your muse does in a single note are discussed without end?

Imagine the world we would live in had Mozart and Bach not been given the attention and respect they deserved. So yes, I do plan on changing the fabric of human nature if need be, it is deathly important to me that people come to know the divine as I do.
>>
>>74859525
That intro sounds like the beginning of an epic early 2000s Rap song
>>
https://youtu.be/JgVDYu5cs0U
>>
>>74859657

Planet Roll Call is my favourite too. I really should get the live DVD, been meaning to for ages.
>>
>>74859194
I never got the hype about this guy, I can only assume it's some weeaboo bullshit. his stuff is pop music, and not very subtle or memorable pop music either, just dumb melodies repeated ad nauseum, with an array of sounds that makes britney spears sound like punk rock
>>
>>74859904
>watches Paprika once
>>
>>74860270
that movie is not as smart as you think it is
>>
>>74859798
5 favorite compositions by Bach and Mozart?
Ontario even bother replying to me, I already know you don't listen to either, so stop pretending you know anything about either.
>>
>>74860380
Tocatta and Fugue In D
Brandenburg Concerto no.2 in F Major
Concerto for Violin, Strings and Basso
Dies Irae
Don Giovanni
>>
>>74859904
His stuff with his original band P-Model is fantastic Devo-esque zolo/post-punk. They then evolved into catchy symphonic technopop.

Hirasawa's stuff mught be pompous and cheesy, but at the same time it's finely-crafted, catchy, "epic" in a soundtrack sense, and drawing from a lot of influences. It's good for what it is.
>>
File: 1293566236659.jpg (44KB, 455x364px) Image search: [Google]
1293566236659.jpg
44KB, 455x364px
>>74860556
It's not cheesy it's beautiful
>>
>>74859194
https://youtu.be/zp2vmxTy7OI

Modern day master, imo
>>
The single greatest drummer of all time.
https://youtube.com/watch?v=lVbTTmEmDxY
>>
>>74861167
the people cheering and clapping while he is playing angers me
>>
File: Bapgmyw.jpg (333KB, 600x2152px) Image search: [Google]
Bapgmyw.jpg
333KB, 600x2152px
tfw hirasawa will never compose anime ost again
>>
>>74859525
This man is a crazy fucker and I love his shit, my personal favorite is Sign, but this comes a close second.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XfSr4jloq0
>>
>>74861240
Elvin Jones is better my man
>>
The main idea that a person tries to convey to others is that he has access to much more prestigious consumption than people may thought. At the same time, that person tries to explain to others that their type of consumption is much less prestigious than they had so naively thought of. All social maneuvers are subordinated to this. Moreover, only matters such as these are able to arouse the persistent emotions within people.
>>
>>74860556
>it's good foe what it is

Fuck you. It's just good.
>>
>>74861993
not all people are like that, me and my friends have very different tastes, yet it's not a trouble for us.
>>
>>74862447
Boy, right now you're trying to convey to me the idea that you have access to more prestigious consumption than I, and that my way of consumption sucks. The only thing is that now we're talking about consumption in the sphere of communication. That's exact movement of mind I'm talking about. There's nothing else in people's minds - no matter how hard you try to find it. Only the specific type of consumption will change. It can be the consumption of things, impressions, cultural objects, music, movies, books, concepts, states of mind and so on.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQd23OaQQLA
>>
>>74862710
>babbys first philosophical thoughts
I too remember being 14 once
>>
>>74863481
Go to bed, Shamepai.
>>
>>74863644
literally what
>>
>>74859194
His work is very unique imo, listening to it feels like being in a meta-physical dream influenced by the cyberspace.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.