[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Times showing music backfired

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_3634.jpg (104KB, 601x508px)
IMG_3634.jpg
104KB, 601x508px
>Tfw dad and the rest of his composer friends laughed at me for playing Radiohead

He says to never show my music ever again to his friends because he felt embarrsed. Seriously wtf.
At least Steve Reich agrees with me.
These fucks want to argue against Steve Reich? I don't think so.
>>
>>74849136
your dad and his friends are pretentious as fuck don't listen to them
>>
>>74849234
radiohead is shit
>>
Radiohead is pretty crap though outside Kid A/Amnesiac. Listening to rock music that has none of the groove/rawness that makes the genre worth listening to in return for attempts at "sophisticated" melodic/harmonic progression that pale in comparison to what classical has to offer from a creative perspective is absolutely moronic.
>>
>>74849234
Patrician*
>>
Last trip i made back to my home country i was giving a ride to two of my friend and their girlfriends.
I wanted to listen to Holland 1945 for whatever reason, and 15 seconds into the song they all reacted really negatively and had me change it to something that actually sounded "good", according to them.
>>
I wanted to show ITAOTS to muh dad and less than halfway through KCF pt 3 he turned it off and got mad at me telling me I was "tricked" into liking the album and that I don't actually like it. Then I got a lecture how "whiny talentless teenagers" pretend to make music and that any person who's played a guitar for a month could write just as good as songs as any of these "indie folk" musicians.
I never showed anything to him ever again :(
>>
>>74849234
This, sort of. You still should have had more tact to know what they would think of Radiohead.
>>
File: IMG_2285.jpg (32KB, 300x304px)
IMG_2285.jpg
32KB, 300x304px
I don't believe any of you.
>>
>>74849616
Truly based
>>
>>74849136
Betting 20 bucks you haven't listened to Steve Reich outside of Mf18M and you don't know music from the original minimalist scene.
>>
>>74850907
Why don't you make ITAOTS then?

(That always shuts them up real quick)
>>
Death Grips to my friend sorta she now listens to it now because of some chad >:( but for real I was listening to DJ Shadow introducing while waiting for my old roommate to get ready to go out and she came out and told me my music taste is shit and ever since then I don't show nothing to nobody.
>>
>>74849136
>>74849616
Your dad's are both right
>>
>>74851126
I wouldn't make something that boring.
>>
>>74851455
Seriously? One girl didn't like the normiest of normie bleep bloops from the last century and it hurt your feelings so bad that you never shared music again?
>>
>>74849136
Literally every time.
Keep your autism to yourself.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.