[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Reminder this allbum is 10/10

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: mew.jpg (174KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
mew.jpg
174KB, 900x900px
Pretty Odd is too
>>
in 2017 this has finally reached classic status
>>
>>74847337
Idk, a lot of people really liked this album back in 2005, too.
>>
Never when Pitchfork panned it.
>>
>>74847337
can u elaborate? i'm genuinely curious
>>
I used to write Panic off as pure shit "emo" but yeah this album is actually really good
>>
>>74847296
teen girl emo pop was never good

Pretty Odd was superior in every way. That beach boys/beatles vibe was better.
Their spin off album by the Young Veins is good too
>>
File: butitsbetter.jpg (235KB, 1162x1600px) Image search: [Google]
butitsbetter.jpg
235KB, 1162x1600px
>>74847369
People hated the scene movement in its 2006-2009 peak. It was flashy, very unapologetic, and mostly represented the hottest trend at the time.

You had guys wearing eyeliner and straightening their hair, and singing in a thick faux-california warble. Doing it on regular guitar bass and drums too. When they would do their plain acoustic shit, it was almost like a bastardization of everything rock/folk had built up to so far. Can you imagine what James Taylor or even Kurt Cobain would say if they saw this youtube.com/watch?v=CMF4Oi2Qh0I ?

And it was mainstream....kinda hard to imagine that the jocks at your school were buying into this 100%, wearing ties with shirts and smugly quoting long literary song titles or lyrics, some even straightening their hair. But they were. Looking back in 2017 it is pretty amazing that there was a singular movement and style that everybody was on the same page with, the way there in decades past. Nowadays, music is a free for all, and doesn't have any feeling of time or place because of that. When you tihnk back to the mid-late 2000s, you know what it looks like.

Not all of that music, like All Time Low or We the Kings, was very high quality however. Those bands were just pieces that built the larger picture. Panic at the Disco however, was great. These guys had a sincerity that the movement sorely lacked. And even if this album isn't perfect, I have to seriously wonder how they were smart enough to make songs like But it's Better and Build God at the ages of 18/19. Sometimes the raw creative bursts of young people is worth a dip in objective quality, because they usually capture an energy/vibe in time better than anyone. Obviously Pretty Odd is the best example of their artistry. They were shining stars, better than Fall Out Boy.

The downfall usually happens when people take a style and push it to the extreme, leaving behind any substance. This is when that happened in my opinion youtube.com/watch?v=RUN-iZTEmUA. .
>>
>>74847757
wow man..........kys
>>
>>74847757
I think Brendan wrote some of the songs at like 13 or 14 too. Even crazier desu. But great write-up.
>>
>>74847957
thx :D

doo u tink i culd write for a magazine?!1?
>>
i think it's alright /10
>>
>>74848002
Probably desu. You gave me a good reminder of what it was like to live from 07-09. Fun times.
>>
more like panic at the fag-sco am i right
>>
>>74847757
Guy on the left is wearing a baphomet shirt...stupid illuminati mind control BS is the reason I hope to never be rich or famous.
>>
>>74848072
damn, you really think they were pimping these kids out at such a young age? You dont think they'd at least wait for them to become a little adult first before initiation?
>>
I have watched this video from to time and honestly cannot imagine what it would have been like to be at this concert.

youtube.com/watch?v=qnaGR6sWavQ

They're elevated in Denver, dressed in frilly lace, playing in some kind of garden, with banjos and lutes, etc. And they're like 19. One of those rare concerts where every element comes together
>>
>>74848100
Get em when they're young...
>>
>>74847757
2006-2009 s when i came of age, 11-15 for me. And I hated on this HARD I rebelled against this as much as I could, like I usually do with anything popular. Only now can I look back and appreciate it for what it was. The Maine was great: youtube.com/watch?v=9cxwbJIU2b8&list=PLSe7stPNYZLeRlLsSFXB-4iOHhoC9GioZ

Damn.....when I think...if only I had gone with the fucking flow. If only i had dyed my hair and done the whole shit. It would've given me an opportunity to wear more colors, and be in the right doing it. Those Scene girls were so clean and easy....fuck
>>
>>74848145
That song is already so good, but this version is way better.
>>
>>74847757
It was the last time there was a new, unique, form of rock music that widely popular among teenagers with a related dumb fashion trend. I thought I was unlucky at the time, missing out on the 90s, but now its a wasteland. Rock is as dead as Jazz. A band like Car Seat Headrest can get AOTY in 2016, but in 2006 or 1996 it would have just been another solid indie record among dozens.
>>
>>74848373
i know. When you look at it from today's perspective, it's incredible that music made by a guitar, bass, piano, drums could not only top the charts but also not be lame in teenagers' eyes
>>
File: vain.gif (53KB, 358x200px) Image search: [Google]
vain.gif
53KB, 358x200px
I know the world's a broken bone

Just melt your headaches call it home
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.