[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ok, give me the real Many people talk about Tool as if they're

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

File: 2ul.jpg (91KB, 505x130px) Image search: [Google]
2ul.jpg
91KB, 505x130px
ok, give me the real

Many people talk about Tool as if they're the only thing you ever need to listen to. And then some really don't...

Should I go ahead and sit through this music? Should I devote hours and hours of my life trying to underrated Tööl?
>>
Just listen to enema and undertow
>>
soft rock dronefest desu
>>
A perfect circle is better honestly

Go listen to mer de noms
>>
>>74845634
yeah I have listened to APC and it's edgy and unique and even beautiful at times. But it's also poppy, so I wonder if Tool is the "true music" that's actually gonna blow my mind.
>>
>>74845577
just give it a go, they certainly deserve it. but if for instance you're going chronologically and still don't find anything to like when at ænima then it's probably not worth devoting more hours to them.

>>74845634
you're not the first person to make that statement and it still baffles me. i get why people like tool, i even get why people hate tool, but i'll never get how one could consider apc to be better. they're so terribly, terribly bland from start to finish. but those are just my onions
>>
>>74845872

Apc is more melodic
>>
And Paz singing during the chorus of that one song is ebin. Judith
>>
>>74845888
so is rihanna. i guess i'd understand if apc was among the first bands you got into when discovering music or something. but to discover them later than that and think they are anything remarkable...
>>
>>74846012
This
>>
>>74846012
lol, every basic girl who was basic in the early 2000s has an apc tattoo
>>
>>74846012
>>74846037

I only like Mer De Noms, their first cd. The cd after that is weird.

This is probably everyone's favorite Apc song

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EoqXDPbivFs

Their bassist (Paz Lechanen) left after the first cd. It changed their musical dynamics.
>>
>>74845577
Listen to Aenima => Lateralus => 10,000 Days, OP. That's their trilogy of cool shit. Aenmia is quite good, but not great like Lateralus and 10,000 Days.
Lateralus can be a daunting thing to get into; 10,000 Days is much more straightforward and easier to see if you like it/them

>>74845604
Do not listen to this. Undertow has very little worthwhile on it

>>74845872
But I think their stuff before Aenima is more difficult to get into, so at least if they make it to Aenimia they should hear the 2 remaining albums left as well

Honestly OP it's not a huge discography; it's worth hearing once at the very least.
>>
>>74846146

See I couldn't get into lateralus and 10k days.

I like undertow and aenima.
>>
This song is really edgy. Not joking.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xTgKRCXybSM
>>
>>74846146
while i don't share your opinion on undertow i definitely agree with your final sentiment.
>>
>>74846281
wats so edgy? Whats the message
>>
>>74846146
>it's worth hearing once at the very least

alright. I just dont know if they made actual music from their souls, or if Tool is so extremely contrived that there's nothing of value there that will stay with you
>>
>>74846311

Listen to it and see
>>
>>74846281

This song gave birth to the meaning "edgy as fuck".
>>
>>74846139
>3 Libras
>Not The Package
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqJJwv_Caaw
Jeez anon
>>
>>74846166
Ah, very interesting then!

Proof that OP should hear it all at least once so they can pick their own as well!

>>74846289
In fairness, it's been years since I heard Undertow last. Will loop back around and restart their discography!

>>74846343
Nah man, that's honestly just their often-annoying fanbase. They're one of those groups that are cursed with a shitty one ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
They've got some great rock tracks with a healthy dose of busyness from each instrument without being just noodling, and when they're not doing that they create some really cool and creepy atmosphere.
Great riffs and drumming abound though!
>>
Don't listen to anybody's opinions.

Approach listening to a Tool album as if it has a big sticker on it saying "DON'T LISTEN TO THIS".

You're not supposed to overthink it, but then again, you most certainly will.

Don't make a big plan to listen to their albums. One day, when you get bored, just put one of their albums on while working out, or driving, or surfing the web, or sitting in your room.

Don't force yourself into trying to understand it right away, and don't take it too seriously, as the band themselves don't.

That's all I have to say about that.
>>
>>74845577
Tool is one of those phenomenal bands that aren't as good as people say they are, but were widely the best band of their kind at the time of their inception. Since people can't think critically for themselves, they think the hype makes the band incredible. And by, "best at the time," I of course mean to say the best popular band of its kind.

There are better bands, anon, but Tool isn't terrible. Learn to think for yourself and learn to critique music. If someone defends some music with. "Muh favorite band is best of all time lol ur just so pretentious all music is good," then it's probably shit. Bad music attracts retards with low IQs. Use this as a basis.
>>
Listen to Aenima and Lateralus. It's not that special or deep, but they are good musicians and really knew how to make an eerie and unsettling atmosphere.... which is why I found their filler and humorous songs so out of place and annoying. And they make up like 40% of their albums.
>>
>>74845577
no and if you dont believe me and continue you'll agree with me eventually
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.