[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Modern classical BTFO

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: 23oi.png (12KB, 674x121px) Image search: [Google]
23oi.png
12KB, 674x121px
http://www.returnofkings.com/98356/modern-classical-music-is-dead

Is he right? I think so.
>>
File: 1406216824216.jpg (20KB, 333x333px) Image search: [Google]
1406216824216.jpg
20KB, 333x333px
>>74842609
>returnofkings
>>
I wish I had that headline compilation of all this different journalists saying "X MUSIC IS DEAD"
>>
File: music is dead.jpg (731KB, 1721x1928px) Image search: [Google]
music is dead.jpg
731KB, 1721x1928px
>>74842635
>>
>>74842609
Stop trying to shill your garbage writing.
>>
>>74842741
>Oct 18 2016
>>
File: 1494745782300.jpg (40KB, 355x362px) Image search: [Google]
1494745782300.jpg
40KB, 355x362px
>>74842609
>Max Roscoe is an aspiring philosopher king, living the dream, travelling the world, hoarding FRNs and ignoring Americunts. He is a European at heart, lover of Latinas, and currently residing in the USA.
>>
>>74842719
rock is dead tho
and metal
>>
>>74842798
>Oct 18 2016
Great, so why bother posting the article at all?
>>
>Modern classical music is like modern art. One big garbled mess.
Clickbait, right from the start. One could stop reading right there.
>>
>>74842945
To start a sophisticated musical discussion on /mu/ of course
>>
>As this worship of ugliness has marginalized natural beauty, likewise, modern classical music teaches us that dissonant chords, out-of-key incongruous sounds, and loud, harsh noises are pleasant and desirable. Gone are the naturally pleasing chords and intonations which music theory teaches are good. Listening to a modern classical piece is truly like watching the Emperor parade around in his new clothes.
Spoken like someone who's never taken the time to achieve even a slightest understanding of music theory, compositional techniques or at least music history.
>>
>>74842991
Reads like a shitty political screed only partly connected with music.
>>
>>74842973
>The problem with modern musical pieces is that the entire symphony is one 40 minute assault of dissonant sounds. It’s like listening to a 40 minute standup routine with no punchlines.
He keeps piling them on.
>While there is a biological basis for some natural level of homosexuality, the large numbers of deviant lifestyles today, including bisexual, pansexual, or any of the other 49 flavors of crazy are nothing more than emotional outbursts of troubled minds who know of no better way to express their frustration than to shun the norms and mores of their culture.
And, we're done.
>>
>>74843138
Twenty bucks on him being a born again Christian?
>>
>European at heart
>favourite piece of music by Aaron Copland
>Stephen King as an example of a good modern writer
>le dignified looking avatar lifted from Barry Lyndon

Inanity and dilettantism of the article aside, it's always so endearing to see a burger who has this inferiority complex that he compensates for with things he deems "classy." It's like those lottery winners who buy mansions with golden toilettes.
>>
>>74842609
Not opening your clickbait bullshit also he's wrong. Philip Glass just wrote another symphony this year and there's tons of new classical music that is good. Go shill somewhere else.
>>
>>74843167
There's nothing wrong with liking Copland. Fuck you. The rest of that stuff is obviously pseud garbage though.
>>
>>74843138
>The problem with modern musical pieces is that the entire symphony is one 40 minute assault of dissonant sounds. It’s like listening to a 40 minute standup routine with no punchlines.
This is not true though. I bet he doesn't actually listen to modern classical and just knows about it through the "All modern classical is atonal" meme which is completely wrong.
>>
>>74843275
You're right it isn't. Still, American composer par excellence. So it's more me wondering on how many levels of cognitive dissonance is the author on.
>>
>>74843308
Just let this thread die.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.