[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: HumanzGorillaz.png (178KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
HumanzGorillaz.png
178KB, 400x400px
What went wrong?
>>
File: 878977982323.jpg (49KB, 950x534px) Image search: [Google]
878977982323.jpg
49KB, 950x534px
EVERYTHIIIIIIIIIIING
>>
>>74841175
Trump
>>
>>74841175
Sold out to pop
>>
>>74841432
this. people put politics into everything nowadays, even when it's completely unnecessary but "OMG TRUMP IS LITERALLY THE ANTICHRIST"

it's irritating. the album will had other flaws too tho
>>
I liked it, I'm not so easily triggered though
>>
>>74841536
That's what gets them sales & ratings
>>
>>74841175
its an album people think is cool to dislike
>>
I think the quote "it's like a party with all of Damon's friends but Damon already left and they're all just kinda sitting there" describes it pretty well
>>
>>74841536
Politics isnt annoying in music, its the fact that theyre riding the trend of hate. A band like radiohead who's been political forever is different than shitty gorillaz lol trump garbage
>>
>>74841536
I mean, most of Gorillaz' work is political. The thing is, it was just subtle (but still kinda evident) in Demon Days, which is great, but they just made it obvious in this one. And this is bad.
>>
>>74841373
top kek
>>
Damon went political with both a shit concept and a group of up and coming trendy artists and not enough established talent like he did with the two albums before it. Honestly, the shit concept hurts more than the talent because these artists probably could've done better with a stronger artistic direction but really the whole thing was just too damn shaky on a foundational level, there was almost no way the album as conceptualized was going to be good. If he wanted to go political he should've reconceptualized the album from the ground up, it wasn't anywhere near as interesting as what Demon Days or Plastic Beach were doing.
>>
bloated with features that were packed in because they were hip and his daughter liked them

the interludes have no purpose

Like P/B and The Fall and unlike S/T and DD, it had a specific concept that all songs were supposed to revolve around. Unfortunately, not enough attention was given to this specific concept, and the songs came out as haphazard and scattered.

As over-exaggerated as it is, there was a lack of Damon's vocals on the album, which helped it to feel less like a Gorillaz album and more like a compilation.

Despite all these faults, I still think there are some great tracks on here, it's just not a Gestalt 8+/10 like it's predecessors.
>>
Albarn ran out of money so he decided to make the most normie bait album he could.

The songwriting is so lazy it's honestly almost insulting.
>>
Hip Hop-1 Alt Rock-0
>>
Featuring featuring featuring featuring featuring featuring
>>
It feels too much like a rap album, and not a Gorillaz album. There's no rock influence, little trip hop influence, and such a scattered approach in general. The features all use very talented artists in very poor ways that don't really fit their skillsets. Damon isn't featured as prominently as he should be. I feel like overall, it was an album made because Damon felt obligated to put out a Gorillaz album, and not because he wanted to. I just hope that if he makes another Gorillaz effort a few years down the line he feels passionate about it.
>>
>>74841175
>74841175
They were never good in the first place
>>
>>74841175
It sounds like a washed-up 50-something trying to emulate EDM and rap music. The production sounds so artificial, like everything was recorded on a computer - even more so than Plastic Beach, where sounding synthetic was the whole point.
>>
>>74842394
How can you say that Gorillaz haven't been political for ages? Dirty Harry is a protest song about the middle east war
>>
>>74841373
fpbp
>>
Damon remembered his roots after Plastic Beach and is more suited now for acoustic songs, alt.rock with Graham, and piano songs
>>
>>74846540

Magic Whip and Everyday Robots don't sound so limiting and they're good albums. Humanz was just bad. Hell, those albums are better Gorillaz albums than Humanz was.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.