[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The overwhelming futility of life.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: Jacques_Brel_1963.jpg (129KB, 432x634px) Image search: [Google]
Jacques_Brel_1963.jpg
129KB, 432x634px
Show me a sadder song than this. Pro tip: you can't. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vz6r0TP4FBI
>>
>>74836550
My negro.
>>
DOWN ON SKID ROW
>>
>>74836664
Huh... Played bass for LSoH in a high school show. I don't remember that song. Not even close though.
>>
>>74836550

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZcH2OOMV4A
>>
>>74836743
Not bad, but not that sad. More bitter/cynical.
>>
>>74836781
>bitter/cynical.

what a terrible interpretation
>>
>>74836792
He's just saying how shit the world is for him. How do you see it?
>>
>>74836818
I see it exactly like this:

'The song is serious, and it is sad, but it reveals a self-knowledge and depth of hard-gained wisdom that make it ultimately a statement of strength in the face of the crushing depths of depression. In fact, the song seems to inhabit a world beyond depression, a realm of pure abstraction, or of “nothing.” When Townes sings “I stood there like a block of stone,” with simple, finger-picked guitar accompaniment, in a brooding minor key, “Knowin’ all that I had to know/And nothin’ more/And man, that’s nothin’,” it’s clear that we’re being taken someplace unusual, someplace where we’ll have to drop our preconceptions and follow our guide closely, because we won’t want to risk getting lost.
“Being born is going blind/And bowing down a thousand times/To echoes strung on pure temptation”—this takes us outside the everyday experience of life and leaves us wondering how much further we can go; “Sorrow and solitude/ These are the precious things/And the only words that are worth remembering”—this tells us something we didn’t know, and aren’t sure we want to know, or are ready to know. The song leaves us with what seems like the memory of a vivid experience, and with a knowledge and understanding of something we might have known but couldn’t have expressed, and perhaps with a new way of looking at the world. We’re exhilarated, possibly somewhat frightened, and exhausted.'
>>
>>74836878
>We’re exhilarated, possibly somewhat frightened, and exhausted.
And not at all sad. Got it.
>>
>>74836550
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbcZstt8ACY
>>
>>74837057
>Black comedy.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.