[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is MPP still /mu/core? Or is it considered normie tier?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

Is MPP still /mu/core? Or is it considered normie tier?
>>
>>74833929
yeah, /MU/core is basically second-degree normie tier at this point.
>>
>>74833954
Play any animal collective for normies

i dare you
>>
>>74834001
I've shown My Girls to normies and they've liked it
>>
>>74833929
Who cares what "normies" like?
>>
>>74834001
singles off of MPP, some select songs off of painting with are pretty well liked by some of my normie-ish friends.
>>
>>74834017
ok, now play anything off HCTI, Sung Tongs or even Centipede
>>
Its one of the first albums people listen to when they first start browsing /mu/. So yes.
>>
File: 1486860458614.gif (1MB, 257x200px) Image search: [Google]
1486860458614.gif
1MB, 257x200px
>>74834001
>on Spotify
>have a friend who usually plays Top 40 shit on my feed
>see him playing Golden Gal at one point
>mfw
>>
Person Pitch is fairly normie tier
>>
>>74833929
it's stil cult as fuck and will remain it until the end of times.

if anco managed to get the media inerested in them, they would have been mgmt's main competition. so sad.
>>
>>74834662
If an artist's albums are being sold at fucking barnes and noble, they're pretty damn normie.
>>
Anco are normie. That doesn't mean they're bad but they're not obscure. They will never be as good as they were in the very early 00's though
>>
>>74834051
>Sung Tongs
most of it is really sweet folk music except for maybe 2 tracks, not much normie-proof about it
>or even Centipede
>or even their second most normie album
http://www.billboard.com/artist/279342/animal-collective/chart
basically every album they released after HCTI (except for ST which feels kind of genuine) is a just an attempt to sell-out
>>
>>74834682
comics get sold at barnes and noble and comics are a ridiculously small market.

MPP may have gotten popular, but no more than 2k people will check out an anco concert.
>>
>>74834751
>basically every album they released after HCTI is a just an attempt to sell-out
no, stop
>>
>>74834786
why living in denial?
>>
>>74834771
AnCo are probably the biggest indie band that is still together. I've been to several AnCo shows over the years and it's always a very broad audience mixed with a cult audience. They are popular and famous.
>>
>>74834808
i'm not
>>
>>74834837
Argument killer right there
>>
>anco
>normie
I bet you're a literal nigger
>>
They definitely lost their momentum with the in crowd with the two records they dropped after MPP and that retroactively has caused MPP to lose a lot of the hype it had, at the same time they got a lot of exposure to normies through the PB feature with Daft Punk so technically speaking they might be more popular than ever but nobody is really talking about them right now despite their two 2017 EPs both being quite good
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.